Cool vintage-style t-shirts...Velva-Sheen

Shorty Long

Update...a Japanese company bought the Velva-Sheen label and production is carried out in California. Hickoree's is the only US store to carry them.

$35 is pretty steep for a basic pocket t-shirt, but I figured I'd pass on the info. I've found it pretty hard to find a shirt with such vintage-inspired details. The ones put out by LVC seem to be in a similar category, but you're paying $90+ for those.

I'm sure you're not in the minority. I'm just one of those crazy m-f'ers that can justify it (although $35 is about my limit).

I thought it would be good info to pass along to fellow sufu'ers.

i just have a hard time justifying a 35 dollar t shirt. I dont buy the LVC ones either. but I do think they're cool.

• 3 weeks later...
No, this is where you are wrong.

I'm pretty picky about my t-shirts, would buy a pack in a second if I knew how they fit.

thanks for the info, at any rate.

No this is where you are wrong.

Anyways, The Craft also carries these. Has anybody bought some? I would pick some up but can't spring on them right now. I do like the goodwear white-ts. Not necessarily vintage steez, but very robust and strong.

I have some...they're cut pretty slim through the body (i'm typically a M, but had to go with a L on these). I prefer the fit and vintage details of these over Goodwear t's, but the fabric on the Velva-sheen isn't quite as heavy the Goodwear. I wouldn't consider the Velva-sheen fabric thin, it's just not as bulky as the Goodwear's (few are).

bill also carries them , they look really nice

http://craftworkwear.blogspot.com/2010/05/keep-it-simple-stupid.html

That's funny, because I heard that somewhere....