Beat Music

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long can you actually picture this genre of music lasting before it gets "played out"?

I swear, electronic music cycles way too fucking quickly :(

How long can you actually picture this genre of music lasting before it gets "played out"?

I swear, electronic music cycles way too fucking quickly :(

Why do you care if its "played out" why don't you just listen to music you like, not because its cool. I'm listening to t-pain right now because i love it and I don't care if its cool to like it or not.

By "played out" I mean the concepts that define the genre are exploited by so many that they fail to be interesting.

Like a lot of post-Justice electro or post-wobble dubstep.

By "played out" I mean the concepts that define the genre are exploited by so many that they fail to be interesting.

Like a lot of post-Justice electro or post-wobble dubstep.

yea whatever i still listen to good electro and good wobble dubstep. also, i still listen to good drum and bass.

do you think the concepts that define rock or hip hop are exploited by more people than those that 'exploit' the concepts of 'beat music'? if so, they would they not also be 'played out'?

this is what im listening to not because nobody knows about it, but because the music makes me feel good, and really isn't that all that matters?

_b9oDdRMxdw

song is 2 sic

By all means I understand what you're saying. There are a ton of good electro (like Siruismo, for example) dubstep, and "beat" artists that are more concerned with producing quality music than jumping onto the next-big-thing, but there is no denying that many artists are simply trying to jump into the game by jacking concepts that other artists have worked very hard to pioneer. I remember reading an interview that Armin Van Buuren did where he said something along the lines of: "You have to include some of what's popular right now, like some Deadmau5-y stuff (this was in early summer so he was still a big deal) so people are familiar with it, but you still have to put your own original ideas into each track too otherwise everything sounds the same".

I mean just listen to how many shitty tracks and remixes there are with a super-distorted synth line ala "Waters Of Nazareth".

i'm really digging this guy called machine drum, too

yes! Want to 1 2? was one my favorites of 2009.

rHAji_pRU7Q&feature=related

Haploid, i don't understand what exactly you have beef with...you seem to fully understand and accept the fact that music cycles rather quickly, yet you're still bothered by that? i'm sure tons of music snobs enjoy some of the "played out" electronic shit that everyone else listens to now. not everyone is a visionary when it comes to pioneering new musical concepts, and i really don't think it's fair at all to say that artists just make music because it's the hype thing to do...

sure there's a lot of shit out there you have to sort through. and i see how it can be frustrating (especially as a producer) to hear the same thing over and over again, the shit gets way oversaturated for sure. but then again, the artists that try and "protect" their sound and fight to keep it to some small underground scene are usually the douchiest too

as you can tell i'm anything but the authority on music trends and whatnot, but usually the good stuff floats to the top anyway so i don't think there's much to complain about

just because it's original doesn't mean it's good and just because it's good doesn't mean it's original

And some other shit 4yamind

hSBVNswo4yg

AFTA is a homie of mine, good seeing him getting some shine.

Some of his other work:

The Facts

qvKucBwxom8

Little Dragon - Fortune (AFTA-1 Remix)

m8MoJl6JcoI

Speak - The Kite Flyers (Prod. by AFTA-1)

This joint is almost 4 years old but it still bangs.

spiImgfOWJ0

Peep this dude Rez's shit as well: http://www.myspace.com/meisrez

Rez - Between Places

Rez - Sum/mer EP

Don't sleep on these tapes, they're fire.

Flylo at amoeba tonight nigggzzzz