Beat Music

Did a quick search and didn't find a thread for this shit so far. Anyway, I consider beat music to encompass a lot of sub-genres, so just post shit that you think would relate. Anything along the lines of instrumental hip-hop, to drum heavy IDM. It's all good. I'll get it started with my own EP I put out last winter.

CHITS-JUNT A

Download Here

And some other shit 4yamind

hSBVNswo4yg

Nq2JYcIZyto

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooo i love this thread. thanks for posting a link to your stuff eequalsmcbrill, i'm listening right now and like a lot of what i hear

here is a beat i whipped up the other day, feedback is appreciated!

http://www.throwthisaway.org/4-7-10.mp3

and, here is quite possibly the dopest beats one can experience, the last three songs off Hive's Devious Methods (1998!!w!t!f!!!!)

dpXdWUOXW_Y

ah shit, nearly forgot about London-based baddaman Dem hunger

the ep's been out a short while, can cop via google - 'Caveman Smack'

60LB7VmVL04

muiKkXMupzw

dem is the homie. so glad leaving records heard his shit. SHELLEY FUCKIN' DUVALL.

yeah i didn't know if enough people were into this shit so i made it pretty general. i for one hate the term wonky, and rustie can have his aquacrunk. but this thread does need a better title.

and thanks destructo. glad to know some folks like it.

lcFoSewYTxc

lukid is underrated.

^dude what are u tripping about nobody insulted either of those two records.

i think dubstep was just the yearly electronic craze. there's a new hyped "genre" coming from european electro producers every year.

well its actually a pretty well documented phenomenon due to the small size of the UK, shit rebounds around the place real fast and people move on to the next thing. Look at 2-step and minimal tech and now dubstep amongst others. The only scene that has had any kind of longevity has been dnb but even that has a bunch of micro-genres.

I guess i was stupid for thinking that it would ever last longer than a couple of years but its been a good run and i can say i got to witness it first hand. Probably nothing like the legendary '90s rave scene (which i was too young to catch) but still...

Liking the sound of all of this stuff! Who are some artists to check out... or any recommended releases?

start with the obvious.

Flying Lotus

Samiyam

Ras G

Gaslamp Killer (not necessarily beat stuff, but still definetly worth the listen)

then you got lesser known artists that are still definetly worth a peep.

Devonwho

Knxwledge

Shlohmo

Lukid

Groundislava <-- personal fave of mine

Elan

but yeah, Flying Lotus - Los Angeles 1x3 is probably the staple of the beat generation. all time classic.