Another Garbage Freshjive Shirt - Supertrash?

englandmj7

Holy god is Rick Klotz a talentless hack; I remember the Nigo-shirt post but this dude keeps em' coming. For the love of god man, just accept when your brand is shit.........another shirt for all you "I am anti-Bape for no good reason" kids; meanwhile Nigo buys a new sportscar and bones Japanese popstars on a weekly basis:

s3f3hz.jpg

icon_smile.gif

The reason I dislike bape is that marginalized kids with money use Bape and other hyped brands to buy their social security, and bape preys on it and exploits it to the nth degree. Why do you think it's minority kids that line up for Supreme??? the teenage asian male probably gets it the worst in North America, i mean asian girls don't even date asian guys ahahha

regardless of whether i'm asian or not making this comment, the truth was never pretty.

Quote:

Kind of off topic, but I always felt a good BAPE parody T-shirt would be a monkey in a bathtub with one of those backscrubber things.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Mar 23, 2006 04:03 PM

Fuct made that exact shirt years ago.

3903.jpg

Edited by KFC ONE on Mar 23, 2006 at 04:49 PM

I dont know about this. Is it supposed to be a slap in the face of Bape? I would never buy one but if thats the idea I can dig it. However, if it it said something like "FUCK BAPE" on the back, then I'd buy two.

Edited by ktothe on Mar 23, 2006 at 05:26 PM

Quote: Fuct made that exact shirt years ago.

Hmm? I thought Brooklyn Projects made that shirt last year; at least they were claiming it as theirs when I talked to Dominick (the owner) about it....

Quote: The reason I dislike bape is that marginalized kids with money use Bape and other hyped brands to buy their social security, and bape preys on it and exploits it to the nth degree. Why do you think it's minority kids that line up for Supreme??? the teenage asian male probably gets it the worst in North America, i mean asian girls don't even date asian guys ahahha

regardless of whether i'm asian or not making this comment, the truth was never pretty.

Well, it was not really meant to be a post commenting on the social implications of Bathing Ape buyers, but honestly man, what a ridiculous point. Bape forces people to by stuff? hah hah, to buy social security? what the hell country do you live in? In the U.S. 99% of the youth have no idea in hell what Bape is. If social security in your hometown means wearing dunks, Bape, and Supreme then I feel sorry as shit for those kids because where I am from, a nice-looking bird or car does alot more for you.

Edited by englandmj7 on Mar 23, 2006 at 05:31 PM

Very few people if any wear bape where i'm from in Canada. I never mentioned Bape forcing people to buy anything, but kids DEFINITELY feel the need to rock Bape so their peers think their hot shit, but who's gonna admit to that fact? Why do we even have WDYWT threads? so people can name drop expensive labels and do the whole "show and tell" thing

i highly doubt 99% of US teens in urban centers don't know what bathing ape is

Quote: but kids DEFINITELY feel the need to rock Bape so their peers think their hot shit, but who's gonna admit to that fact? Why do we even have WDYWT threads? so people can name drop expensive labels and do the whole "show and tell" thing

Not to seem like I am attacking you, but do you proofread when you write? You highly doubt 99% of teens in urban centers don't know what Bape is? Did I even mention urban centers? You know, there is a pretty big country here outside of urban centers; go figure! People wear ANY "brand name" so their peers think their hot shit, even including brands like A&F; I know my friends from the Midwest would kick me in the balls if I walked around with a huge monkey on my shirt, but Abercrombie, unfortunately, is the youth's "status symbol" there (well at least it was when I was in school; frat guys still love the shit). Bape is one of thousands of "important" brands, there is no need to "call them out" exclusively; they cater to a VERY small demographic anywhere outside of Japan.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

Very few people if any wear bape where i'm from in Canada. I never mentioned Bape forcing people to buy anything, but kids DEFINITELY feel the need to rock Bape so their peers think their hot shit, but who's gonna admit to that fact? Why do we even have WDYWT threads? so people can name drop expensive labels and do the whole "show and tell" thing

--- Original message by Becks23 on Mar 23, 2006 05:59 PM

You know...I kinda agree with what you're saying about WDYWT threads. As of last weekend I made a vow that I'm never getting involved in those type of threads ever again in my life. If I do step into a WDYWT thread it's probably to comment on something random, like I did earlier today when someone mentioned the new T.I. It just got to a point where I said to myself "What's the point?" I'm starting to realize as I get increasingly jaded and disillusioned by fashion that at the end of the day, it ain't about how you look but it's how you feel that's most important. I mean I'm not knockin people who do post up in those threads, but personally for me I felt it wasn't workin out and I was takin the shit way too serious.

sorry for that off topic rant just had to get that off my chest.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Becks23 on Mar 23, 2006 05:59 PM

You know...I kinda agree with what you're saying about WDYWT threads. As of last weekend I made a vow that I'm never getting involved in those type of threads ever again in my life. If I do step into a WDYWT thread it's probably to comment on something random, like I did earlier today when someone mentioned the new T.I. It just got to a point where I said to myself "What's the point?" I'm starting to realize as I get increasingly jaded and disillusioned by fashion that at the end of the day, it ain't about how you look but it's how you feel that's most important. I mean I'm not knockin people who do post up in those threads, but personally for me I felt it wasn't workin out and I was takin the shit way too serious.

sorry for that off topic rant just had to get that off my chest.

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Mar 23, 2006 07:39 PM

I agree with you fade... some of the biggest influences in fashion to me and you didnt give a shit about what they wore.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Guest Fade to Black

yeah...and i mean as far as expressing yourself creatively, there's so many ways to do that and clothes is just one of them, and i would even say it's not even that important of an art form in the bigger picture....music, acting, photography, writing, things that you go out and take action in to show what you're about, those are areas that matter.

BTW I really like the Emergency sign photo that you took.

Quote:
Quote: but kids DEFINITELY feel the need to rock Bape so their peers think their hot shit, but who's gonna admit to that fact? Why do we even have WDYWT threads? so people can name drop expensive labels and do the whole "show and tell" thing

Not to seem like I am attacking you, but do you proofread when you write? You highly doubt 99% of teens in urban centers don't know what Bape is? Did I even mention urban centers? You know, there is a pretty big country here outside of urban centers; go figure! People wear ANY "brand name" so their peers think their hot shit, even including brands like A&F; I know my friends from the Midwest would kick me in the balls if I walked around with a huge monkey on my shirt, but Abercrombie, unfortunately, is the youth's "status symbol" there (well at least it was when I was in school; frat guys still love the shit). Bape is one of thousands of "important" brands, there is no need to "call them out" exclusively; they cater to a VERY small demographic anywhere outside of Japan.

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Mar 23, 2006 06:18 PM

Yeh don't worry I don't see it as a personal attack or anything :) haha

but it just seems that ever forum i visit seems to go on and on about Bape. Which seems to elude me, i mean are the designs hot? i guess personal opinion dictates that but it seems like so many people buy based on purely name brand more so then any brand. Although one man's Bape is another man's A&F, isn't A&F much easier to acquire and cheaper in relation to Bape (we just had one open here and i dont know much about A&F). I just think the whole manipulation of output by making everything so "rare and expensive" is border line monopoly in a sense which fcks with the heads of youth. Maybe i'm over generalizing the demographics of Bape (probably am) but lately i've been seeing more and more 16 year old local kids throw the bape name around and stuff.

The whole bape hype is rediculous, so a little parody for selfreflection is healthy for the people paying big ass money to get it. Theres hardly any good design in the new collection!

Regarding freshjive, its lame that every single design is based on other creations but so what, like bape, he also caters for specific people that would wear his shit. I really dont get the hate on freshjive.

Guest sauce1

I agreee...

I think Freshjive jumped the shark at last year /2 years? parody series....the one with the stussy tee.

Freshjive was in their prime with the Seditionary stuff, I thought their was definate individualism there. don;t now how it will hold up in 2006 tho, but this parady ish is killin em....oh rick.

still love FJ tho.

peace.

someone took my niketalk name here.

Quote: Yeh don't worry I don't see it as a personal attack or anything :) haha

but it just seems that ever forum i visit seems to go on and on about Bape. Which seems to elude me, i mean are the designs hot? i guess personal opinion dictates that but it seems like so many people buy based on purely name brand more so then any brand. Although one man's Bape is another man's A&F, isn't A&F much easier to acquire and cheaper in relation to Bape (we just had one open here and i dont know much about A&F). I just think the whole manipulation of output by making everything so "rare and expensive" is border line monopoly in a sense which fcks with the heads of youth. Maybe i'm over generalizing the demographics of Bape (probably am) but lately i've been seeing more and more 16 year old local kids throw the bape name around and stuff.

I see your point, but either way, advertising in general "preys" on people, it is a part of our society, there is no point in "fighting" it; if a company can make money off of the easily-influenced minds of our youth, then more power to them, I mean, not to sound like broken recording, but blame the parents if their 15 year old son has $300 to blow on a Bape hoodie.......