SVSV It IS real!

I know the brand is going for the high end "streetwear" market, so I'll cut them some slack for trying something new (as far as brand positioning goes). And yeah, I think the price point is a little high. Personally, I don't care about price.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but something about the people involved (I don't want to name names) and the way info was spread online kind of messed up the way brands typically build credibilty.

Now, I will say that by looks alone, the line is understated and has a clean look. But something is a little off about the way the brand was launched imo. This interpretation could solely by my own, so take it with a grain of salt.

It's been gone over before, but my two cents.

At first, I was intrigued that they were going to try to market to a different audience, then I remembered: "Oh shit! They're trying to cash in on an ingenuitive scene without doing any real work!"

The only reasoning for the overwhelming price-point is brand, obviously, but I'm really not feeling it. I'd be embarrased to be caught in anything that plain looking at the price-point. I don't care how nice it is, $900 a scarf?

I suppose it's reasonable if you're buying $200 shirts for the brand, but with a brand this shitty it don't make sense.

Personally, I'll stick to my thrift-store scarf that looks about 12 times better.

- - - - -

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

yes.. its an elaborate joke to CRASH MY COMPUTER! because that is what happens whenever i try to go to the svsv online store. Why is the site soooo slow??? Its not even that fancy/elaborate.

I did get a glimpse of a hoody before it froze though.. it said it provided protection becuase its made of a flame retardant material!!! Wow.. thats just what everyone needs. and for just $400, what a bargain. And it only comes in size L and XL! Thats good because if a little guy like me wears it, ill be flame retardant like all the way down to the middle of my thighs. Put up that hood, and any fire shooting down from the ceiling wont phase you at all. Of course you still need to watch out for floor level flames.. at least until the svsv flame resistant pants come out (available only in waist sizes 36 and up, most likely!)

The bullet necklaces are absolutely STUPID. Some idiot is going to blow his foot off trying to take the projectile off a .357 round to empty out the gun powder so he can polish it and hang it around his neck. Also, the "Anti" bullet is not another bullet...it is a flower and everbody knows that. I just don't get the appeal. Why would somebody pay that much for a bullet to wear around their neck? Like the dealer in Vacation said...Why don't you just give all your money and I'll kick you in the nuts and we will call it even.

neawts on the money above. The SVSV brand concept is at least somewhat original, but the execution is suspect. Something about it feels inauthentic and cynical. Like it's more a marketing exercise than a brand that anyone involved in actually believes in. And the bullet shit is fucking lame, lame lame.

It's not the price point. Lines like Carpe Diem put out stuff with much crazier prices, but because the people who make it and the people who retail it believe in it (almost to the point of fanaticism), this translates on to the buyer.

They should use some of these as stealth uniforms for soldiers. Fireproof n all, they'd be awesome.

Apparently the materials they use justify the price. Who knows, but i really dislike most of the gear.

I don't really mind the overall feel of the brand. It has been spammed around a bit too much though.

Quote:

The bullet necklaces are absolutely STUPID. Some idiot is going to blow his foot off trying to take the projectile off a .357 round to empty out the gun powder so he can polish it and hang it around his neck. Also, the "Anti" bullet is not another bullet...it is a flower and everbody knows that. I just don't get the appeal. Why would somebody pay that much for a bullet to wear around their neck? Like the dealer in Vacation said...Why don't you just give all your money and I'll kick you in the nuts and we will call it even.

--- Original message by damnIam on Mar 23, 2006 06:39 AM

You can already buy inert rounds, polished and hung from a chain. $10 bucks or so at almost any surplus store or flea market, i'm sure they're on Ebay as well.