picked up a pair of Evisu x Pumas

chim

ok well here's a pic of my regular worn in evisu x pumas. i picked them up at a puma store in HK. i kno everyone's style here is diff. i'm just a white sneakers baggy pants kinda guy and i liked the cut of these jeans. they weren't tapered or slim like some other evisus. i tried the carrot long and they were waaaay too skinny for me. the loose ones were waaaay too baggy for me, like some rocawear shit or somethin lol. the regular jeans were some baby bear shit.. just right.. for me at least. i didn't get the rigids because i already have enough raw jeans in nudies, rmc, and evisus and if i'm going to go through the trouble to break in some raw jeans; i'd rather them be selvedge. these jeans are non-selvedge. i didn't care for the stitched over holes for the worn out ones either.

anyways, i'm a lil dude. only 5'6" so the 32" length makes em bunch up at my kicks. but that's fine with me cuz my steez. lol.

DSC04887.JPG

DSC04884.JPG

DSC04885.JPG

IMO i kno they're not REAL evisus per se like the selvedge raw variety, but i thought it was a good crossover product. and i like how they look, so that's all that really matters.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha i bought that tee for like $9 USD in shenzen, china from this shop i go to all the time in lo wu commercial city. the girls that work there named themselves apple and orange for what reason i don't know. they real nice people tho. i kno some bape stuff is made in china. sometimes 60% of the product is and the remaining 40% in japan, so they're able to put the "made in japan" tag on 'em. a lot of the factories make excess product or sell the designs to other factories. anyways, the shirt came in a bbc baggie and with all the right tags. if it's fake, i don't care. any hypebeaster that pays full retail like $500 USD for a swarsoki crystal bape or bbc shirt is pretty much an idiot. it's a damn t-shirt. i'd rather save my money for more enjoyable things like premium jeans and trips to far off places like i'm doing right now. lol

the carrot long is the "long rise loose" model that's on the puma site. i just remember that the tag said carrot for some reason. they were real skinny. i know some people like their jeans like that like the guy who started this thread, but there's nothing wrong with that... it's just not my style.

i have a pair of the rigids and im not really an expert on denim but can anyone tell me if they will fade or not??? i soaked them but they didnt lose any color...

Dope jeans Landy! Man, with the puma collab, and the pics of worn-in japanese evisu that guy posted in the "before and after" denim thread, I think evisu will be making a comeback. And a lot of the hating will end on Evisu. But we can all still hate on evisu EU, haha!

the rigids will fade depending on how you care for them. say you wash em in hot water and dry them enough theyll fade. id say go with the worn ins. you seen how they look above. and if you get girl jeans make sure you dont put them in the dryer EVER. they have a small percentage of lycra (i think 2 or 4 percent) and this will break down the material if you put em in the dryer. but i know its always safer to hang dry your clothes if you wanna preserve and maintain color and quality. i got womens worn in long and skinny 30x30 and they fit very nicely. similar to the first picture on this thread. ooh and by the way. try to get these evisu x puma jeans soon because theyll be kickin up the price around june. thats what im hearing. soo get em while theyre 180 because theyll be goin for aroune 250+ into summer.

i didn't know evisu even went away. i do think the brand was over-exposed though after various rappers began shouting out the label. this inadvertently caused the label to be adopted by probably the most consumer-oriented, trend-fixated hip-hop heads. people began buying the jeans, not for the quality and craftsmanship, but for the name and status. of course when some things get overexposed, a lot of people have a tendency to deem this or that as "played out". whether or not evisu is played or not, i'll continue to buy their product as long as the quality is still there (which is kinda debatable now). the evisu x puma jeans are definitely not to par with even current selvedge models. but yeh, i stay away from evisu eu lol.

Quote:

i ordered a pair of rigid evisu x puma.

they havent arrived yet but do the bleed alot?

Almost only have white sneakers and i dont wanna f*** up another pair of sneakers with unwashed denim.

--- Original message by mannen on May 5, 2006 05:43 AM

my rigids havent bleed anything yet...

im starting to think that they wont even fade...

Quote:

^ how long you been wearing them?

Edited by Landy on May 5, 2006 at 12:31 PM

--- Original message by Landy on May 5, 2006 12:27 PM

i dont wear them too much...

but i did a hot water soak...they didnt bleed at all and they didnt shrink

Got my regular rigids in the mail 2 days ago, probably my new favorite jeans. I like the fit better than the regular ralf, lower rise, but aside from that they're very similar in the leg.

Nothing makes me happier than when people come up and demand to know where I got my jeans.

Hi,

The evisu denim will only shrink 0.5 inches

Its suggest by Evisu to try not to wash your jeans alot. Check out this post for more info: http://www.pumatalk.com/viewtopic.29.html

INDIGO, UNWASHED DENIM

In a warm/hot wash:

The waist will shrink 1 inch.

The length will shrink up to 2 inches.

The indigo dye will run and eventually fade with every wash.

PRE-WASHED DENIM AND ALL EVISU EUROPEAN EDITION JEANS In a warm/hot wash:

The waist will shrink up to 0.5 inches.

The length will shrink up to 0.5 inches.

The dye will slowly fade in a hot or cold wash.

While Evisu uses a variety of denim throughout each collection, the vintage Indigo and unwashed denim is the most traditional , and these tips will ensure their longevity.

WASH YOUR JEANS FIRST

When you buy your jeans in the shop, there will be starch on the denim, making it feel very hard. Turn your jeans inside out and wash them in cold or luke-warm water. This will get rid of the starch in/on the denim and (in the case of non-shrunk denim) cause it to shrink so that you can cut the length. Your jeans will shrink even more if you use a dryer.

CUTTING THE LENGTH

If you wish to cut your jeans to length, do so AFTER washing and drying them. A good tailor or jeans shop will cut and sew them to length for you. Mr. Matsukura suggests the following style: “Just little gap between floor an socks. When you wear shoes it will be just right. If it is too long, damage fabric easilyâ€. You can also choose to turn the jeans up – showing off your marvelous selvedge.

TO WASH – OR NOT TO WASH

Many people choose not to wash their denim – fearing it will damage the fabric – even when they are quite dirty. Mr. Matsukara, a shop manager in Japan, advises you to “buy few pairs of Evisu jeans and wash sometimesâ€.

Joey Dee pumaavatar.gif

PumaTalk[/red].com"]www.PumaTalk.com: Talk about you Puma shoes & Puma Gear

Hi Akura,

Sorry I haven't responded any earlier,

The Diesel denim is a little more fitted than the Evisu, by maybe a couple 0. inches

I say this because I own alot of Diesel Denim jeans, I believe the only time it would make a a bit but not much a difference is if you are used to denims such as Deisel Kate & Diesel Rapho.

Look at this link: http://forums.livingwithstyle.com/archive/index.php/heartworms-guide-denim-t265857p1.html

This link, states Evisu, Nudie & Diesel as pretty much the same denim fit.

But relatively they would fit the same, if you could paste a link where you will buy these denims so I can have a better look.

All the best,

Joey Dee

Hi Akura,

Sorry I haven't responded any earlier,

The Diesel denim is a little more fitted than the Evisu, by maybe a couple 0. inches

I say this because I own alot of Diesel Denim jeans, I believe the only time it would make a a bit but not much a difference is if you are used to denims such as Deisel Kate & Diesel Rapho.

Look at this link: http://forums.livingwithstyle.com/archive/index.php/heartworms-guide-denim-t265857p1.html

This link, states Evisu, Nudie & Diesel as pretty much the same denim fit.

But relatively they would fit the same, if you could paste a link where you will buy these denims so I can have a better look.

All the best,

Joey Dee

i just got mine evisu x puma carrot ..... good fit a little short maybe...cant wash them but i dont intend to do so...they dont shrink if i dryclean them right?

tough i have not found out how the hell i change the zipper thing...tried oulling the metal thing back with a small sicor but it was to big so i couldnt get the puma thing out...what should i use?

http://freerolls.kudos.se how to win cash in poker without risking a dollar

Quote:

whats wrong with EU ed.? icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

--- Original message by mike lowrey on May 10, 2006 01:56 AM

EU ED vary from the japanese evisus in materials and quality of production. many see this as a great divergence from evisu's original denim philosophy.

mannen, they shouldn't shrink if you dry clean em. dunno how to tell you how to change the zipper tho.

evisu1.jpg

grabbed a pair of the women's skinny worn-in (28x30). tried on the rigid wash and wasn't too keen on them. they fit awesome now, just wonder how much they will stretch. i thought i was going to have to take a 26 because i'm a 27 in most other brands but damn these run tight.

two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Quote:

are they comfortable? dont they fit a bit tight? i mean what about when u sit down... mm i personally like my jeans more of a regular fit. More room around the crotch.

--- Original message by greentea_v2 on May 12, 2006 11:35 PM

what about when i sit down? they contour with my body like any garment should. its not rocket science man.

two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

they look like women's jeans on.

i dont mean to be personal, but that can not be comfortable for your "crotch" area shall we say. We all know even a normal fit 501 can be a bit of a nut cruncher at times, unless you have sized up.

why anyone would want to feel their privates trapped and squashed for the sake of fashion is amazing to me.

Since I don't wear boxer, I have no problem with tight jeans. They are acceptable but I want to spend my buck on something more special. So I didn't buy it. May I say it feel resticted but in a good way, like something huging your leg.... haha, plz don't laugh lol

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

Hi,

The evisu denim will only shrink 0.5 inches

Its suggest by Evisu to try not to wash your jeans alot. Check out this post for more info: http://www.pumatalk.com/viewtopic.29.html

INDIGO, UNWASHED DENIM

In a warm/hot wash:

The waist will shrink 1 inch.

The length will shrink up to 2 inches.

The indigo dye will run and eventually fade with every wash.

PRE-WASHED DENIM AND ALL EVISU EUROPEAN EDITION JEANS In a warm/hot wash:

The waist will shrink up to 0.5 inches.

The length will shrink up to 0.5 inches.

The dye will slowly fade in a hot or cold wash.

While Evisu uses a variety of denim throughout each collection, the vintage Indigo and unwashed denim is the most traditional , and these tips will ensure their longevity.

WASH YOUR JEANS FIRST

When you buy your jeans in the shop, there will be starch on the denim, making it feel very hard. Turn your jeans inside out and wash them in cold or luke-warm water. This will get rid of the starch in/on the denim and (in the case of non-shrunk denim) cause it to shrink so that you can cut the length. Your jeans will shrink even more if you use a dryer.

CUTTING THE LENGTH

If you wish to cut your jeans to length, do so AFTER washing and drying them. A good tailor or jeans shop will cut and sew them to length for you. Mr. Matsukura suggests the following style: “Just little gap between floor an socks. When you wear shoes it will be just right. If it is too long, damage fabric easilyâ€. You can also choose to turn the jeans up – showing off your marvelous selvedge.

TO WASH – OR NOT TO WASH

Many people choose not to wash their denim – fearing it will damage the fabric – even when they are quite dirty. Mr. Matsukara, a shop manager in Japan, advises you to “buy few pairs of Evisu jeans and wash sometimesâ€.

Joey Dee pumaavatar.gif

--- Original message by PumaTalk on May 7, 2006 04:00 PM

Hi PumaTalk !

I am planning to get a pair of men's regular fit rigid

There is only 34"L available on the store

if I put them in to the dryer

would it shrink more than 2" ?

brokenboards I'm wanting to get the same size you got the 28x30 and was wondering if you could tell me the measurements of the jean's waist laying flat and the rise if possible? Puma has a very strict returning policy and so i'd just like to get a pair that fits right without the hassle.