A Single Man. Directed by Tom Ford

thorough

Deserves it own thread.

the styling was great, but the movie was excellent.

no homo. julianne moore never looked so hot and i can believe i am saying that.

She looked great but mostly batshit crazy. I can't get over how ugly the huge, beehive, female hairstyles of this era are.

I don't remember what the students name was but he had on this ivory colored sweater that was the boooooomb. Looked so lux and touchable. Also interesting to see Ozzymandias from Watchmen as openly gay considering his implied backstory.

^your not getting it mixed up with "a serious man" are you? "a single man" is still in theatres in the states. Both took place in the 60's. A serious man was very slow in the beginning. i don't think the start of this one was boring at all.

that sweater was great. that denim fit looked so good also(pic above) cant be levis without tailoring though. they look a bit to slim at the bottom.

one thing that bothered me about the movie was the lack of realism. Everyone was dressed to the max even though most of the locations were at a college. Also everyone looked like models, even the extras. a few ugly ducklings would of made it seem less like a fashion commercial and more like a movie.

It's good. Better than I thought, and better than people are even giving it credit for when they start their reviews with "it was better than I thought..."

The majority opinion seems to be "looks great, substance was lacking." Even though it's meant as a compliment, this is off-base and I think has a lot to do with the fact that no one is taking Tom Ford seriously as a director yet, even though they think that they are -- sort of a "Colin Powell speaks so well" phenomenon.