Sign in to follow this  
martynyarrow

visvim s/s10

Wow, Visvim is probably my favorite brand but that shit is ridiculous. I could understand if they were cordovan, and at that it would still be crazy, but for cowhide...

lol cordovan would be immediately over 100k yen without a doubt

and soxfan, i would say the canvas logan los are not worth it. i know its all about hidden functionality or whatever but you can buy so many pairs of vans authentics for those.

patrician folk is still the only shoe that stands out to me. maybe its just cause the SAs at FIL looked so steezy. otherwise, id just buy some alden/c+j/churchs/trickers for the price of captoes. at least then theyll have replaceable soles and goodyear construction.

Now I don't have any of the visvim books after s/s 09 but at least before then almost all the shoes were made with a goodyear welt... its really all about preference... so if you feel more attracte to the logans than the vans (lord knows id kill for some od those horween chromexcel logans) then buy them. Same goes with anything. If you develop a personal connection with the item and love it then that's all that matters. Not how much it costs or where its made but the personal choice when it comes to your selection.

That beiing said I'm now ascouring yahoo.jp for the brown captoes in an 11

Jesus Christ, do some of yall need some one to hold your hand when purchasing visvim? if you want it, it doesn't matter the cost.

i assume that belt is only meant to "look" like bonafide shell

always thought there wasn't enough shell to make something as long as a belt

for 500 though i can always dream

I love Viz but there's no way in hell I'd spend 5 bills on a belt.

As far as pricing, I guess it's no issue if you can afford it.

Can anyone speak on the quality/performance of the Virgils? Does it hold up well in bad weather? I'd love to see a well worn pair. Is it worth it? Dunno how I'd feel fucking up a pair of $800 boots.

I have worn my 7-hole 73 folks every day since I got them. The leather holds up well. Any wear has been a nice cosmetic addition. Like all Vis shoes, with wear the virginal white parts of the shoe becomes discolored. I use the side entry zippers daily as well, they were stiff when new, but now they work with less friction. Bottom line they seem like they will age well, but not amazingly. They will not be boots that in two years the wear will add anything to the shoe. I may be wrong but that's my initial impressions.

still a great boot to wear daily with jeans etc. Also I plan to wear everything I buy alot, I do not buy to collect.

I plan to buy some dress boots, and I will wear the shit out of some 2K plus CCP or VA cordovan boots.

D.

Maaaaaaaan I wanna fuck those patrician folks. I'm just going to have to settle wit me buckminsters.

pics from the old thread in superfashion:

Visvim%20SS10%208.jpg

Visvim%20SS10%2015.jpg

Visvim%20SS10%2014.jpg

Visvim%20SS10%2011.jpg

Love how they keep improving the shape of the FBT

Visvim%20SS10%206.jpg

Visvim%20SS10%205.jpg

Visvim%20SS10%201.jpg

Logan Lo's aren't that great irl - was at FIL yesterday and pretty much changed my mind as soon as I saw them. Patricians look superb, the staff were wearing them and were tempting me, thankfully they didn't have my size.

Nothing else really caught my attention though, prices are high but on some items I can understand why.

No fluxus :( Didn't like the new denim that was released last weekend. Shame but i'm more than happy with what I bought :P;)

^ looks like another expensive and glossy pair of vans

a REALLY expensive pair of vans.

BTW my ISDT boots from last season are starting to fall apart at the soles after about a dozen or so wears. i know i can get them fixed but it pisses me off.

could somone fill me on on how the foley looks like a pair of vans?its clearly based on the stan smith

they're probably thinking of the vans prison issues. sort of looks like a hybrid of that and the stan smith i guess.

yeah i mean, i agree with you but thats the reference people are seeing.

playahater, how much are Fluxus jeans at FIL stores?

Damaged ones were ¥40,950 and the Carpenter ones were just over ¥43k.

erm, velcro stan smiths were about town long before prison issues..

image1xl.jpg

still though, can't get it through my boat why folk still manage to get hung up over visvim's reappropriations..