lee 1944 and 1946 101 jackets raw

sbrguy

ok i have a question i've seen that aero leather has some of these jackets unwashed.

from the pictures they look like a lighter denim.

anyone have these in real life, are they as dark as the lvc 47 demin unwashed?

in other words will they match in color.

also the sizing with these jackets are they sanforized? and how do they fit?

thanks.

Can't remember the jacket in the flesh, but the pants are a dark denim with a greenish tint that if anything is darker than LVC. THe Euro-reissue jacket was an excellent finish, and I'm certain the Edwin-made 101J will be the same - I think it's the same denim - and will match well with LVC.

The 101J is the classic denim jacket - Levi's 557 trucker jacket was heavily influenced by it. It's an excellent piece. But all the Edwin-made Lee reissues are excellent.

Check w Aero re Sanforizing, as there is some inconsistency from model to model. I would try and get a guarantee of whether they're Sanforized directly from them in an email, just in case there's any problem later.

I do know that some of the Euro models were supposed to be Sanrofrized but still shrank, but I THINK that in this case they were made oversized to compensate- so in most cases if you go for the tag size they are more reliable than LVC. But as I say, check w Aeroleather.

Let us know how you get on & post some pix!

Edited by Paul T on Mar 13, 2006 at 10:30 AM

paul t,

i emailed the aero people, they said that the 101j 44 jacket slightly lighter in color than the levis 47 jeans. since you have lee products in general are they a little lighter in color than the levis deadstock?

obviously with some wear and washing with both products, eventually they will turn out both a faded blue that will barely be noticeable, and not sure if i would ever want themt o totally match perfectly.

does the 101j 44 jacket have a cinch waist or waist tabs on it?

and yes i did notice that the 46jacket is a sharper look to it, very similar to the levis jackets.

If the Lee denim is initally slightly lighter, i suspect it will hold its colour better than the Levi's with Cone denim, particularly as you'll ultimately wash your jeans more than your jackets. I do prefer the look of the Lee denim to LVC, they do fade more nicely and mroe like a genuine vintage item, if you look at my jeans posted on here. Levi's pants and Lee jacket is a classic conbination.

The 46 has waist tags, I think the 44 does too, no cinch.

Edited by Paul T on Mar 14, 2006 at 07:39 AM

Hi there again,

Yes the '44 is a bit roomier than the '46 one.

The '46 one is more slimmer overal.

And no it didn't shrink after washing , not much , to my opinion.

I send a nice picture with this of the back of the '46 one , hope you like it,i know i do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4838/lee101j1946back9fj.jpg

the only thing i'm not sure of is which one to get, the 44 they have is with white line selvage, and the 46 is not.

but like you said the 46 is a little slimmer and for me its a little shorter of a jacket which is good. but i'm not sure bc the 44 is a pretty cool looking jacket in its own right even though its a bit roomier not sure if i wan thtat.