Nom de Guerre S/S 10

mellowfellow

Little more experimental than their past few collections, looks like everyone's going a little camo crazy this spring. Jump pants in particular look pretty interesting, dig the knickers too.

Wing collar is a bizarre choice on that guyabera.

pretty cool.

in france, dressing up like that reminds of the algerian war...

french vs fellaghas.

everybody was dressed like that.

tbh, if you read their 'aesthetic explanation' at the end of the lookbook, I think they take a lot of inspiration from the algerian conflict, so ymmv.

I don't really hate the collection, I just think their military influences are overwhelming the wearability of their clothes, even as individual pieces. I love NdG's tactical aesthetic, and this seems like a natural extension, but I am truthfully a little alienated. (but will find 40-50% off hopefully)

what is it, 4 bad seasons in a row now?

I don't think I'd really go that far. You can debate the prices, quality, etc...but design-wise, they do military/minimalist pretty well, up to and including the last four seasons. That being said one is totally off the wall, styling and design.

"Where do just ideas come from?

...from the class struggle."

Die you cunts.

^ yeah what the fuck

how hypocritical can you get?

i think sufu can agree that NdG has its collective head up its collective ass this season.

hopefully our attitude is shared by the general public, and the punch to the wallet will "force them to reconsider their aesthetic understandings and leanings" or something like that

"Where do just ideas come from?

...from the class struggle."

Die you cunts.

further...

"I want to point out that the Arab people also exist. By that I mean they aren't the wretched, faceless mob in which Westerners see nothing worth respecting and defending."

Nothing like a little gross generalization to back up your critique of gross generalizations.

I think would like NdG a whole lot more if they actually just loved war because they think war is awesome and Patton kicked ass and America rocked in the 40s and they like guns and explosions and the army and planes and bombs.

further...

"I want to point out that the Arab people also exist. By that I mean they aren't the wretched, faceless mob in which Westerners see nothing worth respecting and defending."

Nothing like a little gross generalization to back up your critique of gross generalizations.

yo take it up with camus, since he's the one who said it. and i'd say it's a fairly accurate and apt quotation myself.

as far as the collection goes, though, the outerwear is the only thing that strikes me as being decent.

further...

I think would like NdG a whole lot more if they actually just loved war because they think war is awesome and Patton kicked ass and America rocked in the 40s and they like guns and explosions and the army and planes and bombs.

Yes, I would also like them if they didn't try to put some psuedo-insightful spin on their work justifying their aesthetic. They they may or may not really give a shit about arabs (it certainly doesn't sound like they know much about them) but the damn models are south americans!!!!!!!!

I actually like a lot of the collection. I might not wear a bunch of it, but it's well done. That said, in response to XY's comment about it causing NDG to change their ways. The company has done some restructuring, so prices are actually supposed to be 20-30% less this spring and I think they took a bit loss on wholesale accounts after seeing the SS10 collection last summer - I wouldn't expect to see a lot of the more out there pieces making anywhere near production.

As well, it will be interesting to see how the FW10 collection looks after these changes.