Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're raw. That's why im concerned. I remeasured the waist and got about 32.5.. I'm pretty sure that's as accurate as possible. I'll post a pic tonight. what do you think? It's supposed to shrink to tagged size. Can i really expect only a half inch?

how did you measure the jeans? same method as BiG? did you measure your waist where you wear the jeans?

They wil be painful for a while by the sound of it. Personally I don't size down that much so I cant say if they will be ok or not.

how did you measure the jeans? same method as BiG? did you measure your waist where you wear the jeans?

They wil be painful for a while by the sound of it. Personally I don't size down that much so I cant say if they will be ok or not.

I don't either. I sized down one. That's not the problem though. The problem is that they measure a half inch larger than tagged. I measured them just like BIG measures them. With front and back edges lined up . Judging by the fact that people's samurai's tend to be shrinking a quarter inch in the legs, I'll be fine throughout the legs. It's just the waist im worried about. I'm not sure how much it's going to shrink

All the Sam's I own were like that...when I got them raw they 'fit'...I could button them up, but they weren't loose. After I washed them, I was unable to button up the top two buttons at first, but they stretched out nicely. I wouldn't worry about it.

I sized down 1 on both btw.

Thanks Gimme gimme. I know i've been paranoid lately and have flooded with questions. Let me ask you, what was your first soak/wash experience then? I'm not sure how long and which way to wash them right now. Especially how long. Can i expect as much shrinkage in a wash (I remember you saying it is the new soaking) as I could get in a 2 hr hot soak?

does the denim in the sam jean jackets stretch out much?

off hand I don't really know but I wouldn't think so because your not really putting as much stress on it as you are on your waist.

Thanks Gimme gimme. I know i've been paranoid lately and have flooded with questions. Let me ask you, what was your first soak/wash experience then? I'm not sure how long and which way to wash them right now. Especially how long. Can i expect as much shrinkage in a wash (I remember you saying it is the new soaking) as I could get in a 2 hr hot soak?

Hot wash and hot soak will be comparable, but you'll get more shrinkage if you put it in the dryer. I got a pair used, so they were already soaked a couple times, but I washed and hot-dried again anyway just to get all the shrinkage out. I sized down one and it was tight when they first got out, but after a week or so they fit perfect, and now I'm a couple months deep and they are getting a tiny bit loose on the waist.

Hot wash and hot soak will be comparable, but you'll get more shrinkage if you put it in the dryer. I got a pair used, so they were already soaked a couple times, but I washed and hot-dried again anyway just to get all the shrinkage out. I sized down one and it was tight when they first got out, but after a week or so they fit perfect, and now I'm a couple months deep and they are getting a tiny bit loose on the waist.

What kind are they? 710?

I know your nervous, but trust me there is nothing to worry about If you hot wash, or hot wash and hot dry. In the end there gonna stretch out somewhat and fit perfect. I would soak for an hour in hot water inside out then throw them in the hot wash and hang dry for an hour then finish them off in the dryer on a gentle cycle.

Well im just hot washing right now. They're in the wash. And you're right, I am terrified. Can I expect the area below the pockets to shrink much in width? It seems so reinforced I can't see that specific part shrinking as much as the legs and waist even though I guess it is classified as being part of the legs

edit - I missed rome's response...do what he said. ;)