Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

yeah. i was gonna say, these jeans are dope and they fit so loose pre-shrink that i have to size down. I may try using the shrink method above. Never will pull off the 19" jeans look and don't want to, just looking for the styles that look good for six footers like me too.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i know is that I had ordered a 30 then gordon suggest i get a 32 after he measured this batch....

I'm not sure if that'll be necessary. I'm wearing 32's, what i normally wear. It is tight in the waist but the seat has stretched out since last night (first night wearing them).

I actually measured the knee, thigh, and hem to be the same as the last batch's size 32. The waist however, after having measured twice, was around 31.5. I went ahead and watshed em and could only button two buttons up first. An hour later I had all 5 up, tight as hell though. It left marks on my hips. I dont want to think about the next time i wash these, but I feel these are stretching to the point that they will fit like a glove.

I'm using a proxy to get the jeans, and was wondering exactly with the sizes, a few weeks ago people were saying size down 1, is it still size down one? I wear 34" dukes, and was planning on getting 33" 710's, since they will strech...hmm

I'm using a proxy to get the jeans, and was wondering exactly with the sizes, a few weeks ago people were saying size down 1, is it still size down one? I wear 34" dukes, and was planning on getting 33" 710's, since they will strech...hmm

i'd say 34 or even a 35. the 710s were much tighter than my dukes before a wash in the same size. i'm not worried about making mine work but if i had known the new batch was smaller i'd have ordered up 1.

i'd say 34 or even a 35. the 710s were much tighter than my dukes before a wash in the same size. i'm not worried about making mine work but if i had known the new batch was smaller i'd have ordered up 1.

He's getting them through a proxy though, no idea if sizing is the same on where-ever he orders them from.

I received mine through a proxy, normally wear a 32 in raw skull 5010XX, sized down 1 to a 31 and although I can get the top button done, just, this is before soakage...

Bit worried about soakage, as theres mixed messages on the board as regards stretching, anybody clarify how much they'll stretch back out and how much I''ll lose?? I may just go the unwashed route as I'm pretty happy with the fit, did that with my skulls for a year, couple of airings and dry-cleaning... Anybody have experience of doing it this way?

I received mine through a proxy, normally wear a 32 in raw skull 5010XX, sized down 1 to a 31 and although I can get the top button done, just, this is before soakage...

Bit worried about soakage, as theres mixed messages on the board as regards stretching, anybody clarify how much they'll stretch back out and how much I''ll lose?? I may just go the unwashed route as I'm pretty happy with the fit, did that with my skulls for a year, couple of airings and dry-cleaning... Anybody have experience of doing it this way?

youll be fine. wash wash wash.

I wear a 34 in Dukes and wear a 33 in 710s. Though this is lot 9, and if the rumours of them being smaller for the current run is true, I'd say get the same size or even one size up. The 33 was as tight as anything when I first got them. Took me about half a day to button up to the top. Stretched out over the week to a good fit.

this thread is boring as fuck lately.

What size do I get from Japan or proxy that will allow me the proper shrinkage with arcs and tabs? Can I soak my jeans in the rice cooker? I just don't want to lose any indigo. And I need arcs and tabs.

Does Samurai make red denim with arcs and tabs for the U.S.?

^^When there done in the rice cooker bring um by my place and I'll set the combs in my deep fryer. It'll turn the arcs and tabs a nice rich dark color!

fooo shhure!

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiight b...I just need my tabs and arcs and arcs and tabs. Yo I'm going to hire a mule to swallow and trans-po that pair of Sammies across all borders back to my hands so I can get arcs and tabs. I think the internal fluids will do a sick pre-soak and fade job and have an ill effect on the leather patch...with no MAJOR indigo loss.

...Then it's off to the rice cooker and then your deep fryer. I can't wait to fade my arcs and tabs...I may even have to wear 'em while doing all of this.

I have the S510XX AI-N and it has been my project the past 2 months. True to what Samurai said about them, the natural indigo fades like synthetic and I've been notcing contrasts already. Not a lot though but looks very promising enough for me to pursue it being my main project. The fit is wonderful.