Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

gimmegimme, thanks for replying to my post earlier about the jins. They arrived today, I washed and dried them, freaked out about excessive shrinkage but then pulled on the hems and they turned out ok. Went for a walk in town while they were still wet. Here's a crappy pic to show what the fit's like (you guys know what the details look like on new samurais anyway) I'm quite satisfied!

http://imageuploadr.com/show.php?image=458031001192605137

They look perfect!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 510's are a 36. Like I said though, I'm leaning strongly towards a 38. I'm thinking if they're a little big I can just use the cinch back to tighten the waist a little.

Yeah, I'd get the OSX. I might like a bit more stacking on these, so I'm thinking maybe a 31.5.

Sorry, but what detail? Are you saying the final version wont have the red pockets?

Seems like most of us thus far as going true-to-size...so get a 38 if that's what you're comfortable with. 5000 cut is also slimmer than your 510's...so a size larger on a 5000 cut may prove to fit similar.

Just looking through the fit thread, and 5000VXs look like they're the perfect (as my opinion stands at the moment)

ARGH, why can't I decide. I can normally pick like that, but with these, I'm really struggling. If the thighs on the 5000s at 30" were a bit bigger, I'd probably get them, but at the measurements up on 2nd, my thighs wouldn't be too comfortable. Unless they stretch like a 2cm or so (for that little bit of leway)

I find the Jin's (s0110xj) to be a very similar fit to the 5000's, but with a little extra room, and a slightly higher rise. Maybe they would suit what you're looking for?

I find the Jin's (s0110xj) to be a very similar fit to the 5000's, but with a little extra room, and a slightly higher rise. Maybe they would suit what you're looking for?

Wisely spoken..yes..Plus - not too many Jins around ...and amazing 17oz left hand denim...:D

Soaked my S5000CX last night and I have to say I love the fit on these jeans. The color is really unique and unlike my S5000VX, the denim is so smooth that they're actually quite comfrotable from the outset... For anyone who's interested, they stretch just as much as the VX denim; these were hard to button at first and within a single day they're already comfortable. By the end of a couple of weeks I think I'll need a belt.

Soaked my S5000CX last night and I have to say I love the fit on these jeans. The color is really unique and unlike my S5000VX, the denim is so smooth that they're actually quite comfrotable from the outset... For anyone who's interested, they stretch just as much as the VX denim; these were hard to button at first and within a single day they're already comfortable. By the end of a couple of weeks I think I'll need a belt.

Interesting to see so many people jumping on these now...I'm jealous. :(

Perhaps they are. I'll give them a look :) Even if I do get the Sams, if I like the Jins enough, I'll probably add them to my 'to buy' list.

Seems like most of us thus far as going true-to-size...so get a 38 if that's what you're comfortable with. 5000 cut is also slimmer than your 510's...so a size larger on a 5000 cut may prove to fit similar.

i tried on a a pair 5000 in a size 30 and it was pretty roomy so I sized down to a 29 on the Big model.

I know 19 oz denim is referring to 19 oz per square yard of fabric used. So is there anywhere that can tell us how much certain jeans weigh? I want to know for the 710's precisely so I can calculate postage for people outside of the country. I hope there is away around having to go to the post office and having them weigh it.

I know 19 oz denim is referring to 19 oz per square yard of fabric used. So is there anywhere that can tell us how much certain jeans weigh? I want to know for the 710's precisely so I can calculate postage for people outside of the country. I hope there is away around having to go to the post office and having them weigh it.

Don't think that's possible...if it helps though...my 5000's weigh around 860 grams (I have a kitchen scale...I know...weird).

So, I was reading through the Samurai S5000 owners thread and I saw that Mizination wore 31" Canes and said that 30" 5000s were too tight, and seeing as they have quite a low rise, Also, with a little bit more in regards to thigh room, I think that should be good. My only hope is that they won't stretch beyond 33", otherwise I'll be needing a belt.

I'm getting closer to a decision now, which is progress :D

i'm about 5'7 ish and am wondering if the s0500xx look alright super stacked since it does have a mini taper?

The taper is very minimal, I barely noticed mine at all. I didn't like the way it stacked for me and I'm 5'10" because its fairly straight legged.

Stacking looks better with more of a taper....if that's the look you're going for, I would get the 710's.

Thanks billiam and I'm not sure if I can pull it off gimmegimme, my thighs are about 23 inches from just sitting here for a few hours infront of the lappy and my waist is about 31.5 inches and I plan on losing some mass off the stomach very soon. Unless the thighs on the 710 stretch a lot (I don't want to have them tight), I think it might be too annoying and weird.....

btw, do the thighs stretch on the 710's?

Thanks billiam and I'm not sure if I can pull it off gimmegimme, my thighs are about 23 inches from just sitting here for a few hours infront of the lappy and my waist is about 31.5 inches and I plan on losing some mass off the stomach very soon. Unless the thighs on the 710 stretch a lot (I don't want to have them tight), I think it might be too annoying and weird.....

btw, do the thighs stretch on the 710's?

Almost all the Sam cuts have narrow thighs unfortunately.

Thanks anyway, I just wanted a pair of samurais before they took away the arcs and tabs. Been comparing the measurements on 2nd to jeans I have now. Thought the best for me were them s0500xx in a size 31 and I like the way they look on poly and cheep. Something ideal would be like close to (layed flat) 30cm thigh, 14.5 inches waist and about 20cm hem. I've got a weird ass body shape.......

Thanks anyway, I just wanted a pair of samurais before they took away the arcs and tabs. Been comparing the measurements on 2nd to jeans I have now. Thought the best for me were them s0500xx in a size 31 and I like the way they look on poly and cheep. Something ideal would be like close to (layed flat) 30cm thigh, 14.5 inches waist and about 20cm hem. I've got a weird ass body shape.......

Well...0500 and 710 are the only models with a leg taper...if that helps narrow things down. If you want something a little less fitted, the 5000 is the next model in line, then the Jin's (arcs will remain on these), and then the 510, which most overlook due to the use of the word "relaxed"...which isn't quite accurate. Do you have any other jeans that you like the cut of?

Yea, SDA 103. Got a size 31, 45 min midly warm soak, wore when they were still just a bit damp and now they are more relaxed than they were raw. Definitely don't want the thighs to be tighter than those are now though. Also the legs of my 31 waist nudie masas fit nearly perfect but their waist is ridiculously big on me. All others are too tight in the legs with the exception of SC40200 but i really don't like the asses on them.