Exotic Honeymoon Ideas

Miles

Experienced Fellas (and Ladies):

I'm currently trying to plan a honeymoon for my future-wife and I. Late June, early July. Two weeks.

What do we want? Ideally a mix of everything. I don't want to spend two straight weeks on a beach, so I'm hoping for a mix of countryside, city, and beach. Probably two out of the three. Willing to travel to multiple locales if they're relatively close by.

Who are we? Two hard-working, reasonably well-traveled Brooklyn-ites who travel fairly luxuriously. Nothing ridiculous -- I don't run a hedge fund. More 4-star than 5-star, though I imagine we'll want to spend a few nights in 5-star accomodations during the honeymoon.

Things we've ruled out: basically anything in the Western Hemisphere. And probably Europe, though not definitely. We're looking to go someplace we haven't been.

Ideas currently on the table:

- Bora-Bora: seems kind of obvious to me, but whatever.

- Japan: rent a condo in the countryside, spend some time in the city

- Thailand: same

- Maldives: don't know much, but have heard good things

Anyway, I'm really looking for advice from anyone who's been through this and had an incredible experience worth sharing. Thank you in advance.

a mix of countryside, city, and beach

croatia has all of the above - zagreb (with my favourite bar in eastern europe possibly), the mountainous istrian regions (with a diverse wine- and liquor-making tradition), mediterranean coastline from zadar to split down to dubrovnik that is beautiful in summer. great food all the way, and trains/planes/buses crossing the country easily.

posting this on superfuture is potentially both dangerous and rewarding... :confused: