about a brand called Jean Shop

windowpane

I like these jeans the more and more that I wear them. I find it hilarious that people would pay extra for a washed pair. I know the time and effort that goes into them cost money, but damn.

Quote:

I saw these at TNT Blu in Toronto yesterday. They look good.

The "destroyed" (or whatever) wash was $795. I couldn't help but laugh.

--- Original message by minya on Jun 4, 2006 11:38 AM

I can not fathom the price of $700+ for jeans? It's pure insanity In my opinion.

Quote: I can not fathom the price of $700+ for jeans? It's pure insanity In my opinion.
Exactly.. it makes no sense.

Hand-made hand-dyed natural indigo 45RPMs for $750 are one thing; distressed Jean Shop jeans for $800 are another... seriously, who's gonna buy those?? *boggle*

I couldn't agree more. I really liked my jean shops. Only problem was that I downsided from a 34 to a 33 and then they stretched to a 36. Anyway, I was able to return them and now have a 31s that don't get to much wear. I also busted a button the second day with the new pair and they fixed that right up at the shop. I wish I exchanged the pair that stretched for one of their trucker jackets.

The denim is run of the mill, but the fit worked, I liked having some drys, and they wore in really well. Just wish they had bronze hardware.

I think a pair jean shops is worth the extra hundred over a pair of apcs.

I have mixed feelings about them. I really like the design of the jeans and the store (and the girl that works there). But I still feel like maybe it's worth $40-60 more than APCs. Not a hundy. At that range, I'd rather go for serious slubby Japanese jeans.

Quote:

I have mixed feelings about them. I really like the design of the jeans and the store (and the girl that works there). But I still feel like maybe it's worth $40-60 more than APCs. Not a hundy. At that range, I'd rather go for serious slubby Japanese jeans.

--- Original message by Chicken on Jun 4, 2006 05:20 PM

Chicken,

You're right, the jeans are not worth a $100 bucks more then APCs. That was an overstatement and your suggestion that they are worth $40-60 dollars more is better. I guess it hasn't sunk in that $280 buys you Oni Veg or S5000Vxs in NYC now ... its crazy.

At the same time, I still like their $280 jean jackets, since its hard to find a raw jacket in the US.

I'd love to pick up a belt from Jean Shop.

Vintage brass buckle on brown leather. I called up the store to order but the guy mentioned that its a pain in the ass to ship to Thailand with customs, etc. He was definitley not receptive to the idea. Now, I'm kicking myself in the ass for not picking one up in NYC a few months ago.

Anyone coming out to Asia from NYC anytime soon???

Quote:

Chicken,

You're right, the jeans are not worth a $100 bucks more then APCs. That was an overstatement and your suggestion that they are worth $40-60 dollars more is better. I guess it hasn't sunk in that $280 buys you Oni Veg or S5000Vxs in NYC now ... its crazy.

At the same time, I still like their $280 jean jackets, since its hard to find a raw jacket in the US.

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping they're going to lower their price at some point. Because no doubt their stuff are cool, otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

I kinda like it. For how much they got now. I wish they had pictures of their clothes, jeans, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen them go on ebay, slightly used, for like $50. I don't think many people know what they are selling. Also, I saw a Jean Shop leather messenger bag. The thing was bad ass, but for $500 I would rather buy something else.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have been wearing my Classics everyday at work since October and they are looking quite good. I think that the denim quality is more than a class above APC. If you look in the worn jeans section there is a pair that look great! They have ecru weft and WAY more dips than APC. But I think for $260 they should have better quality rivets ( I have seen some with nice rivets) and belt loop bartacks that are more like pre 1975 Levis. The selvage in the fly is a nice touch but totally unnecessary. I did have a 1-off pair of distressed LVC 1937 201XX that had selvage in the fly once though.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping up an old thread. I'm considering getting one of their levis 3rd-type denim jackets with two front pockets. Any idea on the quality of the jacket, or how the fit/sizing run? I found them at some online store which never respond to questions. Any input is appreciated!

here is a picture of the jacket I pulled up for reference.

http://www.honeyee.com/news/2005/fashion/017/index.html

Guest StuckOnStupid

i looked at the title of the thread and immediately decided to start a letter writing campaign to make Jean Shop change their name to "A Brand Called Jean Shop", like "A Tribe Called Quest".

I went to Rolo in SF today and noticed they are carrying Jean Shop. They also had black work pants, what I would call dickies. Selvage dickies, lol.

jeanshopdickies.jpg

Anyway, the Jean Shop denim was a little unsatisfying. I swear the actual fabric looks just like the Gap Morrison except with orange selvage instead of rainbow or blue. the weight seemed the same. I would bet money its made on the same looms. The cut was good, but they are massively oversized in the waist. They appeared to have been rinsed already but the sales dude had no clue what he was talking about. He suggested I get my true size "because they stretch" but my true size was waaay too big.

PS I hadn't been to Rolo for several years, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. They had a lot of sufu approved brands like Kim Jones Umbro, APC, LVC, 5EP, and Jean Shop was the kicker. I was very surprised to see that there. Gotta stop putting them in the same category as Villains. They are definitely a cut above.

Yeah they were nice. They are jean cut but they dont look like jeans, they seriously look like dickies, which isnt bad of course. No weft, or overdye, they are just black fabric all the way through. They are more expensive too, something like $280.

• 2 months later...