about a brand called Jean Shop

windowpane

• 7 months later...

just tried on their unisex selvedge slim--had a lot of specs which is funny to see all on one jean in person. the denim was sturdy and slick. the price (240usd) is the same as my Lindas.

the meatpacking store staff are a really friendly bunch. i'll prolly get a pair next (next?) year...heh.

they also had a LOT of leather goods in the store, the jackets just looked like they were piled on top of each other in the back (not chaotic or messy just a ton of things), hah...the stuff i remember well is a very nice well-oiled(?) black leather jacket they just got made... beautiful thing but 2300usd. there was also a really beautiful women's leather shirt i definitely wanted...argh. i'm way too poor atm. :rolleyes:

also the black OD jeans didn't feel or look like dickies imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have searched high and low for any info on Jean shop denim and have had a hard time finding much for the ladies fits. Are there any ladies who own jean shop raw's on here?

Isoform you said you tried on the unisex cut...how did that fit on you size wise? Did you have to size down a bunch like the guys?

I found some for a really good price but sizing seems hard to figure out and I can not try them on anywhere near me.

I have searched high and low for any info on Jean shop denim and have had a hard time finding much for the ladies fits. Are there any ladies who own jean shop raw's on here?

Isoform you said you tried on the unisex cut...how did that fit on you size wise? Did you have to size down a bunch like the guys?

I found some for a really good price but sizing seems hard to figure out and I can not try them on anywhere near me.

They run true to size, but i was able to size down 1 keeping in mind that they'll stretch to size.

I've put on the unisex cut,called the Skinny.

Its pretty slim, but not super-skinny. Slightly vanity sized; I wear a 28 in almost all dry denim and I would take a 27 in the Skinny.

All of Jean Shop's models are good- Nice Selvage, quality contruction and all are quite accessible from a fit perspective.

They run true to size, but i was able to size down 1 keeping in mind that they'll stretch to size.

Thank you so much Isoform. I went ahead and purchased them in a size down from my normal. I will stand in the shower in them if they are too tight. It worked amazing on my Skull 5010's.

I look forward to getting them. They look great and from what I have read on SUFU and Styleforum they are great quality!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a new pair for work on Ebay for $90. They are very strange. They are a light weight denim mens classic fit with a zipper and the heavier weight rivets I have seen on Rockers. The denim looks like 1 X 1 weft for warp. On most jeans the weft is thicker than the warp, bu on these they are the same thickness. It looks like the back side of chambray. I really like light weight jeans, so I think I will be happy with these.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, could you give me any feedback? these are a 29 Medium, Classic Fit.... is it just me, or does it seem unnatural in from the waist to the upper thighs? I don't know if you can tell, but they fit a bit more snug than I had hoped after wearing for so long.

anyway, I've posted a few links:

front

side

back

*I'm debating whether to sell or not, so I've put them up as an IC.

• 3 weeks later...

J...You got the right size do not worry, Please send me pics when you get them...;)

Fit is exceptional for a medium weight stiff denim, though creasing seems hard to get because of the looser bootcut fit on these. They are snug in the waist and a little snug in the thighs but loosen up at the knees.

They have been fun for wearing on days when I do not want to wear slims, and need a different fit.

Either way You will love them!!!

If you want me to pm you a pic let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have worn my pair of Heavy Rockers for maybe a month total and man they are so nice. The demin is very different but so nice! i can't believe the amount of fading i have for maybe a month of wear. I'm going to have to post some pictures.

These jeans don't get much play here. pix?