ID these 501's?

jubei

Triniboy, you're thinking off the STF. Not these supposed Levis Premium Selvedge.

If the material is anything like the Premium rigid Skinners I have, they shouldnt be too bad. I soaked them for about 45 minutes the other day for the first time in lukewarm water, there wasn't much indigo loss.

That selvedge does look a little funky, but the idea of having premium 501s that are rigid is something I have wondered about for a long time. If these are legit i would definitely buy them. I have wondered why Levis hasn't made basically the same jean as the typical 501 stf, but with better denim (aside of course from the LVC). Get back to the basics, but with nice denim. I like the skinners, but they need a more democratic fitting jean that has nice denim that will appeal to a lot of people and have a decent price tag on them.

Quote:

That selvedge does look a little funky, but the idea of having premium 501s that are rigid is something I have wondered about for a long time. If these are legit i would definitely buy them. I have wondered why Levis hasn't made basically the same jean as the typical 501 stf, but with better denim (aside of course from the LVC). Get back to the basics, but with nice denim. I like the skinners, but they need a more democratic fitting jean that has nice denim that will appeal to a lot of people and have a decent price tag on them.

--- Original message by rnrswitch on Mar 5, 2006 08:49 PM

AGREED.

Edited by rnrswitch on Mar 6, 2006 at 12:56 PM

Quote:

Triniboy, you're thinking off the STF. Not these supposed Levis Premium Selvedge.

If the material is anything like the Premium rigid Skinners I have, they shouldnt be too bad. I soaked them for about 45 minutes the other day for the first time in lukewarm water, there wasn't much indigo loss.

--- Original message by sonick on Mar 5, 2006 08:29 PM

Nope - I was actually talking about these - I know the STF have the rep of washing out but there was a post the other day about these jeans and their appearance after washing - I'll try to look for it and post.

EDIT: Here we go: http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=8885

You might wanna PM Bill to see if it's the same pair as his...

Edited by triniboy27 on Mar 6, 2006 at 01:11 PM