Cold Weather Shoes / Boots

af1snaikboi

I've searched for a thread but have not come upon any posts.

Moving from CA to NY I'm tired of having frozen feet. I'm looking to pick up a pair of shoes / boots that can be versatile and durable enough for the winter.

I'd like to spend 150 or less if possible

Could anyone pass on some reccomendations??

Thanks

I've found these pair of red wings quite nice but am unable to find them anywhere.

red-wing-shoes-fw09-new-releases-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I've searched for a thread but have not come upon any posts.

Moving from CA to NY I'm tired of having frozen feet. I'm looking to pick up a pair of shoes / boots that can be versatile and durable enough for the winter.

I'd like to spend 150 or less if possible

Could anyone pass on some reccomendations??

Thanks

I've found these pair of red wings quite nice but am unable to find them anywhere.

red-wing-shoes-fw09-new-releases-1.jpg

Congrats on your move to new york, And the answer to your question i would say David Z. Its a well known franchise in new york,they have an official site you can order from as well check it out davidz.com

can someone ID the boot model for the left ^

Desert Boot Oro-iginal if I recall correctly

or just "Desert Boot"

Anyone have experience with the heat tech socks? How warm/how thick are they?

I was looking at the ronnie fieg x polo ranger boots and the greys are nice. Personally, i think burgundy gives you a better range of clothes you could wear it with, but i cant stop looking at the greys.

they're all sold out on davidz though, from my understanding it was a limited run that won't be coming back, can somebody confirm?

great, thanks.

If i wear a size 11 in vans authentic slip ons, but a 9.5 in converse chuck taylors, when I consider buying boots like RW or the Ralph Lauren Rangers, should I go with a size 9.5 or 10?

Well this is completely irrelevant to sizing but honestly i'd stay away from the Ralph Laurens, there nice ....however they are getting raped its a very big thing over here a lot of people are wearing them i recommend the chukkas there sick and you would be one of the many few wearing them.

And the Red Wing wool socks are very nice. I've worn wool socks for about 4 years and the RWs for about 4 months. I was working outside in 10-30˚ temps with my 877s or steel toed RWs and my feet were nice and warm. A little loftier than Smartwool light hikers and more comfortable than Fox River.

http://www.shop.outdoorsportsworld.us/product.sc?productId=515

Well this is completely irrelevant to sizing but honestly i'd stay away from the Ralph Laurens, there nice ....however they are getting raped its a very big thing over here a lot of people are wearing them i recommend the chukkas there sick and you would be one of the many few wearing them.

where is 'here'?

I dont see them in cali often, cuz our weather usually isn't cold enough.

I was making reference to New York since you said you were moving there.

On a side note anybody have a good review of Clark Desert Lynx Boots? Can they survive a winter?

you must've mistaken me for another person, because I wasn't the one saying I'd move to NY

• 3 weeks later...

If you are a super peasant and cant afford to take a trip to a store that sells "cool" red wings, your best bet is zappos.

Crepe soles = what you find on clarks.

Those white soles on RWs are called aomething else.

I just bought a pair of beckman / gt but am too afraid to wear them in the snow. Too nice...

yeah, i don't really care what they're called.

wedge soles, crepe soles, etc., etc.

i mean the white things.

i've been away from my metropolitan home for a while (where the stores are...), and i'm sitting here in the countryside bugging over boots with nothing to do...

please, appease my minor neuroses...