Denim update! LVC 505 1967 Pics

keska

this pair of raw unwashed LVC 505 1967 30x34 redline selvage that i bought from another supertalker, has been through at least 100 hours of intensive wear. the first day that i got them i wore them to work where we were moving and redecorating. from that i got some 'scars' on the jeans which i dont mind:P.

well i was wondering at this speed how long would it take for these jeans to show some real wear like what i got at the lowest point of the jeans.

i got them om feb 15 and wore them everyday since because i want this to go fast. i am planning to take these in the ocean with me somewhere in summertime. do you guys have any tips of speeding the process or ways to give these a unique look?

anyway here are the pics. the one that i took in front of a mirror was an earlier one all the other pics i took today, i dont have any pics of what they looked like when i just got them.

ive tried thumbnailing the pics via imagevenue but i couldnt get it to work. if anyone could help me out with this i'd appreciate that.

http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24ℑ=19262_DSCN0903.JPG

http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24ℑ=19270_DSCN0949.JPG

http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24ℑ=19277_DSCN0952.JPG

http://img109.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24ℑ=19286_DSCN0953.JPG

really you have to be caribbean or zen about it. Don't be in a hurry for the wear. They look great raw. Do't count the hours your wear them, count the months.

ENjoy wearing them raw for absolutely as long as possible, and I would suggest that the first time you have to clean them, if it's within three months, get them dry cleaned. If you can give them their first wash six months in, all the wear will zing out.

OK, yeah the resizing helps. Thanks. I agree, they look fine just wear 'em. Since they are Levis people will be alot less likely to notice repeative wearing. Most people have more than one pair of Levis. The more flamboyant jeans are harder to wear day in and day out without being noticed.

Quote:

OK, yeah the resizing helps. Thanks. I agree, they look fine just wear 'em. Since they are Levis people will be alot less likely to notice repeative wearing. Most people have more than one pair of Levis. The more flamboyant jeans are harder to wear day in and day out without being noticed.

--- Original message by damnIam on Mar 2, 2006 01:18 PM

true true i think ill wear em non stop for about 2 months no 1 will notice:P. if they smell ill spray em with febreze and let em hang outside for a couple of hours.

Wanted: Sucarcanes SC40500N, Imperial kings. 31x34

Hello Keska!

Hope you like them. icon_smile.gif

They do look quite nice already, considering you've only worn them for less than 3 weeks.

I also try to wear my pair as much as possible and even though I've had them for about 2 month they don't look quite as worn as yours I think. Haven't worn them every day though and haven't done anything extreme with them, just worn them to work(where I change to my work wear).

I might post some pictures of the progress of the jeans later for you to compare.

Quote:

I say this ver very very often....

ALL JEANS WITH ZIPPERS WILL NOT SHRINK (very much)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Mar 3, 2006 01:11 AM

That is my understanding as well. Most all zippered jeans are sanforized for obvious reasons.

Quote:

Hello Keska!

Hope you like them. icon_smile.gif

They do look quite nice already, considering you've only worn them for less than 3 weeks.

I also try to wear my pair as much as possible and even though I've had them for about 2 month they don't look quite as worn as yours I think. Haven't worn them every day though and haven't done anything extreme with them, just worn them to work(where I change to my work wear).

I might post some pictures of the progress of the jeans later for you to compare.

--- Original message by joshua on Mar 2, 2006 01:38 PM

Hey joshua

i like the jeans very much theyre my first real 'project' jeans:), thanks.

if you could post the pics i'd like it alot for comparrison.

Wanted: Sucarcanes SC40500N, Imperial kings. 31x34

Quote: Read the title of the thread...

...No, they are not a pair of Sears STF 501's.

However, they are RAW LVC 505's and will shrink plenty when washed. I suppose you could consider almost all raw denim "Shrink to Fit"...

Dude, are you retarded? I asked are they shrink to fit. I did not ask are they cheap Sears STFs that you yourself wear religiously. I know most LVC are shrink to fit, so I was asking if his are, cause if his were STF, then when he washed them they probably wouldn't fit him anymore. Also, how come you try to be knowledgeable in every thread. All you wear are cheapo STFs and ebay edwins.

Edited by AznInvazn on Mar 4, 2006 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Are those stf?

--- Original message by AznInvazn on Mar 2, 2006 01:31 PM

Read the title of the thread...

However, they are RAW LVC 505's and will shrink plenty when washed. I suppose you could consider almost all raw denim "Shrink to Fit"...

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Mar 2, 2006 02:51 PM

serge is right.

any jeans with a zipper will not shrink much. if they were not sanforized or pre shrunk the zipper would get all cocked up after shrinking

most raw denim is not shrink to fit. in fact it would be more accurate to consider most raw denim "stretch to fit".

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Quote: Read the title of the thread...

Dude, are you retarded? I asked are they shrink to fit. I did not ask are they cheap Sears STFs that you yourself wear religiously. I know most LVC are shrink to fit, so I was asking if his are, cause if his were STF, then when he washed them they probably wouldn't fit him anymore. Also, how come you try to be knowledgeable in every thread. All you wear are cheapo STFs and ebay edwins.

Edited by AznInvazn on Mar 4, 2006 at 08:32 AM

--- Original message by AznInvazn on Mar 4, 2006 08:30 AM

the flame war deserves to continue

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Quote:

do the 505s stretch a lot?

they won't shrink (much) when washed but will they also stretch less because they're sanforized?

can expect the size to be roughly the same after say 4 months?

--- Original message by liontamer on Mar 24, 2006 03:21 PM

Mine were a size 30x32. I haven't washed them yet and the inseam has stretched to a 31. Also the thigh and knee stretch out a bit. I've hemmed them now btw.

• 1 month later...

Ride a bicycle every day til summer besides your usual " intensive " work in them .

Wet the thighs up top where whiskers are forming , and behind the legs where honeycombs are , then let them start to dry on you while riding the 1st time . Dont soak anything but those areas til you get to teh ocean .

Sit indian style about 4-5 hours while they finish drying on you .

Then when you get to the ocean , jump in with your jeans on swim around an hour , come out and let them dry on you again while wearing a few hours .

Shoudl be good to go after that routine