Evisu is still loved!

benzak

hey yin, why?

is it fakes or any reason? it din state where it made from tou. the seller said it was purchased in uk.

:)

They are bad compare to MIJ Evisu....i would never buy another pair of non MIJ evisu ever again, just trust me on this.....

Here is some pics pre-wash...the leather patch is totally fucked after just one hot wash......will post fit pics tomorrow.

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Was it a boiling wash Yin or just hottest tap water? Also any chance to see the selvage line?

Boiling wash i should say, here are the pics...:)

EDIT: Yea Bunga, also, the price is higher than i would like to pay but DS Evis don't come around very often, i have no choice haha.:D

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

HAaha wow dude, you destroyed that patch. Hopefully there was enough shrinkage for you.

Dont think I would give a pair I had a boiling wash after seeing all these patches turning out like this.

Also I bought a pair of Evis myself, at least I think so, hard to tell. Another pair of 2101's. Wasnt looking to buy a pair but when DS Evis come up its hard to say no.

evis2101-1.jpg

Yin do you have anyone that chainstitches near you or are you going for the double cuffs? Hope they dont stretch out for you like your other pair

The reason i don't wear my 2101 as much as i would like to because i'm still hunting for a pair of 2000 No.1 in black selvedge, after that, i'm gonna send all my jeans(like 4 pairs) to 45rpm NY to chainstich them all, save me some shipping fees.:D

I like em! I'm surprised you found a pair of tagged no.1 evis. How much did they shrink from the boil soak?

Thanks.:)

At first i thought they probably shrink even more than the 2000 No.1 i had, but they stretch out pretty quickly too, i would say they are about even.:)

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

so i was gonna go meet a couple of friends for lunch today then it started raining while i was walking there, so i started running to avoid the rain (completely ignoring my own advice: 'only suckers run') so i slip, fall and bust up my knee and hip, nothing serious just some pain. then i look down and realize that the knee on my evisu is wrecked, giant hole, so hopefully i can get this fixed but it might be new jeans time. seoul is too cold during the winter to go around with a big ass hole on my knee.

Sorry to hear that, Ahlvahroe - hope you can fix it :(

Picked up these today, bit odd...Lot 2000 in D85 denim anyone? Made in Japan, Stylecraft buttons but no sign of a red tab ever having been on them. Saw them on eBay and the magpie instinct kicked in, fresh from having jumped on a pair of Fullcounts :o

If genuine, I'm leaning towards them being something to do with the MiJ 2001s that were made for the UK market only (I think), a good few years ago, but I never heard of any 2000s made of D85 - only those 2001s and the Lot 1930s made for the Japanese market (and not marked as being MiJ...).

Shit indoor pics, as it's like Hoth outside...see what you think, would be interested in your thoughts...

dscf1419.jpg

dscf1421.jpg

dscf142601.jpg

dscf14270.jpg

dscf1428we.jpg

also i came across this pair of no.2

yk_homme-img600x400-1290323822ab6tpa38471.jpg

Yeah, I think you're right.

I don't even think it's 'our' D85 any more - they're pretty much unworn but have a deep blue colour that I don't associate with unworn D85.

And you can see it's not the same here:

dscf1433.jpg

Top to bottom:

Lot 1930 with small 'e' tab, no 'made in Japan' label

Lot 0331 D85 slimmer Heritage cut, standard 'grey' colour to it

Lot 2001 MiJ Lot 2001 w/out tab, originally unpainted and (I think) made specifically for the UK market

Lot 2000 jeans, almost brand new and can be found on Yahoo Japan with red tab and identical embroidered gulls (thanks, shanelong!).

Interesting shot, are they all 13.5oz denim?

The top two should be, the Lot 1930 originally had '13.5 oz' stamped on the patch, and that's also the weight of the 'normal' D85, i.e. the Lot 0331.

Notice they colour way different on the mij model

I'm not convinced that it's what we know as D85 for the two MiJ models...and I think that the Lot 1930 (top) and the Lot 2000 (bottom) at least may well be from before the 'standard' D85 was used by the Heritage range.

The Lot 1930, with the 'small e' tab, are from early to mid-90s, I think...the International Evisu at this time was Italian-produced, and I've never seen that selvage on any of the Italian Evisu.

I think that selvage was first used on some denim available in Japan, and then that denim was eventually adapted to become the Heritage D85.

What do you all reckon? Paulo might be able to make some sense out of this...