Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I need to call up American Rag or Neiman Marcus to see if they have Lot. 2005 so I can try them on.

You mean the 0005, since BiG is the only authorized seller for MIJ Evisu. Although similar to the 2005, it fits a lil different.

Here's a good example of the fit. This is probably true to size, although I've heard in some cases it runs bigger.

http://www.asos.com/Evisu/Evisu-Heritage-No2-Classic-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=460017&cid=5596&Rf-400=194&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Indigo

You mean the 0005, since BiG is the only authorized seller for MIJ Evisu. Although similar to the 2005, it fits a lil different.

Here's a good example of the fit. This is probably true to size, although I've heard in some cases it runs bigger.

http://www.asos.com/Evisu/Evisu-Heritage-No2-Classic-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=460017&cid=5596&Rf-400=194&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Indigo

damn I forgot about that, guess ill try on the 0005. thanks for the info.

What about the no3 denim? I know the 1 and 2 are the legendary denims, but does anyone have any experience with no3?

NO.3 In japan is non selvedge denim thats the cheapest they sell.

no3 was the new denim they came out with right? im also interested in the quality of those as well.

No. NO.3 denim is the old D85 denim that has just had a name change from NO.2 to No.3.

So dont confuse NO.3 japan with No.3 heritage. The new denims are explained in this post:

http://www.evisu.com/blog/2009/02/05/introducing-spring-2009-heritage-denims/

Dint end up contacting a proxy but here is what i was going to bid on:

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m67440679

Reason i dint contact the proxy is that due to money flow problems my max bid would of been around 10k. So that kinda sucks as i might of won! Also wouldnt of had to pay postage to the UK as my friend is in japan till the end of the month.

Just goes to show you should try even if you dont think you will win.

NO.3 In japan is non selvedge denim thats the cheapest they sell.

No. NO.3 denim is the old D85 denim that has just had a name change from NO.2 to No.3.

So dont confuse NO.3 japan with No.3 heritage. The new denims are explained in this post:

http://www.evisu.com/blog/2009/02/05/introducing-spring-2009-heritage-denims/

Yeah my question was about the new #3 the Heritage #3. So it is of comparable quality as the #2 heritage?

its not ringspun yarn in the #4, it seems to be a cheaper alternative for those who dont want to spend on the better denims. it doesn't sound as bad as the japanese non-selvage #3 denim, though. this is all my opinion don't mind me. hey beats, im looking at your booty on the evisu site! thats when you know you've arrived...

to me it doesn't matter how many denims you come out with, as long as the ones you use are top quality. even levis back in the day had a #2 denim that was a budget version, as well as various other denims. but i under stand they all were quality. i've seen, handled, rubbed, & smelled(yeah, i admit) the #1 denim, and it is great. but it it equal to other denims in the osaka5. all five of their denims are different, yet great. for example, warehouse100xx is not superior or inferior to yamanes's #1 or #0 denim. fullcounts denim, etc. but fullcounts usual( theres not much variation, and they are all equally excellent) denim is certainly as 'special' as the #1 or #0. i was talking to gordon about all this one day, and he mentioned that even from jean to jean, there is nothing that is superior about the $600 samurai-AI model to the warehouse 660, for example. the quality of construction , and the denim 'quality' are equal. it's just that the sam model has certain aspects certain people might be willing to pay for.

now is FC, the 2000#1 special denim, WH, denime, and SDA denim better than say, naked and famous, or APC? of course, cause the companies that produce them are more stringent on quality control standards. per gordon, evisu' #1 denim is loomed by different sources from lot to lot, so your #1s from 3 years ago are probably different from the ones at BIG. notice how the selvage color changes from lot to lot somtimes. gordon said that #1 are excellent, but nothing to get hard over if you already have experience with denim of that genre and level. fuck it, its all great! (but fuck that #4) i still love the D85...

i wish i had found that avatar before you. ive only handled the pinkline #1. to me the #4 is a cheap alternative for newbs who just found out about selvage denim, like a 'starter denim'( i hate that term).what about 45rpm details do you like better? just wondering, i've never handled them, but i will on my next trip to NY some time this summer.

^ as normal as these no.1 2000 look to be, they feel very rigid and durable even after hot wash and a boiling soak. I feel these no.1 will probably rank among my favorites with sugar cane okinawas and samurais s0500xx. I have yet to try something with Zimbabwe cotton or something from pure blue japan. Before I thought the 2000 wasn't a cut for me, but the more i wear it, the more I like it. I think it's a good decision that i decided to keep it.

Damn you make me want to go out and grab a pair!:D

I like the way this was all written from the heart or at least it sounds like it!!!

The 45RPM patch is the best I have encountered in term of design and finish, they use their own style of buttons (which are stamped on the back, something completely gratuitous yet unusual enough to be noted), unbranded rivets (which I like better than branded, I like the cleaner finish it gives on the outside) and I love the look of their selvage line, just indigo and red, without the white lines (if you see what I mean). The writings on the pocket bags look good (another gratuitous, hidden detail), and the tag says 100% cotton / parts: goat, something I always found fun. These are all tiny details, yet they became really important to me. I like the shape and placement of the back pockets as well, something I'm usually struggling with in other jeans.

This said, the biggest argument for 45RPM is the cut of the new Sorahiko, at least for me. Not slim, just a great modernized straight cut, not aggressive (in the way it respects your body, unlike, in my opinion, slim cuts), not pretentious, flattering enough, yet very distinctive. It really illustrates the cool, relaxed vibe of the brand, a pair of jeans you just want to wear on the beach on a summer night, when you just don't give a fuck about anything else. Basically, it's perfect for me. I could keep going like that, but I should stop here...

I just love to see how unusual denims evolve, no matter where it comes from or who makes it.

Which is why I'm excited to see the fall collection, since it's supposed to be black, sulfur dyed denim.

to me the #4 is a cheap alternative for newbs who just found out about selvage denim, like a 'starter denim'( i hate that term)

That's one of the weird things. It actually cost more than #2 or 3 denim.

I could keep going like that, but I should stop here

Silence heathen! We don't condone such blasphemous talk here!

Nah, but from what I've seen/heard, 45rpm is the shit. Their other stuff is ridiculously expensive though.

Too ugly?

Sometimes, yes, horribly so, but as a I peek into my closet a moment ago I see a few Evisu shirts that are pretty nice.

But 45rpm got that whole denim hippie vibe (minus the pricing) going for them, which seems to work for a lot of other companies also. (ie. KAPITAL, Pure Blue Japan and Omnigod)