Evisu is still loved!

benzak

This is my first picture so I could royally screw this up. I went hiking with this girl a couple days ago and I really wanted to get a sweet denim picture, but I could not bring myself to ask her to take a picture of my jeans. I hand her the camera and jump up and start climbing the tree and got this pic.

IMG_0072.jpg

And just because personally I would rather see pictures than text here is one more for fun

IMG_0069.jpg

Nice pics, Blacktocomm.

Any chance of some more of the denim itself?

Here they are, a little delayed. If you remember these are the Jeans that are mentioned earlier in this thread that were found at a consignment store in a town in Oregon. I waited a week and the next time I was in that area ran in and grabbed them. The store was having a huge sale the next day and at first I couldn't find them but I saw 2 other pair of non-selvage evisu. I went to the counter and asked the lady about any other Evisu jeans they had and she pointed me to a random rack they had moved getting ready for the sale, I asked her if they would be on sale the next day, but they were just getting moved for a display for the sale. The other pictures are from my first day of owning those jeans I threw them on after I left the store and went from there.

Cool jeans, my first pair of selvage, I already own a couple pair of Evisu, but I only bought the already washed Evisu. I fell in love with Evisu after seeing them on the man show like 7 years ago and got a couple of pair but never understood the dry wash thing, I have grown older and wiser so I am excited for the selvage jeans a whole new and awesome aspect of denim opened up to my eyes. They are already washed once or twice, but seem to have plenty of wear in them very soft and already are taking lines from my moleskine.

Anyway enough text here comes some pictures!

Close up denim

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

If you look close you can see the residue of the cookie I sat on in the park on my right pocket at the beginning of the gull :mad:

IMG_0077.jpg

After like 2 or 3 days. Very hard wear thus far

IMG_0092.jpg

These baby's have already pulled 2 all nighters with me and I hope to put lots more abuse on them in the coming months.

Nice find, Blacktocomm. Are those gulls stamped or are they appliques? Kind of looks like the former, but I can't quite tell.

Well, Matt couldn't locate any deadstock brown-box in the 0001 cut. It was released however, product number EA07HMJE17. If anyone here buys in the aftermarket, I'd be interested in a pair!

How can I tell the difference between the 2? I just saw them on there and thought they were cool. :o

Stamped would look/feel like rubbery paint, and appliqued (which actually I haven't seen before) would be like sewn on fabric.

Yeah, sweet jeans...but what's wrong with the rain? Kinda an occupational hazard in England, adds character :P

Fit pics? Would be good to see more 2000s in No.2, good to compare them with Paulo's.

Thanks guys. I think crash ur right about the rain. I was so worried that the jeans would get wet. but then i realized if i could only wear them in sunny days, i would only have a few chances to wear them. so I started to wear them whenever i could and they are getting better. I will try to post some fit pics over the weekend.

nice jeans + rep, also did you go true to size?

I actually went one size larger since the guy at evisu told me no.2 would shrink 1 inch after soaking it. However, I feel like the jeans didnt shrink at all. if i could pick again, i think i would go true to size.

Is it wrong for me to actually quite like the footy gull jeans? :o

And I saw the bottom ones Chambo, they're Italian Evisu by the looks of it - and in deadstock condition. Doubt you'll get much shrinkage out of them though as they should be sanforised. They'd be a good pair of jeans to break in though, due to their exclusivity...

Edit: They are Italian, didn't see that the seller had answered the question I sent yesterday :)

Chambo - The italian Evisu looks very nice. I'm not going to bid btw.

And those funky red pattern jeans reminds me of the early-mid 90's crazy Moschino era. ;)

CTB - Every evisu lover has got to have at least one pair of jeans that is considered as loud or funky :P

Chambo - The italian Evisu looks very nice. I'm not going to bid btw.

And those funky red pattern jeans reminds me of the early-mid 90's crazy Moschino era. ;)

CTB - Every evisu lover has got to have at least one pair of jeans that is considered as loud or funky :P

Yeah, the Italian Evisu look sweet...and I hear you about the Moschino-esque jeans!

Gah, I like my jeans a little more understated these days, but I'm still drawn to those things :)

Wearing my Evis Type II throughout a wet English winter added loads of character to the jacket, I'll get some update pics up soon as it's been worn for a good six months now...

I've never fully understood this fear of rain..........I mean, unless your jeans have the shittiest dyeing process known to man, I doubt they'll be ruined.

I used to LOL reading some of comments reflecting the devastation of nudie jeans wearers when their pants became wet. "OMG! I was caught in a downpour! Are my jeans ruined!? Do I have to buy a new pair to get proper fades!"

But perhaps they had reason to be uncertain, since Nudie heavily relied on their "get fadez quik!" gimmick. I'm sure they've improved the dyeing process though.

I actually went one size larger since the guy at evisu told me no.2 would shrink 1 inch after soaking it. However, I feel like the jeans didnt shrink at all. if i could pick again, i think i would go true to size.

Shoulda went with your true size. The jeans already run larger in the waist as is.

I've never fully understood this fear of rain..........I mean, unless your jeans have the shittiest dyeing process known to man, I doubt they'll be ruined.

I concur, and I'm sure the original workers and cowboys who first wore jeans gave no thought to what the weather might have done to what they were wearing to do their job...

But it's understandable, from a certain perspective...it passes though, thank fuck :)

So I've been wearing my Prps for a month straight and decided to wear my Tamashi D85's today and I was shocked by how beautiful the indigo is. I mean I knew it was, but I've been looking at the Prps and admiring their fading characteristic's that I forgot.

Just goes to show how different indigo can look and fade. Green cast, Red cast whatever it maybe they all make for a unique canvas.

Hey guys how much do you think the No.2 diacock denim jackets shrink by? I'm thinking about copping one but I'm not sure whether to get a large or extra large. I want a more fitted look and if it's going to shrink a lot I should go with extra large?

Hey guys how much do you think the No.2 diacock denim jackets shrink by? I'm thinking about copping one but I'm not sure whether to get a large or extra large. I want a more fitted look and if it's going to shrink a lot I should go with extra large?

I would go tts or large in your case. No. 2 Denim should be Sanforized so there should be minimal shrinkage.

Crash,

Is your jacket No. 2?