chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

been listening to this british dude Zoo Kid a lot lately. He put out an LP a while ago but it was vinyl only so it's hard to find.

crazy shit is that he's only 16 years old. really nice, moody shit though, he's go a deep buddy holly elvis costello voice.

L9wLrAtcd6Y

-NuME7DFi9o

been listening to this british dude Zoo Kid a lot lately. He put out an LP a while ago but it was vinyl only so it's hard to find.

crazy shit is that he's only 16 years old. really nice, moody shit though, he's go a deep buddy holly elvis costello voice.

L9wLrAtcd6Y

-NuME7DFi9o

fixed .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You guys into Wu Lyf? Never heard of them till they came up on p4k but their new album is awesome.

I would put up a video of them but all their shit on youtube doesn't have the songs in their entirety.

i think i've just found my new favourite winter album. this group is the goods....cheers for the find brah

I think Wu Lyf currently has a song on p4k for their "best new track" category which is where I heard my first song of theirs. I liked it, but I didn't listen to the album (I'll probably get around to it).

I've been listening to Yuck a lot lately, I know it's a slightly older release, but I'm just getting around to listening to it. "Get Away" is such a great track, you can hear the Dinosaur influences.

Anyone wanna recommend me some good sites for Indie-related releases other than the obvious ones such as P4K, GvB, etc.?

been listening to Destroyer's Kapput , guess ths time they hit lo-fi (imo) and yes it's remarkably awesome.

worth to hear.

Pf-ONpLXzGs

me too, can't wait to see it live this saturday..

how soon is too soon to contact a band's management about a quick interview before a show? the show is in Sept.

They don't typically like to plan press till a week or two before the show in my experience. Doesn't hurt to send an email and mention that you can confirm the exact time as the concert nears.

^ kinda. Just cause they're both "chillwavers" but I think there's a big enough difference in their sound to tell them apart. I dig the new washes out album.

Saw toro last night. Played a couple new songs. Toro's hometown shows are always so fun.