Are you a racist?

AstroWolf

Harvard has a series of online tests that are like something out of a 70's future movie.

They have a ton of tests like this, but i have only taken this one. I scored in the 6% group, i will omit what that result is, to not taint the test for others. But when your done you will see where i fit in, and where you did.

heres a link, tell us that you think about how you did.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html

anyone who feels advenurous and takes the other tests, let us know about that too. :rolleyes:

ps- usually i try and make my posts sarcastic and fun, but in the interest of good solid scientific results, i have refrained from anything like that. Lets keep this thread solid peeps!

i've been studying this test lately actually. the IAT. pretty interesting stuff. i took it once before i knew much about it because westside told me to. it showed that i had "a moderate preference for black faces" or however they word it. i think my awareness of how it worked may have tainted my results. i have a tendency to overthink these things when i do them, which is often because the psychology department at my school uses undergraduates as their lab rats. i'm probably not a very good subject.

moderate preference of light skin over dark skin. same goes for thin vs fat people and european vs african. so, being a white middle class european, I think the results are pretty average and were to be expected I guess. actually I'm pretty disgusted by my mediocracy rather than the results themselves.

I am a moderate capitalist with a preference for individuals over groups.

et voila!

i've only seen red blood so far.

i too am in the moderate preference towards black people.... 6% baby!

that's exactly what i scored! and i think i didn't score neutral 'cause i'm partially drunk and the only "mistakes" i made was in the really last section, after they switch again the options sooooooooooo

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American and European American.

?hrm?

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Arab Muslims and Other People.

I guess I have a strong automatic preference to light skinned people to dark, but I can't figure out how this thing is supposed to work. I only got one question wrong, and it was a negative word I assigned to a white woman, and every sequence was a positive word for a light skin person, and a negative word for a dark skin person, I was supposed to match them right? I'm gonna do it again.

Hapsical, dont over think, its the internet, its full of wonder. It should fill you with awe, not logic ;)

Orion, yes, its about assocation speed, thats the key i guess.

Diamonds, yes, its repetitive, but once i got in the zone i likededed it, its like a game. I think that getting in the groove and understanding it better in the second half of the test is why i got the results i did.

Its not real, its fun, and fun is never real, unless your drunk or on drugs. Everyone knows that.