usa :: san jose :: general

chantheman

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah there's a mitsuwa not too far from santa clara on saratoga avenue and like moorpark, there's a couple of japanese grocery stores around the area, there's a nijiya market on grant and el camino and another japanese grocery store i don't remember what it's called but it's near wolfe and stevens creek i think? next to the beard papa ha

yeah there's a handful of cool stuff to do in the san jose area, more than i think i give credit for. where are you moving here from? we should rally up and have a superfuture san jose bar meet up or something (like we've been meaning to do? party at winq's place?)

wolfe and stevens creek market is a marukai (next to the daiso that i worked at and the beard papa that i worked at, haaaaaaaaah)

bar meetup sounds good; if not that, we could always introduce you to the plethora of taquerias within downtown :P

go to downtown sj. there's a lot of great clubs. vip sucks because there is too much drama there all the time. plus the fact that not everyone there is 21. dnb's get's old.

sabor is good on thursdays if you're into the top 100's. i prefer blank club for the 80's music and cheap drinks. and there's cinebar, can't beat $2 pabst!

i think cinebar is my favorite place to go to downtown because yeah, it's cheap and grimey. hella gritty but i find it charming with much more character than going to pearl or something. i've only been to the blank club for shows, i think it's a cool venue. they know how to make a proper whiskey sour.

to go dancing or if it's someone's birthday usually i'll either get dragged out to voodoo (good for hip hop, r&b stuff) i loathe that place because i always see people from high school there. that or go to Loft, which I think isn't a bad place. it's packed, but for top 40 dj's, they're pretty good better than las vegas djs i think. and a perk about Loft is that you can go out to the roof if it isn't your thing and go listen to the house DJ spin. ssssick. and there's no cover, but they ask you for two forms of id or id+credit card

i haven't been to vip but i've been to hue. and i like how they have that button for service. i always keep pressing it. another late night korean food/drink place that my friends and i go to is jujubee, (i have no idea streets on el camino, i never drive, i'd get lost). it's uhm, near the DMV.