What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

The best thing about this thread is the food. Being in England, I just dont have access to the kind of culinary delights that are readily available in other countries.

You ren - interested to know what jellyfish tastes like! plus rep

Huh? You can get food from anywhere in the world here.

Decided to dust off my bike this morning and give it a quick once over.

IMG_8507.jpg

IMG_8514.jpg

Steve's x Shipyard. Steve's is a make believe BMX company started by me and some friends. All we make now are custom stickers out of beer labels pretty much.:D

IMG_8530.jpg

Kinda local spot. 7' mini w/ a 7' spine into a bowl prime for carving.

IMG_8532.jpg

Street set-up. Good for little jibs here and there, but usually too crowded.

IMG_8540.jpg

WAYWT

Supreme

PBJ

Vans

BSxvOUSabPY

Chill session just cruising around most of the morning.

IMG_85245.jpg

The runts show up and I hit the road. Nothing like coming back over that spine at speed and having some kid playing on the flat bottom.

So many great posts recently! Want to rep Farmer, Almostnice & Aztec but must spread... keep the photos coming fellas!

-Z- I'm patiently waiting to see your Japan trip photos!

My weekend got off to a bad start when I woke from my drunken haze on Sat morning to find someone else's chewing gum melted into my Burgus.

4265451034_e9903742da.jpg

Did some googling to get chewing gum removal advice. Basically you have to freeze the gum solid, then chip/scrape off as much as you can with a knife, then use a toothbrush to get the rest off. Temps are already below zero in Shanghai, but thanks to the heater in my bedroom the chewy had already melted into my jeans over night.

4265451488_8bcb0978e8.jpg

Rubbed an ice cube on that sucka but to no avail. Lots of knife scraping and brush rubbing required. Used a bit of detergent at the end, which left a slightly lighter patch on my jeans. Sufu's first chewing gum fade?

The burgus were hung out to line dry, so I took my Evisu's out for a spin. The painted ass always put me in a weekend mood. My gf owed me a birthday present so we went to the fabric market to get a grey two-button suit made. Here I am getting measured up.

4264703219_0bb62a2304.jpg

4264702459_73555f270c.jpg

Here's the tailor's workbench. Writing down my measurements in the order book. Note the sample pics stuck on the wall, and the fabric swatches. Reference print outs from Valet "the mix". I chose a high-threadcount grey italian wool with red pinstripe cotton lining for the inside of the sleeves & jacket pockets. Suit cost USD $360. Going back this Friday for the first fitting.

4264702779_e2a788681c.jpg

Went to my friend's house for dinner. Here's her fridge magnet collection. Love the spice containers stuck to the door. Great storage solution for a tiny kitchen!

4265453498_ec9ecec103.jpg

Cooking up chicken curry malaysian style!

4264704227_31da1e7c2c.jpg

And my favourite - red duck curry!

4264703555_85ec634476.jpg

Our chef in his bear hat. Ridiculously cute hat = chick magnet.

4264704595_d05ab62ace.jpg

Woke up Sunday to find my bathroom flooded due to a leaky connection under the sink. $15 worth of replacement parts soon fixed that! Walking thru the freezing rain to find a hardware store was not fun.

4264704977_6a46ac254b.jpg

man farmer, cant rep you for this. the bowl looks awesome too. pity one could not see it in the video. i should get a new bike, man, we also have a nice park here now, a but to late though. still have my 80s redline.

Well...can't post pics till in back in the states but I will say I'm rockin a new pair I got on my way from Narita to Machia city. Stopped at a little shop in Ueno...and I'm doing some more dedicated shopping on Thursday when I get back from Kyoto. Had some amazing thrift finds at some stores across the street from my hotel in Kyoto. Unfortunately none in my size. Good stuff still guys and gals.

Peace from my small ass hotel room...

shooting shooting shooting shooting shooting

img5895ad.jpg

img5967bw.jpg

img5990bw.jpg

More 100 Strangers goodness:

img5923n.jpg

img5928v.jpg

From this weekend:

DSC_0311.jpg

Sanitizing my secondary fermenter

DSC_0309.JPG

Starting culture for the yeast

DSC_0320.JPG

Boiling the wort

DSC_0327.jpg

Stirring to make sure it didn't burn or boil over

DSC_0329.JPG

After a 90 minute boil, cooling the wort in the sink

DSC_0333.jpg

Hydrometer measuring the Original gravity (OG) of the wort before fermentation

DSC_0310.jpg

Primary ferment/bottling bucket. Don't worry, I noticed the lid wasn't on all the way and I pushed it all the way down.

Updates on bottling day!

nice updates everyone!

Soonami, what kidna beer(I'm assuming it's beer) you making?

Farmer, looks like a fun place to ride! You do any dirt riding when the weather warms up?

2nd day of classes for a new semester, so I figured I'd chronicle my morning routine.

woke up and made some tea, still in a x-mas coffee mug:D

DSCN0216.jpg

grabbed a new brand of yogurt from the store the other day. This stuff was gooood!

DSCN0224.jpg

My Warehouses finally dried, and were stiff as cardboard, so I gave them a nice little once over with a medium tempt Iron to get the wrinkles out

(room is still cluttered form the move back)

DSCN0215.jpg

went ahead and oiled the tag after the ironing, didn't have any Obenauf's so I just threw on some Mink OIl:

DSCN0218.jpg

my walk to class...

DSCN0225.jpg

tried to quickly snap a pic of the guys working the fork lift building a new building on campus. Thought it pretty much summed up how many trees we have here in The South:

DSCN0226.jpg

thanks for lookin!

oh the wrinkles are def still there even after the iron, just wanted to get the fit to settle down a bit b4 I left for the day. Only a pretty cool iron, didn't want to take away all the character :)

The beer sounds great. My dad and his roomates used to brew beer in a trashcan in their dorn room in college. (they were bio/chem students, ha). I always wanted to try doing it though, sounds fun, and rewarding

Yuck, as a biochemist that has extensive experience with cell culture, I was very careful not to contaminate my brew, I couldn't imagine brewing in a trashcan even if it were clean...

but yeah, here are my wrinkly pics, no iron ftw!

DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0350.JPG

haha yeah they laugh about it now, and my godfather still brews some (much more sanitary now of course)

They say they did it to "save money"

I think it was to impress all the ladies.....

They never mentioned that the beer tasted any good tho, ha

Haha I am from australia and i havent seen this product anywhere!

Im going hunting

just checked the package, and it says "Wallaby Yogurt Company Napa Valley, CA." so not sure if they have it in Australia or not. that would suck if they didn't tho.

you can check the site I bet and find if it's anywhere near you:

www.wallabyyogurt.com

good luck!

just checked the package, and it says "Wallaby Yogurt Company Napa Valley, CA." so not sure if they have it in Australia or not. that would suck if they didn't tho.

you can check the site I bet and find if it's anywhere near you:

www.wallabyyogurt.com

good luck!

oh i see they have taken Australian techniques of making yogurt and taken them back to america.. NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE with the wallaby and all...

makes me wonder what american yogurt is like haha

Great stuff! Will rep when I'm back. keeping up on my blackberry...was really considering a pair of warehouse. Their Store in harajuku was sweet. The guys were really nice...but I couldn't find a cut I loved. Wanted the cinch back they rock! Went down the way to the PBJ store instead. Got some James bond denim...been wearing a pair of skull 5010xx all week...already fading...weird. Anyways. Night from Tokyo!

Great stuff! Will rep when I'm back. keeping up on my blackberry...was really considering a pair of warehouse. Their Store in harajuku was sweet. The guys were really nice...but I couldn't find a cut I loved. Wanted the cinch back they rock! Went down the way to the PBJ store instead. Got some James bond denim...been wearing a pair of skull 5010xx all week...already fading...weird. Anyways. Night from Tokyo!

Been away awhile. Had a lot to get done before Christmas, and then with the going to the US for the holidays, I didn't spend a lot of time online. Now, I am back in Shanghai, and wanted to post some updates.

Racing to get back home to finish some Christmas presents before flying out:

DSC_0674.jpg

DVs taking some abuse from ebony sawdust while making razor handles:

DSC_0697.jpg

4 of the 6 razors I finished before Christmas. The Kropp was for myself (It's about 90 years old). Cow bone scales with a black ox horn wedge. Also pictured DA that I reground to a French point with Horn Scales and cow bone wedge, and 2 Ebony scaled DAs reground into spike points with bone wedges:

IMG_2584.jpg

Close up of the Kropp with 3 ebony and bones in the background. One with a DA that I reground into a barber's notch (one behind the Kropp):

IMG_2604.jpg

Back in the US. Trying to get some Christmas Shopping done. Still a bit jetlagged. The missus decided she wanted to try Cheesecake Factory after watching "Big Bang Theory". Waiting for our table. Alden 405s, Post O'Alls, BR Chambray, BR Peacoat, J. Crew Driving Cap.

IMG_2988.jpg

Heading up to the cabin for New Year's. Stopped by my Great-Grandfather's land. Now it belongs to a cousin. 700+ acres, but he won't break it up and sell any to me. I go by every time I come back home. Really want to build a cabin here for when I go home:

IMG_3019.jpg

Celebrating New Year's at the cabin in Valle Crucis, we went by the Mast General Store, but unfortunately forgot the camera. Anyway, bringing in the New Year.

IMG_3398.jpg

Next day, woke up to this view:

DSC_0705.jpg

Before leaving, I went down to the washroom to take care of the sheets. On the back of the washroom door, I found these well-worn Hickory Stripe Pointer Brand Overalls:

DSC_0713.jpg

Back in Shanghai and looking forward to trying her out:

DSC_0765-1.jpg

Been away awhile. Had a lot to get done before Christmas, and then with the going to the US for the holidays, I didn't spend a lot of time online. Now, I am back in Shanghai, and wanted to post some updates.

Racing to get back home to finish some Christmas presents before flying out:

DSC_0674.jpg

DVs taking some abuse from ebony sawdust while making razor handles:

DSC_0697.jpg

4 of the 6 razors I finished before Christmas. The Kropp was for myself (It's about 90 years old). Cow bone scales with a black ox horn wedge. Also pictured DA that I reground to a French point with Horn Scales and cow bone wedge, and 2 Ebony scaled DAs reground into spike points with bone wedges:

IMG_2584.jpg

Close up of the Kropp with 3 ebony and bones in the background. One with a DA that I reground into a barber's notch (one behind the Kropp):

IMG_2604.jpg

Back in the US. Trying to get some Christmas Shopping done. Still a bit jetlagged. The missus decided she wanted to try Cheesecake Factory after watching "Big Bang Theory". Waiting for our table. Alden 405s, Post O'Alls, BR Chambray, BR Peacoat, J. Crew Driving Cap.

IMG_2988.jpg

Heading up to the cabin for New Year's. Stopped by my Great-Grandfather's land. Now it belongs to a cousin. 700+ acres, but he won't break it up and sell any to me. I go by every time I come back home. Really want to build a cabin here for when I go home:

IMG_3019.jpg

Celebrating New Year's at the cabin in Valle Crucis, we went by the Mast General Store, but unfortunately forgot the camera. Anyway, bringing in the New Year.

IMG_3398.jpg

Next day, woke up to this view:

DSC_0705.jpg

Before leaving, I went down to the washroom to take care of the sheets. On the back of the washroom door, I found these well-worn Hickory Stripe Pointer Brand Overalls:

DSC_0713.jpg

Back in Shanghai and looking forward to trying her out:

DSC_0765-1.jpg