What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

zw0o50.jpg

Cleaned and sealed the girlfriends tiny as all get out wallies, her somets drying in the back too. i wish I could contribute to this thread more, but I don't think my tiny point and shoot could ever hold a candle to some of the great pictures that've been posted. what cameras do you guys use? any suggestions :)?

The season begins!

Being one of the largest year round greenhouse operations in NE has it's perks even though oil isn't cheap. I have been storing and taking care of all the sample plants for a company doing trade shows around me and the salesmen gave me all of them this morning after the last expo. Doesn't look like much, but considering each tray holds 98 to 324 plants that retail from .99 to 6 bucks a piece... I was stoked.:D

IMG_8766.jpg

IMG_8768.jpg

A lot of mixed trays of new hybrids.

IMG_8769.jpg

Non-stop Begonias and Geraniums.

IMG_8771.jpg

Finished transplanting the Dracaena and Fed-Ex pulled in with this.

IMG_8785.jpg

About 7,500 cuttings from Israel(Cohen Nurseries) and 12,000 from Cali(Selecta First Class).

IMG_8786.jpg

IMG_8773.jpg

Turned on the water heated rooting beds which Roofus immediately chills on. I think this is his favorite time of year.

Spent the rest of the day sticking cuttings. All by hand in 98 cell trays. Would prefer growing everything from seed, but all the good stuff now is copyrighted like media and have to come from the original vendor. Thus paying a royalty on every plant, but you get what you pay for.

IMG_8778.jpg

IMG_8783.jpg

Calibrachoa or "million bells".

IMG_8789.jpg

One of the varieties of Helichrysum.

IMG_8790.jpg

Lobelia, one of the few plants that has a true blue flower.

IMG_8777.jpg

On the heat.

IMG_8775.jpg

Cover them with newspaper for the first 72 hours or so w/ a over head water/capsule mix misting system that hits them ever 15 min during the day. Got through a quarter of the shipment and called it a day.

great post farmer...

video from Fushimi Inari...starring my wife and an old woman commenting on how tall I am.

h_3peAs-QXQ

Farmer, it still amazes me how you're able to manage your whole business so well at your age. It seems like you're the young buck out there, would you agree with this? Do people give you funny looks when you tell them that it's your farm? I always expected some 50 year old man in overalls to be the farmer type, but you're clearly the exception to this rule.

cheers...thanks. i was trying to input the whole html link and was having trouble.

and now it is not. major fail tonight...i blame it on jetlag.

Thanks, I enjoy taking the pictures. It breaks up my work day. Even if its just a quick blurry snap.

IMG_8795.jpg

Farmer, it still amazes me how you're able to manage your whole business so well at your age. It seems like you're the young buck out there, would you agree with this?

I'm over a quarter century old:) and my girlfriend helps ALOT when she is not at her "real" job. Especially with the stuff I don't like dealing with like scheduling employees and accounting.

Trying to dig out from today's snowstorm. Screw the shovel, I'm gonna need the snowblower.

32010393.jpg

Got me some good help...

28497504.jpg

...and some dogs.

65876071.jpg

Future snow cave. Almost big enough, but needs more freezing before we can carve it out.

24533019.jpg

and, WIWT.

44972768.jpg

snowblower eh? soo uneco! shovelling is much better to you and the climate!

listen to the old people.

I know, I know ( I am old, too) :) I only bust it out when we have heavy snow (3-4x a winter). Otherwise, it takes me 3 hours to break my back shoveling my long driveway and three sidewalks.

pictures v2.0, dinner edition. This meal was interesting enough to shoot the entire thing...oysters and ovary from previous post also from this meal...

had to get a photo of the masses outside of Shibuya station

4294716730_724d66cb1b_o.jpg

ate an amazing meal at this place...in the f-ing attic. being 6'5" really didn't help during this meal. mixed bag of great tempura, and lots of random animal nasty bits and innards that i was eager to try. enough Asahi and sake to make it a good night!

4294719756_973fd3f9da_o.jpg

some pate made from fish parts. creamy and good

4294723664_14591da12b_o.jpg

soup made with fresh roe, fish stock, and a bunch of stuff i don't remember

4294726308_8bce9e8389_o.jpg

tempura tripe

4294729098_89c9893e6d_o.jpg

skulls during dinner

4294732268_c1c6f5a2ed_o.jpg

wife and our friend Keiko-san

4294734000_52634c17e8_o.jpg

many more to come folks...i'm trying to edit through all 1,200 photo's i took while i was there, taking me quite a while. if the quality is shit on these it's because i'm lazy and using flikr to downsize the photos from their enormous original size, they seem to be ok though. now i'm rambling, night SUFU-ers!