dsc05976.jpg

inspired by almostnice I got this great movie together with others@ fnac

dsc05979w.jpg

the town is fully decorated and immersed in the Christmas mood

dsc05980.jpg

dsc05983m.jpg

here is where all the people come to drink and chill at night

dsc05986.jpg

strange that nobody asked me about this in the Ooe tour. The house of Juliet. It was too crowded I'll take you guys there next time...

dsc05982k.jpg

Christmas market in piazza Dante

dsc05987g.jpg

this is the house where my parents lived when I was born

dsc05998x.jpg

Pinocchio

dsc06001f.jpg

Arena and the star

dsc06003a.jpg

cortile mercato vecchio one of my favourite places

dsc06008p.jpg

we had some Brulè..hot red wine with cinnamon and spices

dsc06013.jpg

cheers from Verona see you next time!

lol this thread is awesome, by any chance does anyone know how much that is worth in us or cdn dollars? haha

Sorry guys, I should've mentioned it earlier... 100 trillion zimbabwean dollars was worth $300 USD in January but is now only worth $3 USD. That's hyperinflation for you! Same thing happened in Germany after WW1 and in China during the civil war.

I paid $4.50 for the note, but it was worth it to one up my workmate who has a 2 billion dollar note from zimbabwe.

If it's worth $300 USD I'm going back to buy some more!

Actually come to think of it, the US dollar is falling right now because the US government is printing money to fund the wars in iraq, afghanistan & the stimulus package. If I hang in there, I might be able to trade it for more than $300 USD in a couple of months :D

great pics with the dog beatle! superfuture says i must spread rep before giving it to you again.

I've had a leak bubbling up through the ground for the last week and I finally had the time when the weather was right today. Good thing, another week I'm sure the ground will be frozen. What I thought would be a quick fix turned out into a all day job.

Dug up the area with with my crawler.

IMG_02195.jpg

After a hour I found the main line.

IMG_02196.jpg

Turned out worse then I thought. The actually T split which wouldn't be a problem above ground, but when you can't move the pipe around because its six feet under ground replacing one is not fun.

IMG_02197.jpg

Anyways denim...

IMG_02200.jpg

IMG_02208.jpg

waywt in a ditch

IMG_02206.jpg

After I found out where the leak was coming from I took a break.:)

IMG_02210.jpg

Got something to eat, chilled with the dog and listen to the weather.

ADU0px-wrpE

Couldn't take pictures in the afternoon because I had to hustle before the sun went down and the temp dropped. With the main line exposed it would of froze over night so it was all business after lunch. I did take one at the end of the day though.

Mud head to toe, but job completed.:)

IMG_02213.jpg

we had some Brulè..hot red wine with cinnamon and spices

dsc06013.jpg

that sounds delicious! Is it anything like Glug? (Spelling?)

My grandparents make it on x-mas, a little tradition they picked up when living in the UK, and it's awesome: burgundy, cloves, cinnamon, some other stuff..... and I put some Grand Marnier on top:D

The trek home—this is just about an e'er day thing:

img3898.jpg

img3877bw.jpg

img3889bw.jpg

img3894bw.jpg

img3900bw.jpg

Something about New York is almost better in B&W...or maybe I just have an addiction

I just wanna recommend this blog, from Denim demon. I think it's relevant to this thread since it follows three Scandinavian tribesmen who were given new pairs of jeans to wear for six-months, as well as a bunch of other non-relevant stuff too. There are descriptions of their trials and tribulations while wearing the jeans, such as elk hunting/slaughtering resulting in blood-soaked jeans, as well as a motorcycle accident. I just like the authentic working-man aspects of it.

http://www.selectism.com/news/2008/11/05/denim-demon-jeans/

Florian, Great photos once again. can't rep but i dig the "invisible man" photo. also, I agree about the B&W, being able to render a scene devoid of color makes it timeless. (most of the time).

grouse, great link.