video games ruined my life

DüM

Just finished FFXIII and I was really disappointed at how straightforward it is. There really is a small amount of exploring, just point A to point B, but with no roaming around in between. The only way to train is to backtrack down that line. Getting lost and looking around for the answer to your objective is what this game, I felt, needed.

There are "towns" but no real exploring them. You just rush thru them like every other map. Farming and doing quests is probably the most fun aspect of this game.

Story was decent, characters were a bit bland and cliche (voice acting was pretty bad too), but, as expected, everything looks gorgeous. The worlds/environments they created are pretty damn awesome. Battle system goes back to the turn based stuff seen in FFX.

You'll probably like XIII then. I'd say don't buy the hype (is there even hype?)

Got early... Maybe Japanese? Or for 360. Been out for a minute.

Just finished FFXIII and I was really disappointed at how straightforward it is. There really is a small amount of exploring, just point A to point B, but with no roaming around in between. The only way to train is to backtrack down that line. Getting lost and looking around for the answer to your objective is what this game, I felt, needed.

There are "towns" but no real exploring them. You just rush thru them like every other map. Farming and doing quests is probably the most fun aspect of this game.

Story was decent, characters were a bit bland and cliche (voice acting was pretty bad too), but, as expected, everything looks gorgeous. The worlds/environments they created are pretty damn awesome. Battle system goes back to the turn based stuff seen in FFX.

Sounds like they totally went back to 10 through 12. That sounds like a disappointment but I'm not crazy hyped for these games anymore (tho I will be likely to pick it up within the first week simply cuz I don't touch ps3 much else for CoD).

Anyway...

PSN: GiZMOSOLiD

Not very good, working on my 2nd prestige. Don't play too often.

incob Yeah, it's a lot like X, but even more linear as HELL. I think it takes a lot out of it. No real dungeons or puzzles, no real exploring maps. You'll get lucky to find a side path that's fairly obvious and find an item.

pok^2 I've got a local shop that releases stuff 5-7 days earlier. I got mine on Thursday. Should be getting Pokemon tomorrowz. WOOP.

So...I just got this game.

Add me to live my tag is: krillzzzzz

There should be 5 z's I'm usually on late at night getting shot in the face.

So...I just got this game.

Add me to live my tag is: krillzzzzz

There should be 5 z's I'm usually on late at night getting shot in the face.

The way this reads made me laugh.

"I'm a Capricorn and I enjoy spending my weekends hiking, followed by a long, hot bath."

Fo real do, Ima look you up.

I spent most of today getting shot in the face thanks to that goddamn South-Pacific LAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.............

yup, looking so forward to pokemon (0), i'm getting heart gold

Twinsies! 3 regions is serious business. I should be getting mine on Thursday, Friday at the latest.

They're also releasing a new gen at the end of the year in Japan, so I hope that translates to us getting it this time next year.