video games ruined my life

DüM

lol not related but

I play tested Revolutions a few months ago. So fucking good, it has exactly the same feel and dynamics as the first one. Really beautiful and unique color palette even though it was just beta. For sure buying that shxt when it comes out.

i'm close to allowing myself to get excited for it on this basis

How are we not talking about deus ex: human revolution

I hope everyone is just too busy playing it

Especially with the gamestop fuckup, those bastards!

Definitely buying it asap, not sure if it's meant for PC or not though...kind of feel like I'm already pushing it with Dark souls on 360 vs. PS3, and this is a storied windows franchise right? Reviews make it sound like a mass effect 1 rebooted into a cooler setting

always thought deus ex was more of a controller type game, but

just bought a http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-100315L/dp/B0047ZGIUK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314342081&sr=8-1 and deus ex came included, so guess i'll be playing it on pc instead :D

PAX this week, expecting more d3/dota2/cs:go/etcetcetc gameplay

deus ex is some hardcore pc shit, not sure what you're talking about

honestly, so far human revolutions is everything i could have possibly hoped of a reboot today. it's just so dont-give-a-fuck-about-trends deep into story and random tangents and fleshing out the universe and multiple very-different approaches to play. i didn't think it was possible for companies to still make games like this.

sure, i have a complaint or two but they're really just blown away by how incredibly successful this game is at capturing a feeling i haven't had since playing the first deus ex all those many years ago

Been pretty MIA from this thread because most of the games out right now just aren't interesting me :(. Waiting on DOTA2/BF3/D3 etc...

In the mean time, I think everyone should pick up CS1.6! We could get some fun inhouse matches going. 75% off all CS Steam games this weekend. Gotta brush up for my skills for CS:GO (even though it looks crappy right now, I'm hoping it still makes it big in the esport scene).

Counter-Strike Complete

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/71..._7_7_151_150_1

Counter-Strike

Counter-Strike Condition Zero

Counter-Strike Source

Day of Defeat

Deathmatch Classic

Richochet

$7.49

Counter-Strike 1.6

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10..._7_7_151_150_1

$2.49

Counter-Strike Source

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24..._7_7_151_150_1

$4.99

Counter-Strike Condition Zero

http://store.steampowered.com/app/80/

$2.49

Counter-Strike Source + Garrys Mod

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/219/?snr=1_5_9__13

$6.24

started human revolution today, very interesting game.

for once jumping a storey actually nearly kills you, die within few bullets, etc.

also think it merges mechanics associated with 1st and 3rd person pretty successfully.

the only gripe i have is incredibly petty, but I don't like the warm tone throughout the game. feels like monitor is badly in need of calibration or something. but i guess it's explained by the yellow-tinted glasses jensen wears?

August

19 Xenoblade (Wii - UK)

23 Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360/PS3/PC), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)

28 Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 (NDS)

30 Madden 12 (360/PS3)

September

06 Resistance 3 (PS3), Dead Island (360/PS3/PC), Driver: San Francisco (360/PS3), Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (PS3), Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (360/PS3/PC)

09 Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)

13 God of War Origins (PS3), Bit.Trip Saga (3DS), Bit.Trip Complete (Wii), Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad (PC)

14 Trackmania 2: Canyon (PC)

19 Kirby Mass Attack (NDS), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (NDS)

20 Gears of War 3 (360), Child of Eden (PS3 version), Resident Evil 4 HD (XBL/PSN)

21 Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP)

23 F1 2011 (360/PS3/PC)

27 Team ICO HD Collection (PS3), Solatorobo: The Red Hunter (NDS), Splinter Cell HD Collection (360/PS3), Atelier Totori (PS3), Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD (XBL/PSN)

30 FIFA 12 (360/PS3)

?? NHL 12 (360/PS3), Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights (3DS), White Knight Chronicles 2 (PS3)

October

04 RAGE (360/PS3/PC), Dark Souls (360/PS3), Cursed Crusade (360/PS3/PC), Spider-Man: Edge of Time (360/PS3/Wii/NDS/3DS)

07 NBA 2K12 (360/PS3/PC)

11 Forza 4 (360), Ace Combat Assault Horizon (360/PS3), Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (360/PS3/PC)

13 Might and Magic Heroes VI (PC)

18 Batman: Arkham City (360/PS3/PC), Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (PS3)

24 Pokémon Rumble Blast (3DS), Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)

25 Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC), King of Fighters XIII (360/PS3), Dance Central 2 (360), Silent Hill: Downpour (360/PS3), House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut (PS3)

November

01 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3), Lord of the Rings: War in the North (360/PS3/PC)

08 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360/PS3/PC), Cave Story 3D (3DS)

11 Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360/PS3/PC)

13 Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

15 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (360), Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3/PC), Saints Row 3 (360/PS3/PC), Need for Speed The Run (360/PS3/PC/Wii), Rayman Origins (360/PS3/Wii/PC/3DS)Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (360/PS3)

20 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

22 Sonic Generations (360/PS3/NDS)

?? MGS HD Collection (360/PS3)

copied from neogaf

felt like this was useful

so what? ps3 users will still get ruined.

in what regard?

also curious - if we have controllers with no ADS + hardcore kill times and knifing restricted to your selected weapon/class, this is a different ball game entirely esp. if you have a bunch of leet PC players matching up against consoles.

Also, GO may come to xbox 360 in the future if Microsoft can chill out, I read in the internet paper joystiq earlier this week - basically he's still pissed about TF2 updates not being allowed to be free downloads on the then exclusive 360 orange box for tf2, and since then it's been downhill, but the future is brighter if they'll come around to the infrastructure introduced with portal 2 for example. http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/25/gabe-newell-on-xbox-live-restrictions-hope-for-steam/

And halofest was the shit today for a halo fan btw - you need to watch those videos if you're at all into the story of halo or the MM of reach.