exotic longwood skateboards... hot new board on market

New long Boards...HANDMADE boards ... check out pics... at www.longwoodskateboards.com

here's a little thing on how they are made:

Longwood skateboards are fine handcrafted exotic wood skateboards shaped and completely built locally in Saint Augustine, Florida. These boards are speciality boards, made of the finest materials in the industry.

Hardwoods like African Mahogany and Maple are plained and cut to order. These fine woods are laminated to a Baltic Birch ply with high-grade epoxies, creating a premium durable longboard that not only withstands you but most unfortunate spills it may encounter. The grip is made of glass beads, allowing the natural hardwood beauty to shine through; it also keeps you from slippin! Special marine oil based finishes give longwood decks warmer tones and help withstand weathering. All this makes for an awesome deck, which has been complimented with great trucks: the exkate torsion trucks “inventor of the torsion truckâ€. These trucks carve like no other “making one feel like they’re riding a concrete waveâ€. Add exkate's wheels, abec 7's blackshield bearings and you’ve got one hot carving vehicle.

see skateboards at website www.longwoodskateboards.com …

aloe,

www.longwoodskateboards.com

Actually, I am from St. Augustine Florida and it is one of the most conservative places in South Eastern United States, however I agree...that board sounds horrible, unless you want to hang it on a wall, I have seen some very beautiful and functional long boards made there for surfing though and they are quite nice if you got bank.

Edited by damnIam on Feb 27, 2006 at 06:16 AM

u know, i've probably been around a little longer than those on the intial postings... having skated in the mid 70's... in fact i've skated with zepher guys like jay adams and have met bob biniak... and i think they would dig these boards... maybe we should ask them... they are the hippest cats in the skating world, at the moment... i met mr biniak at a party in new york, not too long ago; got his email, somewhere around here... maybe he'll get on supertalk... that would probably give us a more hip response... living in manhattan, i do not know that much of the south; other than savanah, miami, keys and other small cities but i've been to saint augustine... and found it quite pleasant... met very forward thinking people especially downtown and at there beach... jacksonville and the rest of florida seemed sprawled... strip mall like... anyways, i'm getting off the subject , like the postings before me...

i've looked at this web site and think they're beautiful boards; and different... i'm glad to have seen it... and i wish them all the luck... i get to see alot of design and fashion in my line of work and and living in new york keeps one growing; for better or for worst... but i suggest those posters before me travel a bit or move to a more mind expanding place... hippies, from what i recall, were termed from being hip... so hippies, would be those hip to today... not yesterday. look it up... get hip... look outside ourself... fashion and design should be hip not self centered...

peace from the hood...

travel, see the world .... so u have things to compare

Quote:
<ul>[*] [*]

icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif

hey those guys don't know skating or hipness if it hit them in the head... i like st. augustine... been there once... met cool forward minded people...

seems like cool people are moving there... i meet all kinds of people living near the east village, on the lower east side... anyways, i'll spread the word on your boards... i thought they rocked..

and i skate vert, longboard and surf...

r.w.

Thanks for all the feed back, everyone. Its great for keeping things real. We are also working on some bamboo decks with silk screens and custom art work; soon to come. www.longwoodskateboards.com

ps. have u skated the bowl at the loft in chinatown, off of hester.

wonderful scene, going up there is spring; for there spring fling party. maybe i'll see u there r.w. thanks all for the feedback again. and the connection to mr. b.

aloe,

www.longwoodskateboards.com

I have lived in St. Augie and Jax. grew up surfing and skating (KONA, I just dated myself) there and lifeguarded both beaches (American Red Cross Lifeguard corp for years) so I know boards and for fucks sake don't tell people here to read and travel more, these are some of the most well traveled people around judging from their posts and they definately know that being hip and being a hippee is not the same thing regardless of the era. That being said, I don't care for the boards...SORRY! Being hip seems to be about being accepted and perceived as cool or on the edge of trends, being a hippee is about revolution and change and rejection of social norms. Two separate thing in my opinion.

Edited by damnIam on Feb 28, 2006 at 07:43 AM

Quote:

im in jax, and st augustine is much less conservitive than here, and im just biased because ive been skating for so long on a regular board

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Feb 27, 2006 09:37 AM

If you are in Jax. then you know the entire city is run by the Baptist church and that it is one of the most conservative places in the United States. St. Augustine, comparatively, is less conservative, agreed. However, St. Augustine is run by the old guard so to speak, and is in constant flux due to the battle between its tourist status vs. it's historical status (specifically which view deserves the most tax dollars). St. Augustine is very conservative when compared to city of comparable size in South Florida.

seems like longwood's comment was refering to the term hippie as kind of in appropriate... i'm not sure if u got that?... but i don't think anyone is knocking your grounds... kona's a great old park... so is the bowl in chinatown ( i've been to that party.) ... traveling does broaden the mind, though (as long as you don't just stay in a surf camp or compound) ...

r.w.

Quote:

"hey those guys don't know skating or hipness if it hit them in the head"

well... ive been skating for over 12 years, so i think i know a bit about it

"... i like st. augustine... been there once... met cool forward minded people..."

i like it too... ive been there many times since i live only 30 min away. there are cool people, and there are "hippies" too

my initial post ment no offense. i personally dont like longboards, and i was giving my opinion. to longwood, best of luck finding your market, im not sure this is the place tho, since this is the first ever longboard post ive seen.

denim is the new crack

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Feb 28, 2006 at 11:12 AM