edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

^ anything black coated does that.. even expensive PVD and shiet wears off. my titanium money clip wore off, my 'matte black' sharbo wore off, my black coolhook also has wear on the split ring.. this is one of the reasons why i stopped going for murdered out stuff.

^ anything black coated does that.. even expensive PVD and shiet wears off. my titanium money clip wore off, my 'matte black' sharbo wore off, my black coolhook also has wear on the split ring.. this is one of the reasons why i stopped going for murdered out stuff.

this is why i get murdered out stuff :)

For anyone who owns a KOR, how do you transport it about if you are using a backpack? My binder+netbook already take up much of the compartment of my backpack, already adding much bulk. Damn backpack I bought does not have a bottle holster even though it probably would not even fit the KOR water bottle. Haven't really looked much into the paracord pouch but even then, where to latch onto my backpack w/o having to be careful when sitting/taking off with the small chance of it being banged up e.g. it would look weird tying my water bottle close to the top of my bag or else it will impact first if sitting lower. Or am I just stuck with holding the KOR in my hand whilst communicating through buildings etc. ?

edit: works well when i use my tote but i much prefer a backpack in the long run, more compartment space for other various EDC. another solution is perhaps looking into another backpack:mad::eek:

yea true story at least the black has nice contrast with the orange-ish tones (no idea how the nickel coated one would wear down). I'll post an update of all my stuff when I get my camera back and all that good stuff.

I remove the entire keyhook or carabiner from my belt loop and leave it permanently attached to my keys at all times. I thought that's what everyone does...

If I am understanding correctly do you take the split ring off the keyhook every time you need them?

no, I do what you do, take off the entire keyhook. I guess maybe because it's new, or I'm just an idiot, but it seems like I actually have to think about it when trying to rehook it onto my belt loop, whereas with my old one, it became second nature just pushing the lever to clip it on to the loop (i forget what they are called, but the thing was falling apart and so pretty unreliable) I wanted a way to remove the car keys and the apartment keys quickly and put them back on quickly given that I'm using them all the time

would anyone recommend a durable quick-release solution for keys when attached to a keyhook? before buying It, I didnt realize it would be such a hassle to remove and put back on every time

What about the Victorinox coupling quick-release thingamajiggy?

http://www.google.com/search?&q=victorinox+coupling#q=victorinox+coupling&hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&biw=1440&bih=682&tbs=shop:1,p_ord:p&prmd=ivns&ei=hfxSTeWAIIrEsAOGxpjHBg&ved=0CAoQuw0oAQ&fp=3652203fe9ed933e

Ok, here's my first pocket dump contribution. Hope it's not too derivative. Sun's finally out which is great (and cold) but sorry about the shadows. I only carry one folder, but had the other in the bag today.

IMG_1082.jpg

-Keys w/ Fenix E01 & old SAK (not sure which model, but has scissors. Want to swap for one w/ bottle opener

-Billykirk zip wallet (10 months in)

-PD20

-Ambitious (new EDC; wanted to try a slightly smaller folder)

-Pilot Precise (left my old Lamy in a coat I need to track down)

-CRKT B.U.L.L

-Zippo tape measure (been using it recently for projects, so it's EDC right now, but not all the time)

-Hill-side bandana (20 months in. Kinda just want a pocket square, since these are bigger than I really need)

Pic w/ iPhone 3G. Upgrade date is in April. I'll be excited for the nicer camera.