edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

what is it that i need to explain?

The strider SMF has a much thicker blade and while they are both full flat ground, the thickness of the strider makes it less capable for delicate, precise cuts

the spyderco blade is still 4mm thick, but its long clip point style blade plus the full flat grind makes it a slicing machine - sharper

Any Manix 2 users out there? I've carried a Foliage Green G10/VG-10 Dragonfly daily for six months and it's perfect to always have on hand, but I need something with a little more oomph from time to time. I'm looking at the Manix 2 or the Foliage Green G10/FFG VG-10 Delica -- but think that's probably too similar to the Dragonfly.

The standard Manix 2 looks like incredible value.

you should definitely either go with the CTS-XHP manix or the s90v version which i think is avail at grand prairie knives

both are great steels - i think the xhp might be easier to sharpen but YMMV

what is it that i need to explain?

The strider SMF has a much thicker blade and while they are both full flat ground, the thickness of the strider makes it less capable for delicate, precise cuts

the spyderco blade is still 4mm thick, but its long clip point style blade plus the full flat grind makes it a slicing machine - sharper

Good luck sharpening it ;)

Posting here as well, since many of yous might actually be handy and can figure out this situation...

Little bike lock key predicament...

My kid lost my keys, one chain lock, one U-lock, both attached to the same key ring. I have two spares for the U, and one for the chain.

Except for...

The chain lock doesn't have a keygrip or whatever that shit's called. It's just the key rod.

What I'm asking is...

A) Has anyone been able to get a bike key, copied?

B) Does anyone have/have seen a makeshift grippy thingy?

Yes, I seen all the Leatherman Micro key holders, which I would want, but don't have the time or tools to make one.

Is anyone using a good pencil case / small pouch inside their main bag? I'm using a pretty good 'zipper bag' from acontinuouslean but need another now.to hold random shit.

I use a Muji leather pencil pouch that fits just about everything I need for class. Non-stop compliments on it.

dsc0001mh.jpg

dsc0006to.jpg

From top to bottom,

Moisturizer from a united flight

Lamy Safari as my primary pen

Zebra permanent pen and marker

Pilot V-Corn as a backup

Zebra Sarasa in red and blue 0.5mm

Sakura Micron

Aluminum ruler

S2s are rare right now so i say these are sprint runs like the warm whites/ti etc. r5s will be sticking around for a little while i think. if u dont have an R5 yet now might be a good time to jump

goinggear has them for a little cheaper + 10% off with autumn10 and free shipping on orders over 50 bucks

i will personally wait til something like S5 or T2 because I am too attached to my titanium r5.

7% efficiency over R5, meaning the S2 will be about 7% brighter. this may seem negligible but 7% of max R5 flux bin is still enough. note that 4sevens is uing ANSI ratings for their numbers now, so they will have underreported otf lumens

well in my experience i've gone through lots of upgrades and emitters

i say if you're going to be using this light potentially every day, and you want the most capable tool during an emergency, spend more. plus you will not have the lingering 'what if' feeling because you are confident your light is the brightest available, aka no upgraditis.

im sure an S2 on an RCR123a would screaaaaam out the front. the r5 is already very very impressive.