edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I have a Milano stiletto, it says Milano right above the release.

http://www.knives4wholesale.com/NEW_ARRIVALS-MILANO_Italian_Style_Stiletto_BK.html

(i wouldn't order from this website though, they have bad reviews)

but super strong action and a solid knife.

if you wanna spend a little more...go with a frank beltrame knife.

I've tried to order from BladePlay, but it asks if you're an officer or a knife dealer, and of course I'm not gonna lie.

What happens if I do????

@solix, naisu. pouch is for fresh s95 right?

brad: ya nerd. of course youll jump into 123s. MOAR LUMENZ

stunt: what are you gonna use the stiletto for?

35: here is visual aid: rogers.jpg for those who dunno

I sharpened my Mini-Grip for the first time using the mousepad and sandpaper method, it seems kind of like overkill to spend $50 on the Sharpmaker when I only own one knife. Got the edge sharp enough to shave hairs in about 30 minutes so I'm pretty satisfied, I recommend people give it a try before dropping money on a pro sharpening system unless you really need one.

okay fellow edc'ers. sad times.

just after midnight this past friday i was talking to a friend of mine on facebook when it became apparent to me that something was wrong. my friend had taken a number of pills in order to end her own life. I called her to get her address as she lives very close to me in the city and headed over immediately arriving around 10 mins later and could not get a response from phone or door buzzer. after some time of calling yelling outside and banging on windows and flashing my light through windows tthe building manager called my number back. i informed her that it was an emergency and she was skeptic said she would call my friend and get back to me. she didnt ten mins later i called her back and insisted on coming in or i would break in. she had her husband come out and meet me. i ran upstairs and began knocking on her apartment door. when it became clear she could not respond i called 911. they arrived within 10 mins. she was DOA and they could not bring her back. she was 25.

this has been a horrible few days for me. i spoke to her mother for the first time over the phone within 10 mins of her being notified. today i met her mother and sisters and uncle who drove down from her hometown in michigan 7 hours to pack and move her belongings from her apt. i helped them move everything.

the moral of this story. the reasons i want to share.

dont ever take a threat or conceived threat of suicide lightly.

ALWAYS ALWAYS call 911 right away. no matter what.

keep your phone charged and get as much info about your friends as possible. maybe even keep a ton of info on a smaller flash drive or email it to yourself so you can search your mail from phone.

BUY a prybar today or tommorrow. i could have used this to gain access to the building or her apt. and honestly fuck damages because we are talking about saving lives here.

get some sort of cpr certification as soon as possible.

call 911 right away. be specific, and calm.

keep track of time.

and maybe the most important thing. if anyone you know is going through something keep an eye on them. call them all the time, text them, listen and listen actively.

okay fellow edc'ers. sad times.

just after midnight this past friday i was talking to a friend of mine on facebook when it became apparent to me that something was wrong. my friend had taken a number of pills in order to end her own life. I called her to get her address as she lives very close to me in the city and headed over immediately arriving around 10 mins later and could not get a response from phone or door buzzer. after some time of calling yelling outside and banging on windows and flashing my light through windows tthe building manager called my number back. i informed her that it was an emergency and she was skeptic said she would call my friend and get back to me. she didnt ten mins later i called her back and insisted on coming in or i would break in. she had her husband come out and meet me. i ran upstairs and began knocking on her apartment door. when it became clear she could not respond i called 911. they arrived within 10 mins. she was DOA and they could not bring her back. she was 25.

this has been a horrible few days for me. i spoke to her mother for the first time over the phone within 10 mins of her being notified. today i met her mother and sisters and uncle who drove down from her hometown in michigan 7 hours to pack and move her belongings from her apt. i helped them move everything.

the moral of this story. the reasons i want to share.

dont ever take a threat or conceived threat of suicide lightly.

ALWAYS ALWAYS call 911 right away. no matter what.

keep your phone charged and get as much info about your friends as possible. maybe even keep a ton of info on a smaller flash drive or email it to yourself so you can search your mail from phone.

BUY a prybar today or tommorrow. i could have used this to gain access to the building or her apt. and honestly fuck damages because we are talking about saving lives here.

get some sort of cpr certification as soon as possible.

call 911 right away. be specific, and calm.

keep track of time.

and maybe the most important thing. if anyone you know is going through something keep an eye on them. call them all the time, text them, listen and listen actively.

Your username is TylerDurden. I hope I'm not getting massively trolled, but I'm sorry about what happened man. I've been put in similar situations before and it's difficult to know at what point can you break the rules.

That's a horrible story Tyler, sorry to hear it. I think the saddest thing about suicide is that the people commiting it never realize what pain they cause the people they leave behind. Such a selfish thing to do...

mousepad + sandpaper gives you a convex edge.

You say it like this is a bad thing? From everything I've read a convex edge is easier to maintain, stays sharp longer, and is better suited for the kinds of EDC stuff we do (as opposed to a hunting or kitchen knife).

L91s probably give you slightly better performance but I think the best value for AAs are Sanyo Eneloops or Duracell brand Duraloops (rebranded eneloops).

what exactly are you looking in your battery?