edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Hey DChill, I have the mini barrage, and it's a great blade. Then again, the Lum design is really nice... Hard to go wrong with a Benchmade. I think it will come down to personal aesthetics..

the dejavoo is nice, but the blade retention is kind of bad. from my experience, you could tighten the pivot, but you wouldn't get that nice, smooth deployment. it's tip-down carry only anyway, so it'd be safest if you carryed it in your right back pocket. front pocket is okay, too, but i wouldn't...

2006 WRX wagon here.

i hope wrx doesn't become the next ss cricket/bronze hook/chris_n's triangle/mini-griptilian/mini123

kenthenoob what's your thoughts on the mini-barrage? I'd like to carry it in my front pocket so that kinda rules out the dejavoo.

what? how does that rule out the deja. i carry a deja in my front right pocket just fine.

these two are totally different knives.

barrage

-thumb stud

-drop point

-assisted (can't close with one hand)

-tip up

-154cm (i think)

-valox handles

-axis lock

deja

-round hole

-slightly longer blade. 1/4 in longer

-almost full flat grind

-manual

-tip down

-s30v

-g10 handles

-liner lock

i use a 585 as a beater knife. my 745 is more of a gentleman's knife. although it could very well survive as a hard use knife.

jonle714, kenthenoob said since it was tip-down carry only he didn't really recommend the front pocket. I think I'm likin' the drop point design of the barrage anyway.

oh...

why? i never had any problem with it. drop some knowledge on me kennethnob. (0)

i find myself very tempted to buy a $62 bottle opener necklace.....WTF is wrong with me?

lol is that the one on that fuckyeahexpensivedesignerbottleopeners tumblr? :P

but naw if some people havent seen it yet,

http://everydaycarry.tumblr.com/

is where i post a lot of stuff that doesn't fit the current topic of discussion in this thread.

:|

lol is that the one on that fuckyeahexpensivedesignerbottleopeners tumblr? :P

but naw if some people havent seen it yet,

http://everydaycarry.tumblr.com/

is where i post a lot of stuff that doesn't fit the current topic of discussion in this thread.

:|

My EDC doesn't change that much as it's pretty much perfection for me right now. And since when is talking about knives not fit into the EDC threak?

I might make up a small first aid kit soon though to carry with me.

kenthenoob what's your thoughts on the mini-barrage? I'd like to carry it in my front pocket so that kinda rules out the dejavoo.

i think i could answer this question. since well, i've owned a mini-barrage and put it through hell. and my friend recently picked up a mini-dejavoo.

i don't see why you wouldn't be able to carry a dejavoo in your front pocket... in fact, the pocket clip is a lot better at concealed carry since barely any of knife shows when it's in your pocket.

i did like the 585's assisted opening but not being able to close it with just a flick is kind of a pain. i would end up using a tree or something to close it if my other hand was busy. on the other hand, i hate liner locks when the axis lock is far superior in my opinion.

they're very similar knives when comparing the two side by side. there are a lot of minor differences but it's basically down to...

auto-axis vs liner lock

s30v vs 154cm

and whichever is more comfortable. the 585 is a tad bit smaller at 4.00 inches closed and i never liked the grip on it. the pocket clip was always in the way of my ring and pinky finger. the 745 is a tad bit longer and the way it feels in my hand is fantastic. it's really down to personal preference at this point.

My EDC doesn't change that much as it's pretty much perfection for me right now. And since when is talking about knives not fit into the EDC threak?

I might make up a small first aid kit soon though to carry with me.

51CY9PHZXSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

this fixes about 90% of injuries i've encountered on a daily basis. it stings a bit but boy is it effective.

^ nice, blogged that.

btw, my mom sent me this email from some fire department in redlands/loma linda area cuz of the recent earthquakes..

"Make sure you have a good flashlight in your car, and a good flashlight TAPED to the side of your bed. In case of a night quake, you will not be able to safely go and "find" a flashlight in the dark and possible rubble. Remember no candles or matches until you are sure there are no gas leaks in your home, or the area."

lol, these noobs don't need to TAPE a light to their bed, just cop a light w/ anti roll functionality and tritium/glow powder on/in it somewhere..

You never know when you'll need it type of deal...

I came across that spare cr123 holder <aka> pill fob about two weeks ago it fits perfectly in there. Had to have the black of course.

i've never handled a barrage.

oh...

why? i never had any problem with it. drop some knowledge on me kennethnob. (0)

it's my personal preference. i feel kind of irrrrrrrrrrky carrying loose tip-downs anywhere close to my jewels.

**i ain't riskin' anything. :(

look what came in today:

15n8t9w.jpg