edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

you like that peck huh? I'm about to order a kiss I think.

I used to carry a KISS. Just keep in mind this can NOT do any severe cutting. Cutting a box is the pure limit and even then, it would need a re-sharpening afterward. Also, It does not come razor sharp. :(

If you want no side to side blade play, you have to sacrifice some smoothness in the opening of the knife.

On the plus side, it's reaaaaaally easy to carry around, reeeeeeally easy to open and close (not benchmade speed but decent) and if you keep doing light tasks with it, it will keep an edge (of course...).

Overall, if you want a small knife that will do easy EDC tasks, go for it.

If you're looking to push your knife once in a while, I'd suggest looking for a full bodied blade since if you were to force hard on the half bodied blade, you push on the frame lock which can cause the blade to fold back onto your fingers...

Let me know if you want any more info!

those kor one bottles look pretty nice, but can anyone recommend something that's 1L or more?

I ordered a Klean Kanteen wide-mouth 27oz after two years of owning a Nalgene, and I love it. It's made out of food-grade stainless steel (so no weird plastic liner like aluminum bottles) AND the inside of the cap is stainless steel too. So 100% steel environment, no metal flavor, no weird plastic dioxins that give you ball cancer.

They make a 40oz and a 64oz too, which would suit your requirement. I highly recommend this product. It might not be one-handed opening, but I definitely wouldn't trade mine back for my old Nalgene. Make sure you order the wide-mouth, because by default they come with the stainless-inner caps.

k40wsslcartpreview.jpg

by the way, the threads are on the outside, and the mouth is nowhere as wide as this picture would lead you to believe. This pic is of the 40oz version...

That toothbrush is awesome.

I LOVE my peck. I put a convex edge on it and it's super sharp. I dont like the KISS because I generally hate tanto blades, and I think you sacrifice a lot of usefulness over the peck and its blade shape.

I want to stop using my trigger hook and switch it up. Was thinking of like a open hook, sort of like the copper ones or the flathead one, but I'm paranoid that it would fall off.

I'm thinking of using one of my climbing carabiners, but It's pretty big, and doesn't have key retention (the key ring could possibly fall off) thinking of maybe doing a paracord wrap so it would stay in place.

OR.

I could buy something like the Kershaw Carabiner Knife Tool. Id love to have another blade, and a bottle opener, as well as two screwdrivers. If only it was sawtooth/full serrated. Also want to make brane jealous for dat all black.

I'm leaning toward the Kershaw right now, any suggestions?

Shitty $2 trigger hook

squareeyetriggerhookskee.jpg

Gnar black diamond biner

blackdiamondscrewgateca.jpg

Kershaw

31ttaqrs27lsl500aa300.jpg

I'm thinking of using one of my climbing carabiners, but It's pretty big, and doesn't have key retention (the key ring could possibly fall off) thinking of maybe doing a paracord wrap so it would stay in place.

blackdiamondscrewgateca.jpg

I've been using a climbing biner for about 3 years with no issues.

was shopping at costco today and came across these,

4444379329_d7632a2e71.jpg

for $15 I figured I would try them out.

4444379573_4a1708884f.jpg

next to EZ 123

4445150540_90e67db51d.jpg

low power

4444379899_7932479896.jpg

full power

4445150960_309b1d52ca.jpg

EZ 123 full power

4444380031_6bf5478682.jpg

costco lights full power

I am pretty impressed with them, not the bomb but pretty good for the price.

I'll probably just keep one in the car and one at the apt.

pondered picking those costco lights up for a couple of weeks now, but decided against them because of the 3xAAA and battery drain. On CPF someone said the batteries self drained in a week. Probably because of that battery indicator light.

If the battery situation was different, and the drain wasnt as bad I wouldve picked them up over a month ago.

Kershaw

31ttaqrs27lsl500aa300.jpg

I carry one very similar to the Kershaw carabiner. The knife gets dull fast. So I just use it for whenever I need a simple thing to cut. Blade has lots of play after a month or so. Bottle opener does not work well at all. Using the Phillips head and flathead are really awkward since it opens fully at an angle when holding the carabiner.

Shitty $2 trigger hook

If you go with these, make sure they're not too shitty. I used these first and the spring got so weak that it'd only "return" about two-thirds of the way against gravity after a while. I thought whatever of it and then my keys fell off.

@35percent I have the Kershaw mini biner and it's pretty nice, but prefer using this guy now:

49ACB43E4D3001ABE1008000AC193D36.JPG

If you wear a belt, you should try it out. So much better than a carabiner.

this looks sharp, where can i get one?

@35percent I have the Kershaw mini biner and it's pretty nice, but prefer using this guy now:

http://www.officeworks.com.au/ims_docs/49/49ACB43E4D3001ABE1008000AC193D36.JPG[/iM G]

If you wear a belt, you should try it out. So much better than a carabiner.

I always wear a belt. I'll be looking for one of those this weekend. I just finally got fed up of using the trigger.

I carry one very similar to the Kershaw carabiner. The knife gets dull fast. So I just use it for whenever I need a simple thing to cut. Blade has lots of play after a month or so. Bottle opener does not work well at all. Using the Phillips head and flathead are really awkward since it opens fully at an angle when holding the carabiner.

I read some reviews, and everyone complained about the same things. I wish it was designed and built better.

If you go with these, make sure they're not too shitty. I used these first and the spring got so weak that it'd only "return" about two-thirds of the way against gravity after a while. I thought whatever of it and then my keys fell off.

I got one at a hardware store and have been using it for 5 years without any problems, works great still I just want to switch it up a bit.

That belt clip is good I have one laying around somewhere, but keep going back to my carabiner, been using one for so many years I can't even remember... i was thinking about how it's slimmed down lately since I don't like making too much noise. I was also trying to come up with something (besides that rubber dip shit stuff) to make the keys make almost no noise when I walk with them....

I bought one of those key clips that Wild Style suggested for $6 at a hardware store, hopefully I'll like it.

I carry my wallet in my left back pocket, and I tuck my keys in my right back pocket so they don't jangle all over the place and get snagged on stuff. My leatherman is now on my left hip. You can also see my Spyderco Assist clipped IWB if you look closely. I'm doing an updated video this weekend if I have time.

picture1jt.png