edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I was making napalm and blowing up action figures with IEDs when I was 12 and I turned out fine. Carried a SAK since I was 10 with a mini LED light on it, a 3" serrated spyderco and a surefire light when I was 15. I didn't whip it our in school (private school so i carried) and was mature, and my teachers knew i had it and would ask my to borrow it, it wasn't a problem.

I shoot AR15s and AKs with teenagers, and would trust them with a firearm over some adults. Let the kid stab some water bottles with a bayonet and have some fun.

I was making napalm and blowing up action figures with IEDs when I was 12 and I turned out fine. Carried a SAK since I was 10 with a mini LED light on it, a 3" serrated spyderco and a surefire light when I was 15. I didn't whip it our in school (private school so i carried) and was mature, and my teachers knew i had it and would ask my to borrow it, it wasn't a problem.

I shoot AR15s and AKs with teenagers, and would trust them with a firearm over some adults. Let the kid stab some water bottles with a bayonet and have some fun.

Apologies if I wasn't clear with my point, but I wasn't referring to bladespec with my comment. It's the "some adults" that I'm worried about. Not the ones who lovingly contribute to the thread, but some 15 year old lurker, whose already got his raw denim and now needs his knife.

Yes, I'm actually/probably profiling America based of what I see on the internet/tumblr/SuFu. EDC inspired ad layouts, etc. By god, I hope it doesn't happen, as I love the idea. There's just the potential for the idea it to get crazy (Urban Outfitters flashlights and knives) or find the lap of someone who possibly is.

Then again, that's just a lot of paranoia, in which case, it's a lot like worrying about the zombie apocalypse. Best be prepared.

Apologies if I wasn't clear with my point, but I wasn't referring to bladespec with my comment. It's the "some adults" that I'm worried about. Not the ones who lovingly contribute to the thread, but some 15 year old lurker, whose already got his raw denim and now needs his knife.

Yes, I'm actually/probably profiling America based of what I see on the internet/tumblr/SuFu. EDC inspired ad layouts, etc. By god, I hope it doesn't happen, as I love the idea. There's just the potential for the idea it to get crazy (Urban Outfitters flashlights and knives) or find the lap of someone who possibly is.

Then again, that's just a lot of paranoia, in which case, it's a lot like worrying about the zombie apocalypse. Best be prepared.

I think your perspective is sort of out of whack, because on a given day I will see maybe one person with a knife on them, and that usually if in a hardware store or something. The majority of dudes aren't carrying blades and lights.

EDC makes up a very small portion of Americans.

I think your perspective is sort of out of whack, because on a given day I will see maybe one person with a knife on them, and that usually if in a hardware store or something. The majority of dudes aren't carrying blades and lights.

EDC makes up a very small portion of Americans.

I don't have any friends that carry knives. They seem more afraid of it. When I let them handle one of my knives they hold it like they're holding a dead bird and usually hand it back after they discover they have no idea how to close it.

Not many average people make the conscious decision to just start carrying a knife one day unless they have actually found a need for one or have been formally introduced to them by a friend, parent, etc.

I don't have any friends that carry knives. They seem more afraid of it. When I let them handle one of my knives they hold it like they're holding a dead bird and usually hand it back after they discover they have no idea how to close it.

Not many average people make the conscious decision to just start carrying a knife one day unless they have actually found a need for one or have been formally introduced to them by a friend, parent, etc.

Hahahaha, at my school they grab it, cut the fuck out of things for like 20 minutes (mechanical technicians lol) and the try to close it for a good minute and fail miserably. I then take it back before they cut themselves.

Especially funny that I sharpen my knives down to a ridiculous edge and they just throw paper in the air and slice it in half amazed and laughing hard.

Hahahaha, at my school they grab it, cut the fuck out of things for like 20 minutes (mechanical technicians lol) and the try to close it for a good minute and fail miserably. I then take it back before they cut themselves.

Especially funny that I sharpen my knives down to a ridiculous edge and they just throw paper in the air and slice it in half amazed and laughing hard.

Think i've only had one friend cut themselves while playing with one of my knives. Was with my CRKT Fulcrum. Quite a mystery to open that one. Didnt even notice he had cut himself until a couple minutes after I had taken the knife back.

Think i've only had one friend cut themselves while playing with one of my knives. Was with my CRKT Fulcrum. Quite a mystery to open that one. Didnt even notice he had cut himself until a couple minutes after I had taken the knife back.

Indeed Hawaii's lack of any style and (hip) culture can sometimes be a blessing. It's quite easy to look pretty decent when everyone else just wears t-shirts and shorts.

Although I wouldn't mind knives being less taboo.. but then again that would mean even more high school pinoys carrying. dunno.

Indeed Hawaii's lack of any style and (hip) culture can sometimes be a blessing. It's quite easy to look pretty decent when everyone else just wears t-shirts and shorts.

Although I wouldn't mind knives being less taboo.. but then again that would mean even more high school pinoys carrying. dunno.

over the past year i've noticed at UCI asian hypebeasts in their raw denim with pocket clipped knives. i saw a kid with one pocket clip on each of his back pockets. fresh selvage cuff too.

over the past year i've noticed at UCI asian hypebeasts in their raw denim with pocket clipped knives. i saw a kid with one pocket clip on each of his back pockets. fresh selvage cuff too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean

just purchased my first Greyhound bus ticket for a camping excursion with my best friend in Oklahoma. He proceeded to tell me about this story and now Im feeling pretty paranoid. I wouldnt feel so paranoid if I could legally carry on the bus for self defense. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to edc some chainmail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean

just purchased my first Greyhound bus ticket for a camping excursion with my best friend in Oklahoma. He proceeded to tell me about this story and now Im feeling pretty paranoid. I wouldnt feel so paranoid if I could legally carry on the bus for self defense. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to edc some chainmail.

Do what I do, illegally carry. Keep your knife IWB on either side of your hip, just in front of your pack pocket, the clip is hidden by your belt/shirt and you can get to it easily too.