edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I have an honest question. And im not trying to be a smart ass or a dick.

Why do so many people carry fancy looking notebooks/moleskins/pencil rolls etc?

Do people actually use these for work/school or is just the "cool thing" to carry around?

Just something I have been curious about for a while...

I understand that. I carry around an Embassy or at bare min a space pen. But im talking $150 leather pouches/rolls with all kinds of fancy pens, pencils, sharpeners and erasers and fancy leather notebooks. Again, not bashing just curious if we have THAT many engineers/architects on here of if its one of those things were one kid is going to engineer school and posts his fancy stuff and then the next thing you know 10 people in the thread are walking around with $300 in writing utensils.

My buddy actually has one year left of engineer school and still only carries a cheap ass pencil and a bic pen. To each there own I guess...

BTW, Where the hell are the pictures of all the new gear 35?

I was asked in an interview pretty much "why the Sharbo X?" I really advocated the Sharbo X as an EDC pen but it was because it satisfied my needs as a student engineer. It costs about $60 to put one together more or less, so it's kind of expensive -- yet since I got mine I've seen their presence in pocket dumps skyrocket… I'm pretty sure these people don't have the same use for it as I do, but bottom line it's a great writing tool and maybe people just want a good pen… I have a drafting pencil but I'm not a designer/architect etc. Some features and mechanics of these higher end pens translate into ideal EDC characteristics and so on.

I guess it's kind of a mix between 'hype' and spending money for better quality/better writing experiences even if it's not entirely needed, but bottom line is they're still upping their pen game… iono. EDC theorycrafting :\

When I was architecture classes in high school I had about $150 worth of pencils and stuff in a case my Dad gave to me. Some people just like nice stuff.

And I have bronchitis and have been trying to sell some miscellaneous stuff I have. I'll have pictures later today though!

how do you go about buying bark river knives?

and also, called and spoke to rob orlando about an xm-18..none til july

going to get aother cf/s90 para2

bark river knives are beauutiful

Indeed, probably buying that one this week.

That Thrunite looks good..

I like it a lot so far, great construction and easy to use all the modes.

how do you go about buying bark river knives?

and also, called and spoke to rob orlando about an xm-18..none til july

going to get aother cf/s90 para2

Best place to find what you're looking for usually...

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/index.php?cPath=465

TIK just don't give a ffffuuucccck, i guess.

TIK don't give a fuck, TIK does what he wants.

Don't you have 3 customs on their way? lol...

this is correct but from what i know the ETA on my Kendrick is going to be at least another 6 months

the kingdom armory one i have no idea as i cant get a hold of dave at the moment

and then the RJ Martin Transfusion should be ready by August

so im hoping by the time these clear (with the RJ being first) that i'll have the funds for a hinderer this summer haha

i need to step my gun game up

Again, not bashing just curious if we have THAT many engineers/architects on here of if its one of those things were one kid is going to engineer school and posts his fancy stuff and then the next thing you know 10 people in the thread are walking around with $300 in writing utensils.

I'm a senior chemical engineering major, and my university requires that all work be written on engineering paper... which is essentially fancy graph paper.

I'm not trying to come across as a dick, but most of the work I do is comprised of pages upon pages of handwritten text. A small handheld notebook just isn't gonna do the trick. It may suffice as a daily planner, but for me it'd be useless for actual "work."

I've tried to get in the fancy pen/pencil game, and it just hasn't worked out for me. Most (all) of my stuff is written in pencil, and I honestly cannot find one I like better than a mechanical BIC with 0.7 mm lead.... This isn't saying that I won't keep looking for one though!