Heavy, rough, raw denim

wing_nutone

on a semi-related note, does anyone know of a somewhat reliable way to estimate denim weight after the fact? like, say, i have a pair of jeans that are old favorites, and i like the weight of the denim... is there a way to measure threads per inch - or something along those lines - and be able to say, "these jeans are made of 15.5oz denim, approximately?"

i've got the samurai 19oz and the sd-103's

the sda's are somewhat heavy and stiff but not rough at all

haven't seen the iron heart in person

while they are heavier from what i've heard they're much softer and smoother

samurai 19oz are extremely rough and stiff

so are the different 17oz models they have

starch them and they stay that way

I also just got myself a pair of duckdigger 1900's.

Single back pocket, back strap'n'suspenders' buttons, soo slubby its rough, but the denim is much lighter than the 15oz sd denim.

I got these as "Deadstock" from the showcase in an extremely cool thrift store in small town in southern japan. I'm not sure how old they are, as I can find very little info on the 1900's, it doesn't actually say 1900 on it but I think I've figured out thats what they are.

I have a pair of the Ironhearts 21Oz Selvedge. Awesome jeans. The denim is quality!

Edit.. can post pics if required. think there are a couple of my old threads with the pics in.

I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

Edited by Guy H on Feb 27, 2006 at 08:42 AM

Edited by Guy H on Feb 27, 2006 at 08:43 AM

I'll sort some pics over the next couple of days. They are not showing much wear yet though. a bit round the crotch, back pockets etc but that's about it.

so those ironhearts are more of a slim cut? do you mean like a 501 or even slimmer or are they just not baggy?

i'm thinking of getting a pair of them but the waste measurments offered on their site show that the 30s are actaully 30 inches and i measured a pair of nudies i have that are 29 and the inner measuremeunt is 32 inches, strange...

can anyone post pictures of what these look like worn? thanks... i did a search couldn't find anything.

Guest Guy H
Quote:

so those ironhearts are more of a slim cut? do you mean like a 501 or even slimmer or are they just not baggy?

i'm thinking of getting a pair of them but the waste measurments offered on their site show that the 30s are actaully 30 inches and i measured a pair of nudies i have that are 29 and the inner measuremeunt is 32 inches, strange...

can anyone post pictures of what these look like worn? thanks... i did a search couldn't find anything.

--- Original message by sbrguy on Mar 1, 2006 08:47 AM

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

Those where the first pair I got of 34's that I had changed for a size 36. Ironheart.co.uk have the actual sizes on their site and it's really useful. I had one of the first pairs in the Uk from there before the site was running.

Edited by Guy H on Mar 1, 2006 at 08:57 AM

Guest Guy H

these are the 36's on..... awaits piss take for the pics! icon_smile_blush.gificon_smile_big.gif

got them a bit too high here but only just pulled them on so don't read too much into it...

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

Edited by Guy H on Mar 1, 2006 at 09:02 AM

Edited by Guy H on Mar 1, 2006 at 09:03 AM

Guest Guy H

Detail