m65-- brands?

dystaind

i recommend the h&m m65. i have it in black and even though the material is just so so, the fit and cut are just right. i happen to like the shortness of it and the smaller pockets that look "cut off" give it a certain edge. the stiching isn't the greatest, but still decent and solid. when i first got it, many threads were sticking out, but nothing some snipping with a pair of scissors couldn't take care of.

my only complaint, the roughness of the canvas material gets marked up really easily and picks up lint. i suppose if i were less anal i could wear it like it was meant to get dirty and worn looking fast, but i love a good solid black jacket. i was thinking of maybe scotch gaurding it. does anyone have experience with using this stuff? would like to know if anyone has tips on doing it right and what to expect.

here is my gap one i bought last year for 15 bux. it retails for 90 and i didnt see a whole lot of these jackets at gap. this one is waterproof and doesnt have a lot of filling so its kind of a light jacket.

DSC01099.JPG

DSC01100.JPG

DSC01101.JPG

dj flame: i get the feeling it's not water proof, at the least the ones in black. the olive ones maybe though. they felt a little more like there was nylon in the material but i could be wrong.

pok pok: i always liked that jacket and regreted not buying one when they went on sale. i did used to see a ton of people wearing them on the streets though, at least here in SF.

Quote:

dj flame: i get the feeling it's not water proof, at the least the ones in black. the olive ones maybe though. they felt a little more like there was nylon in the material but i could be wrong.

pok pok: i always liked that jacket and regreted not buying one when they went on sale. i did used to see a ton of people wearing them on the streets though, at least here in SF.

--- Original message by Liu Soula on Mar 5, 2006 11:26 AM

yea..i did see quite a few ppl wearing the gap jacket, i used to wear it all the time but not anymore, maybe i will again because no one wears it anymore...lol, they moved on to the gray gap puffy jacket with the fur lined hood for like 30 bux on sale.

I tried on that H&M jacket and it's definitely waterproof. If it weren't for the pockets and the bulgy back (h&m stuff always fits me a little odd), and the fact that i got a fairly similar Prada Sport not too long ago, I would have picked it up. But at $70 you can't go wrong.

Edited by Babar on Mar 5, 2006 at 04:38 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I kinda bit the dust and gotten myself an m-65 over the past weekend. rest assured I will not wear a arabic print scarf and go running off screaming "jihad"

It was the G-star version, in black, cotton outershell (a tough, durable, BDU-type I might add), and with a 100% polyester lining. I had to go one size up because of the lining.

Not really a full m-65, nonetheless an interesting twist with only 1 chest pocket, but 2 hand pockets high on the side.

I think there are two versions, the heavier winter version with built-in lining which I got, and the lighter spring version that's only cotton.

here's are some pics:

8216-318-923e.jpg

ignore the stripey shirt guy. I'm much more sexier than him.

My only peeve is that the zipper is YKK. uggh.

Kapeesh?

Edited by DJ_Flame on Mar 16, 2006 at 04:58 AM

Edited by DJ_Flame on Mar 28, 2006 at 07:48 AM

Quote:

Ok I kinda bit the dust and gotten myself an m-65 over the past weekend. rest assured I will not wear a arabic print scarf and go running off screaming "jihad"

It was the G-star version, in black, cotton outershell (a tough, durable, BDU-type I might add), and with a 100% polyester lining. I had to go one size up because of the lining.

Not really a full m-65, nonetheless an interesting twist with only 1 chest pocket, but 2 hand pockets high on the side.

I think there are two versions, the heavier winter version with built-in lining which I got, and the lighter spring version that's only cotton.

here's are some pics:

gstar-1.jpg

gstar-2.jpg

ignore the stripey shirt guy. I'm much more sexier than him.

My only peeve is that the zipper is YKK. uggh.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Mar 16, 2006 04:42 AM

why is ykk bad.

I had problems with YKK in the past, especially the zipping up. but those were stuff from Gap and H&M.

Also the paint on the zipper of the above jacket is chipping off. Not noticeable, but certainly bothersome.

Kapeesh?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

xcoldricex you selling that jacket?

I'm actually going to blends LA to pick it up tomorrow.

fuck blends for selling 450 a piece...but since I can't find that shit

anywhere else...I guess I'll have to take the hit.

if anyone can hook me up for less, like 350-400 shipped to LA,

let me know.