visvim backpack

xcoldricex

does anyone actually own one? i'm thinking of dropping money on one but i was wondering if anyone had any beefs with it (after using it). thinking of getting the ballistic with elk bottom or the hypatex with elk bottom. i was wondering if the elk bottom is prone to get ripped when setting it down on like concrete or normal daily stuff... and someone mentioned hypatex would be unpractical for a whole bag because it attracts dirt? is this true?

thanks in advance.

Quote:

jansport ain't that different. at least supreme packs have nice pockets and stuff.

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Feb 20, 2006 02:51 PM

yeah i agree. it's all jansport except the elk leather part, which i think might be daft if you're gonna carry your bag around.

die Kunst ist keine Wissenschaft

haha i doubt i would.. but people keep saying "its exactly like a jansport" i looked at the jansport site and saw nothing resembling it at all.

well. are there any other backpacks (maybe like arc'teryx) that are well made, not flashy and can hold a laptop (i usually do not like "laptop backpacks" - i've looked at the laptop bag threads and nothing really appeals to me there).

^ people are saying it looks just like jansport because its a normal looking backpack. jansport makes normal looking backpacks. i dont think too many heads are up on jansports line these days, but you keep looking and telling everyone you couldnt find anything, because that was exactly why they said it in the first place.

then go spend way too much money on a backpack that looks like you couldve picked it up on sale at sears.

BALDERDASH.

Quote:

^ people are saying it looks just like jansport because its a normal looking backpack. jansport makes normal looking backpacks. i dont think too many heads are up on jansports line these days, but you keep looking and telling everyone you couldnt find anything, because that was exactly why they said it in the first place.

then go spend way too much money on a backpack that looks like you couldve picked it up on sale at sears.

--- Original message by 350poundhotcakes on Feb 21, 2006 08:02 AM

just like spending money on a supreme backpack that looks like you could've picked it up at an army surplus store right?

The '06 backpacks aren't out yet.

Hypatex does attract dirt, but it can be cleaned easily, too. It's a stylish backpack and very useful, too, if you have to carry around a laptop. If you have the cash - I do recommend this one.

If there are any resemblances to other backpacks (déja vu) then def. not Jansport (it would be like comparing a VW Golf with a Maserati just because both have four wheels and an engine). As mentioned earlier, the base for the Visvim is an Acr'teryx, mixed with a bit of Burton and Gravis. See here: [url=" http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?prod=1370"] <a href="http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?prod=1370" target="_blank">http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?prod=1370 </a>. But this one has about 1/3 the details of the Visvim one.

Too many people talk too much about too many things they know too little about.