How will the 00's be remembered?

16steps

It seems that almost every decade leading up to the millennia had a very distinct atmosphere. The 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's all had a very distinct fashion and moral setting. The art was vastly different from decade to decade. The standard of living improved progressively throughout the decades.

How will the 00's be remembered? Boy bands? 9/11? George Bush? Recession? Iraq Wars? In retrospect, seems like a pretty dismal time?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phrost

i'm a firm believer in history repeating itself. there was an iraq war in the 90s as well as a wtc bombing scare in 93. there was a bush in office. there were boy bands, vampires crazes, n stupid trends

even though i don't like twitter i respect its influence in helping ppl gather in the iranian presidential election. nigs was wearin tight pants in the 90s too like they forgot. shit.

i still remember straight up 90s shit like zima n glow sticks. i think when the 2000s pass we'll remember more in retrospect

i think its going to be seen as the terror generation.

we have to see, that what we experienced as people past puberity, is much different for our group psyche then a kid who grew up on threat level red and the bush machine.

these kids are going to make the barney generation seem cool.

the worst generation ever.. No decade has been so plagued with such spoiled, self-centered, egomaniacal kids with so little merit.

Also, terrible music, possibly even worse than the 90's, terrible art, terrible politicians...

The all-pervasive presence of media and internet through wireless gadgets has killed our soul for the sake of convenience.

let us take a step back and enjoy the simple joys of life

242576014_ba155283f9_o.jpg

007.jpg

haha thats what i thought this thread was about first...

i think we will be remembered for our terrible movies, out "retro" and urban clothing style, everyone getting tattoos, internet children, deathof many great artists, and a change of modern art to some wierd direction, where everyone draws creatures and pictures make no sense

o yea and everyone becomes very liberal

The cell phone decade.

We completed our transition as americans to these new microcommunities. You can be is social as you want without ever saying a word to your neighbors (the people you'd run into in the normal course of the day).

Also, plans can now change on the fly. People are less punctual and less committed to social events. You can be on your way to a party and get a text about something better going on, then completely change the course of your night.

00 is the decade of stupid reality star celebrities

the decade of quick money, instant gratification, things that shimmer on the surface but is rotten on the inside..because instead of taking the time to construct things so its beautiful inside out people cut corners FAST FAST FAST

it seems like everyone is saying that the 00's were counter-progressive. Lots of throwback fads as wlell as increasingly alienating ourswlves from the rest of society (internet/social networking)

It seems like Mike Judge wasnt too far off in idiocracy. Technology will end up advancing to the point its running our lives and the humans revert to a neanderthal-like state just sitting at home and watching people get kicked in the nuts (vh1's programming is our current version of "OUCH! My Nuts!)

Headcoat and Flock have it dialed. There's times I kind of hope for complete socio-economic meltdown, so people will be forced to work for and appreciate the daily necessities. There's always been war, corruption, etc, and that will continue, but I look at people and wonder how humans (or maybe just Americans) have managed to survive. It's like Idiocracy for reals. Even though some great things were accomplished in the 00's, I think we took a very serious turn for the worse...

Edit: Zubin, just saw you mentioned Idiocracy also. That shit's so on point.