King of Fighters Thread

Ichigo100%

tgs2007_snkp_press03s.jpg

I'm not too sure how many of you actually play King of fighters since it seems most of you swirl around SF4. But I thought I would make a thread anyway since I think this game has been around for quite some time, it's very popular and definitely deserves some credit.

On that note, I'm looking forward to this game and hope it really picks up in popularity around North America. Supposedly when SBO is over, a lot of the pro SF4 players may jump on this game which is good news.

So if you ever do cop this game, or have/still played this game in general, who do you use? Who do you plan on using if you're new to the series? or what are you looking forward to?

Right now my selection seems to be Terry, Athena, and Sie Kensou.

SKstB6njkxs

Note: Supposedly there have been rumors circulating the fighting world that KOF has an early street release of the 23rd. I've contacted my local gamestop and EB and both have confirmed the 28th is still the official release date.. I'll see what happens this week.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Iori.

Wow XII just came out??? Guess i don't keep up anymore.

Randoms thoughts:

I used to own @ kof 2002 (Billy, Choi and Yamazaki as last for the win)

Got quite good at XI but never played it long enough (Kula as leader, Duck as first and Gato the imba king to counter any wierd shit my opponent throws out. )

For those who know, is Ash considered high level in XI? May dust off my ps2 and give the game a go.

I sorta like using duolon as leader in XI but his SDM gives me carpal tunnel.

Kyo hasn't been good since 2003.

Random video:

VCyMezXPUq8

Evidence a theoretical weaker team can win. What a waste of gato, he should be used to constantly pressure ozwald and kim since his moves all have godly advantage and he can mind game-rape the fuck out of anyone. Kula player also keeps on spamming her pokes which works with lower level play but not in this case.

Personally I don't think Ash is considered to be that high of a level however his attacks are pretty strong.

Supposedly Kyo is beast in the new one according to people who've played it. They improved his DP.

All the grapplers in this game are beast though.. Clark is nuts now lol. Daimon got nerfed a bit.

Daimon was great in 02/03. The ultimate poker with a got damn painful grapple when you got too close.

Clark has always been good. I remember one of the top Jap players was a die-hard clark user, probably top 5 in Japland and the world.

Hahaha just saw this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_(film)

Maggie Q as Mai. This gonna be good.

yeah! i could never understand what the story behind the normal iori and the crazy/cracked out iori was. did something happen?

oh and another one of my fav characters is the guy that throws up tornados. he was the boss of one of the arcade games.

and chris was also a good character.

Basically Kyo and Iori had a strong bitter rivalry that resulted in the Yagami clan getting cursed for betraying the Kusanagi clan..

Joe is the dude you're referring to ( dude who throws tornadoes).

Makes me nostalgic for grade school days when I'd go to the local pizza parlor where they had KOF, Samurai Showdown, and Mortal Kombat 2. Sadly out of all those KOF is the only one that has aged well and is still going strong.

Anyone else read the manga? I prob still have like 30 volumes of it in Chinese in my parents garage.

used to play 97/98/99 at my local swap meet when i was a kid. no matter how shitty that cheap arcade was it was my favorite one because its one of the few places i could play KOF. Those were the heydeys of KOF in my opinion. Damn, the mexicans were beasts at using clark. Dudes would also go crazy with yashiro and chris. Haven't really played it much since then. They used to have XI at the ucla arcade didn't play it much either. brings back good memories

Ugh I love KOF series/snk fighting games in general.

Since there isnt an SNK thread, and since most SNK games have crossovers with characters, I think it would be cool if we could discuss other games...

Anyone play on Mame? I remember back when I was 11-14, thats all I ever did. Kaillera, KOF 98, Garou Mark of the Wolves, KOF 2k.

Mad memories, this thread is making me so fucking nostalgic.

Its so crazy too, because last week my friend busted out his copy of CVS2 and I love that game because of the custom groove system, just defend and parry at the same time<3

Back to KOF 12.

This game will rock, the only fighting game I was looking forward to for a while (fuck BlazBullshit and Shit Fighter 4)

Well honestly, we can use this thread to discuss SNK games if you'd like.. A lot of the characters from KOF did originate from classic SNK titles anyway..

I try to play on 2dfighter/ GGPO but shit will never work for me. Ever since I got my new modem, it's been acting weird.

I may just have to wait until next week to actually start playing.. All I've been doing is playing KOF '99 but shit just isn't the same.

I used to be on metal slug hard! Like that game was crack for me at one point, I would play for days.

It's funny though, SNK actually originated a lot of shit back in the day that I didn't even know of.

GGPO is where its at right now for 2d fighting dude.. Mame is old news lol.. I mean people still use it but it's not as big imo.

I can agree with you though on the whole 2d aspect of gaming.. I grew up on 2d gaming so I have a lot of love for it.. That's why I can appreciate the KOF series more at this point simply because SNK stuck with the 2d concept from the get go.

I used to play 98 back when I was younger, then I ran into Fatal Fury and played that for a bit.. Didn't really get into it much.

Did you port forward both your UDP and TDPs?

If not, then it wont work. Open those ports and you should be fine..Also, are you using XP or Vista? Supposedly Vista has issues running the games..