Supreme F/W 2009

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my L green wool tracker today, its slim for a Large, fits me fine since im between a M-L. jacket would be perfect if its an inch longer. wish there was some fill in the quilted cotton lining.

anyone know what the 2 back pockets are originally for? it opens up to the entire back of the jacket.

anyone know what the 2 back pockets are originally for? it opens up to the entire back of the jacket.

Those are where put the game you have been tracking in your "tracker jacket" after you have hunted/killed it in the field.

fml. my ups package got stolen out of the lobby of my apartment building. ups has a trace on it, and supreme's customer service has been really impressively responsive. but fuck. $700 worth of supreme leathers. fuck.

UPS is on the hook for that one. You probably can't get your gear, but you can get your money back.

And that's the second Supreme package that's been stolen recently. Supreme's packages are really non-descript. Probably stolen just cause, and not bc it's Supreme.

^^ Most likely just random stealing, but they do say Supreme as the sender.

Supreme is likely big enough now that their market demo encompass' the UPS Worker Lacking Scruples*.

*Apple has had this market on lock for years.

Yeah, the label says Supreme, but it's not like a white box with a giant red box logo on it. It's not like a Zappos box.

UPS workers can tell you what is in your box with out opening it

and they probably just deliver it straight to their boys crib to pick up later.....

I think you're giving UPS workers too much credit.

Dude from UPS said that around this time of year, scum bags just drive around following UPS trucks and scoop stuff that's left at the door as soon as they put it there.

100% true.

sounds like the last few shipments i've gotten from amazon. kraft tape cut, stuff missing, resealed with clear packing tape.

got my new camera with the camera, upc and invoice missing. got a case of sencha shot to find that the books i ordered with it were missing along with the invoice. same m.o. both times.

Dude from UPS said that around this time of year, scum bags just drive around following UPS trucks and scoop stuff that's left at the door as soon as they put it there.

All my packages from supreme require a signature to receive. I always assumed this was standard on Supremes part. Was this not the case for you?

I've always needed a signature to have packages received from Supreme. Gift and a curse, as when the third attempt is missed (as it usually is due to having a job and UPS attempting between 9-5, so brilliant) it either gets sent back to Supreme or if i'm really lucky it goes to the UPS Customer Center at 104-01 Foster Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11236.

For a laugh and some perspective:

http://www.amazon.com/UPS-Customer-Center-located-at/forum/Fx2KME5D081OEJH/Tx1FWJRBIAA252O/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=0545010225

yea I've always found it bizarre how most major delivery companies work, especially when I imagine 90% of shit they try to deliver has to get picked up from a central location. It's really insane how it's usually like some unmarked warehouse in the middle of the boonies with no listing anywhere.

its the worst. Due to the economy being so hot right now, UPS now charges $4-6 to re-route packages to a different address (this is key to avoid said trip to the ninth circle of hell to retrieve package). Also due to the rise of illicit activity with UPS packages, receivers can no longer make any changes to the delivery with just the tracking # (which is provided to your email by the shipper, leaving it a mostly secure method of delivery) and instead they now require the Info Notice # (found on the piece of paper stuck to your door, which anyone can peel off and then call UPS pretending to be you, thus making it very not secure). This means you must wait for a delivery attempt to be made and call them before 7pm that day before you can make any changes.

UPS is now the most beneficial service to use for the shipper and the least beneficial for the receiver.

Hah, was thinking about it myself.

Overall this season was a little disappointing compared to the last, though to be fair Fall 08 was one of their absolute best. What I found most interesting this fall was that you can really see Supreme starting to expand a little bit. Putting everything into their online preview, putting practically all stock onto the webshop, increased runs of everything, and the absolutely insane collaboration schedule.

I did like what I got though. Timberline's been a real go-to jacket this fall, great for cycling. Plaid liner, cord collar, snaps on the vents, all the detailing was really solid. Wished it would have had a zip, but it's surprisingly warm regardless. The field shirt and mountain plaid were great alternatives to the traditional patterns out there.

Wish they would be doing some more un-branded stuff. Divine Mercy, thermal hoodie, and two tone hoodie were nice pieces, but they were exception, not the rule.

Collabos were disappointing across the board minus Hirst. Mickey Mouse was horseshit, ditto with APC. Just largely uninspired stuff. I love when collaborations put out a genuinely interesting product, like Northface, Visvim, and Neighborhood, not Supreme branding on a generic piece of gear.

Next seasons sounds interesting. I hope we see some more tech stuff, some more interesting collabos, and patterns other than plaids on their oxfords (paisleys were a good start) Praying that next seasons house brand shoe is a plaintoe or wally bite.

agreed, hirst tees sucked. tees in general were the worst i've ever seen.

aside from that, i actually liked this season more than fall '08. fishtail parka, timberline jacket, ombre flannel, divine mercy ... all standouts

the mainstreaming of supreme is nothing new but i got a good laugh when i saw the preme/budweiser duffle in gq. shortly thereafter that duffle shows up in supreme shops again. i think that's the third or fourth supreme reference i've seen in gq over the past couple of years

the olive Timberline is easily my favorite piece of outerwear this season, it's also been my go-to jacket, i wear it several times a week. price was not bad too.. if i had a choice between buying a full-price timberline or a sale-priced sagamore, i'd get the timberline, easy decision.

quite tempted by lambskin leather vest right now...