sawn-off chef

midnight snacks with scott.m and sufu friends!

shit tyro that looks legit, orion i love your idea actually. i think the contest is officially closed. if we could all post our favorites i'll tally the votes and name the winner, as of now my vote goes to lak, though dismal has a close second. and if you guys don't want to do your own take on grilled cheese thats fine, however, i'm with dismal, i loath seafood and would be up for something else.

i'm with whatever as long as it's got that midnight snack vibe to it

dont wanna do a lobster challenge or something

sufu cooking challenges: the next big thing?

no i agree money tuff, it definitely has to be a midnight snack, hence why lak and i last night thought grilled cheese with your own take on it would make a good midnight snack challenge. i'm open to suggestions.

i think the problem is maybe grilled cheese is a bit limited in terms of concepts? but im sure somebody will come up with some next level shit anyways so never mind that

You can take a grilled cheese to many places, but at the end of the date she's just a grilled cheese, feel me.

I vote Tyro, btw. I have a soft spot for Eggs Benny. I know mass feels the same way.

it may still be a grilled cheese but it's our own twists that we put into it that gives it the character and individuality, some are down for it, some opposed, frankly i feel its a good idea, if enough people agree or disagree we'll do it.

i just did a test run

funky grilled cheese

unfortunately my sandwich machine is apparently completely fucked and i had to scrape pieces of sandwich from it

so i'll have to make it on a skillet or something

but the flavors are definitely there

grilled cheese with emmentaler and parmesan, arugula, and scrambled egg

+ sour pickle (not actually on the sandwich because it doesnt taste good warm)

curry-chili ketchup

side salad of arugula and yellow pepper with balsamico and olive oil

okay boys then i think we have an official format, 2 days time, we pick a new meal/ ingredient and go at it. i'll be posting in either tonight or more likely tomorrow.

0.5 pts on presentation Money Tuff

I think i have that same little sandwich maker. Does it have a few different templates that come with it?

whose cuisine will reign supreme?

my entry is coming tomorrow.

already scheming/planning.

honestly except for the mess i made and the resulting ugly presentation, this is a dish i could get at a hotel bar and be more than satisfied, which i can't say about most of the vile stuff i make.

also a quick search has revealed that nobody has ever done this before

yo moneytuff, that's a classic problem i have with my sandwichmaker too. the trick is to slowly open it and peer inside. if the top is coming off, take a knife or fork and 'peel' the bread off and let it fall down. works always unless you're a dumbass and let that jawn fry for wayyyy too long

can't you just spray the insides of the press with a nonstick spray? that's how they did it at my cafeteria when they made panninis..

This is the best thread on Superfuture right now, no questions asked. But the redhead appreciation thread comes in a very close second.

thanks orion, glad i can do my part :s

looking forward to seeing your grilled cheese take. also you have 666 posts, BOOYAH

215uyv.png

So we doing grilled cheese?? Scott get more organized. Needa kno time frames, winner of egg-off, etc etc. Get on dat shit.

good call one second.

edit: updated OG post, after tallying nominations, LAK is the official winner, congratulations, dismal future you had a close second, missing the tie by only one vote. good job everybody else and we eagerly await your next post starting TOMORROW MORNING OR LATE TONIGHT.

GRILLED CHEESE IS THE SNACK

do not hesitate to post your midnight snacks still if they are unrelated to this, thank you,

the management.

My grilled cheese comin in about 16-18hrs, it's 4:30am, somehow too late for a midnight snack.

in, see you at midnight

glad to see more people taking this seriously, after i close registration if those of you who are competing could leave a post naming your vote it'll make it easier for me to tally winners, thank you.

Money Tuff, remake your sandwich so you don't embarrass yourself forever. What white man fails at making a grilled cheese? Seriously.

great thread since the challenge started.

I think it might be best to make a new thread

I might join, gotta experiment with some grilled cheese

thanks orion, glad i can do my part :s

looking forward to seeing your grilled cheese take. also you have 666 posts, BOOYAH

215uyv.png

I was gonna save my 666th for the superconfessional post I made about seeing that number everywhere... Def + rep for Lak for the first round victory. I'm gonna come correct for the next round.