effohbeee

canada :: vancouver :: general

Guest Montreal
)Sandwiches and etc at So.Cial (332 Water Street)

Glad someone mentioned this, because the sandwiches there are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

hey all,

Thanks for the tips. I ended up at templeton and sandai. I went to cactus club for dinner one night (food was pretty good but crowd was pretty douche-baggy) - I had a lot less time to do personal stuff and ended up doing more work related things. Hopefully I can make it back soon.

Lata gatas,

im heading to vancouver in early dec for work, anything i should really be checking out when im there?good stores etc

I need to kill a couple of hours before I can check into the Fairmont in Vancouver. Is there any cool shopping that I could possibly walk to? Any good restaurants, especially sushi?

you can walk to gastown. roden gray. one of a few, alife, illustrated example, stussy and goodfoot are all a 15 minute walk from you.

try tsunami sushi! pretty sweet pick-whatever-you-like from a revolving sushi moat. it's on robson, near burrard and right above el kartel.

Go to hapa or Gyu for izakaya (both downtown). Really liked Gyoza King (overall) and Kintaro for ramen.

Tojo's one of the big names, but that's across the bridge. It's fun if you do omakase.

Zakkushi on W.4th too if you're into izakaya! And then check out all the sweet stores on W.4th! Be sure to check out Gravity Pope! :)

w 4th is gay. connies and wins ftw. everything else gets the gasface. maybe hells kitchen on a good night. stay downtown. kits aint worth nothing til the summer hits. broadway for bc suchi, nothing else.

wheres the absolute pinnacle of fresh sushi in this town? everywhere i hit is just as useless as ontario sushi. if your on the coast you have to capitalize, i cant settle for frozen tuna. wheres the real shit at?

w 4th is gay. connies and wins ftw. everything else gets the gasface. maybe hells kitchen on a good night. stay downtown. kits aint worth nothing til the summer hits. broadway for bc suchi, nothing else.

wheres the absolute pinnacle of fresh sushi in this town? everywhere i hit is just as useless as ontario sushi. if your on the coast you have to capitalize, i cant settle for frozen tuna. wheres the real shit at?

If you want something real trek over to ajisai in kerrisdale... well worth it

guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu +/-garlic

hapa if you got money but guu is still better i think

i don't like sushi but apparently lime and octopus garden are really good?

i also need to step my chinese food game up. living in kits is fucking my diet up big time. i aint going to richmond, though.

broadway also has mad dope chinese spots

or maybe i'm thinking of commercial

i'm bad with names

if commercial drive is the place i think of... it's all chinese even the italian caffes are chinese. that might be a generalization but they make a good panini

ugh oi cant believe i live in vancouver

edit: it was mains t i was thinking of

ive driven down commerical twice, im sure im missing something, but i dont see what the hype is abotu that neighborhood. pretty removed, and it didnt look like much was going on.

broadway is impossible to know whats good, i went for pho yesterday around broadway/cambie, it was good. ill keep hacking away at it i guess.

some might not agree, but i love havana on commercial drive in the summer.

off-topic but does anyone carry BoO shirts in van?

grav pope, i think

thanks but i didn't see any there the other day

i might be confusing boo with steven allen

some might not agree, but i love havana on commercial drive in the summer.

off-topic but does anyone carry BoO shirts in van?

holt renfrew carry b.o.o. but didn't see any there on the weekend, maybe s/s hasn't come in yet? their current stock was super shitty.

ive driven down commerical twice, im sure im missing something, but i dont see what the hype is abotu that neighborhood. pretty removed, and it didnt look like much was going on.

broadway is impossible to know whats good, i went for pho yesterday around broadway/cambie, it was good. ill keep hacking away at it i guess.

Naw, that's just Commercial.. about as wack as Yaletown in a totally different way. Lots of cafes/hippies/flakes/punx/people with bongos, not much of interest. All the worst meals I've had in Van have been there. The summer Farmers Market is killer, but otherwise I rarely have a reason to be there.

Broadway – Saravanaa Bhavan is really good. Tojo's is supposed to be great but I've never made it down there. Fuloi was very disappointing. For sushi, Minato, Shin Ju and Tomokazu are all okay but nothing special. Habibi's used to be good but the menu was completely revamped when they reopened so I don't know..