arcteryx veilance

not really as its not a jacket,it is not water repellent etc,depends really what your 'everyday' needs are,the isogon is probably the best 'everyday' piece this season in terms of being able to wear indoor and out water/wind resistant and light, obviously its only downside is if the hood makes it to 'sporty' for all your occasions.

the windshell shirt could also possibly be useful for you, light and wind/water resistant and packable

This is from the MAPP merino site which is where I read it:

moisture control and management

MAPP Merino fibres have a complex structure with a hydrophilic (water holding) interior, known as the cortex and a hydrophobic (water repelling) exterior, known as the cuticle.

MAPP fabric will absorb perspiration without making you feel damp and uncomfortable, with the added benefit of being naturally shower repellent

Edited by Monkfish

you have to remember Arc's standards in terms of what they will say something is doing,I never looked at this piece and felt that it was really water repellant its not its purpose in the collection,same with the dyadic.it I guess offers very light protection,but either the windshell or mechanical stretch woven fabrics will offer much better results for varying spring/summer weather conditions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

could someone explain the difference between the SV and LT version of field jacket

I understand of course there is a weight difference but is there a materials difference etc?

SV in the normal arcteryx gear is the more technical wear... warmer etc

Size down everything? Isogon jacket or Insulated field? If i wear 48 Med in pretty much everything will sizing down to Small give room for layering?

could someone explain the difference between the SV and LT version of field jacket

I understand of course there is a weight difference but is there a materials difference etc?

its the details, the lt is newer and has a glued in zipper in the collar, new cuff construction, additional hidden hand pockets at the waist (side and top entry pockets, the sv only has top entry) and the collar closure.

the sv has a heavier more durable fabric and less pockets in this case.

Neither is going to keep you warmer or drier than the other, its more a question of durability vs. packability. What are you after?

anyone have any experience with the squamish shirt from this season? just curious how wearable it is (is the nylon really swishy?)

I just picked this up.. it is really swishy.. the material is paper thin but the cool part is it is water resistant and windproof.. the only downside to this is there isn't much breathability. The collar always falls open on a weird looking angle because they are so small.. only looks good when it's buttoned all the way up but I think i might add two small velcro tabs to fix this problem

if you can get it at a sale price I'd recommend it but if not.. might wait to see what they have in store next season

• 2 weeks later...

same as the other isogons? I would say isogons run slimmer than say the shells as they are more of a midlayer piece but not significantly different

Blazer Lt again fit wise I suggest your regular veilance size,its maybe a bit trimmer than the winter ones as the fabric is thinner

I went a size up on my isogon compared to every other veilance piece I have. Normally a medium but went for a large in the isogon. I felt it looked better but I was always going to wear it as a lightweight jacket rather than a mid layer. If you are going to do the same then I would go a size up.

Gotta chime in on the sizing talk here. I'm generally a small in most brands, and size down to XS for veilance. While the Isogon is slightly slimmer than the shells I still went with an XS as I never intend to wear it over anything thicker than a spring weight sweater, usually just a tee. I suppose if I was planning to wear it through the fall I might size up to fit thicker layers underneath but that wasn't what I had in mind. So keep in mind your end use when considering sizing.

I'm also surprised we are talking about it as a mid-layer. I don't see it that way at all. It's a light weight shell, wind and weather resistance only, no insulation. What are you guys wearing it under?

Edited by larssss

I probably described it the wrong way,what I mean is it is not a true shell and is not considered as one in the line,nor dose it fit in the same way, it is more of a hoody fit than a jacket fit, while granted it dose not have any warmth giving properties other than being wind resistant

I'm also surprised we are talking about it as a mid-layer. I don't see it that way at all. It's a light weight shell, wind and weather resistance only, no insulation. What are you guys wearing it under?

Japanese styre!

arcteryx_41145842_22.jpg