SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

getting better at denim photography, harder than sidneylo makes it seem, i hurriedly threw them down on dirty tenderloin pavement, and tried to adjust my exposure settings accordingly. I got the color right but my angle was a little off and the jeans are shadowy in some spots

Coming down the final stretch here of the competition and I've got to say, some great jeans and some great stories popping around. I've weaved in and out the past half a year saying where I've been and such, and for that reason, these jeans mean extra special to me.

I had the privilege to travel around Europe while studying in Scotland for the last 4 months of 2009. The jeans have gone with me to Italy, Spain, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Czech Republic, France, and a steady trip down from New England to D.C. before it. They've gone everywhere, been in every picture, and it sort of means a lot after all that. Really enjoyed the competition so far and I hope you guys like the pictures.

4318417182_f50d6ef3f9_b.jpg

4318416002_7a58d69909.jpg

4317683929_d857661064.jpg

4317682723_9ca3ddd50a.jpg

4318416860_d566713cf5.jpg

Yeah weird contest, mine come out seriously different than Izayuh and dkatz. I have massive vertical fading, Izayuh just thrashes the shit out of it, and dkatz has some overall massive fading, which is all very awesome. (mixed the dudes up, my bad)

Yeah weird contest, mine come out seriously different than Izayuh and iGit. I have massive vertical fading, Izayuh just thrashes the shit out of it, and igit has some overall massive fading, which is all very awesome.

??have I missed an IGIT update?? vamks are you and IGiT sending secret supermessages back and forth comparing and contrasting your respective jeans for the contest--are you teaming up against me and Dkatz?--is it SF vs theothers?

Ok--exaggerating

I just havent seen IGiT's Drybones save for a couple months/a dozen pages ago. Did I miss something, if so, repost, otherwise let's see some updates.

Oh my bad! I think i meant dkatz, got the dude mixed up with igit, that's my fault.

there was another dude that only updated once, and it was a far away shot of him on his bike, but it was pale blue, like to the point where I thought it couldn't have been the contest jeans, it was nuts, but I forgot who that was.

who8mahrice, that usually happens when you wash, it's sort of common sense. The darker parts of the denim get lighter and the lighter parts stay light, which = less contrast. no worries though, high contrast is a little overrated.

??have I missed an IGIT update?? vamks are you and IGiT sending secret supermessages back and forth comparing and contrasting your respective jeans for the contest--are you teaming up against me and Dkatz?--is it SF vs theothers?

Ok--exaggerating

I just havent seen IGiT's Drybones save for a couple months/a dozen pages ago. Did I miss something, if so, repost, otherwise let's see some updates.

haah i haven't updated my drybones since sometime in december. I don't have much to show but once i get someone to take some pictures of my dry bones i'll show you guys my call of duty fades. I'm from the bay area just like you and dkatz!!!!

haah i haven't updated my drybones since sometime in december. I don't have much to show but once i get someone to take some pictures of my dry bones i'll show you guys my call of duty fades. I'm from the bay area just like you and dkatz!!!!

Yo sup Bay Area kids. I think I'm gonna make a trip to San Fran soon, was supposed to be this weekend but my friend is busy...so maybe in 2 weeks or so? Anybody down to show me around? Been there before but kicking it with a local would be better.

And we can take group drybones picture. nohomo. but really it's pretty homo.

Gee vamks, good to know I'm so forgettable! And here I thought I was creating some sort of a lasting legacy by overposting so much. Hah!

Seriously though... awesome variety of evolution we're getting, I love how smooth and clean yours are.

Thanks for standing up for me izayuh!

Who8mahrice- looks pretty sick to me! I think I see what you mean about them looking like they lost contrast. It looks to me like they're generally turning more blue and less blackish, which could give the illusion of less contrast?

iGIT- depending on how you sit while you're playing call of duty, that could spell some pretty mean knee fades/honeycombs. And maybe you'll get some dkatz-style orangefades from where you wipe your hands after all the cheez-it's I'm sure you're eating while playing... if you''re anything like me (they call me Snack Master Katz)

Panda- wish I was there to show you around. If you find yourself in east africa, though, I got you covered. Take advantage of all opportunities to drink overlysnobby coffee and drink beer you've never heard of and you should be golden.

Funny... I basically to have two types of evolution happening. There is the degradation of indigo in the jeans (less blue over time) and the concurrent but inverse accrual of orange coloration from the dirt/dust in kampala. weeeiiiirrrrrd. Maybe if I wore these long enough (maybe for the entirety of the 16 more months I have here) they would eventually become purely orange jeans. And then I'd market them as SelfEdgexDryBonesxSuperfuturexdkatzxUganda Natural Dirty-Dyed-Denims

Aaaaand because I'm a big fat nerd, I made a chart for demonstration:

blue%20vs%20orange.JPG

Notice that if we extrapolate, we can ascertain that my jeans will one day be just a slightly indigo-tinged orangeybrown.

[quote name=dkatz;2155268

iGIT- depending on how you sit while you're playing call of duty' date=' that could spell some pretty mean knee fades/honeycombs. And maybe you'll get some dkatz-style orangefades from where you wipe your hands after all the cheez-it's I'm sure you're eating while playing... if you''re anything like me (they call me Snack Master Katz)

[/quote]

hahah i wish i had some of your orange style fades. i never eat while im playing, i hate it when my controllers greasy ha.

dkatz, your graph is pretty badass!

Same here. I've been thinking what my next pair would be for a while now. I got a fresh pair of unworn skulls in the drawer.. but I'm leaning more towards getting some pbjs. Will have to see what new collabs come out, or wait for new interesting contests to pop up.

I just did another soak last night.. will find time to post up pics.