SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

pictures taken with my new nikonD60

no flash, under indoor office lighting, (you know those strange 1x3 rectangles with shaft lightbulbs embedded in a ceiling of thin destructible squares that can be pushed up with a finger but are held in place by intersecting metal beams)

the photos are true to color. I am new at this photography thing.

dayummmmmnn izayuh! How have you torn up the front right-right pocket so substantially?

Still drying from wash #6 (pics were taken pre-wash). Looks like I'll be taking a break from the dry bones for the day! I'll try to get post-wash pics tonight if I get home before sundown.

I feel like we should be in store for some pretty impressive updates from cure, og_m3 and igit when they get around to posting pics!

Gentlemen...?

good question dkatz.

On the third picture down there is some green poking through. IF you look closely at the belt loop above the green hole you'll notice a giant chunk missing, that is where my flathead rein is held (it's damn near almost torn the loop apart) and my keys dangle from the clip of the rein (prevented me from buying the S-Hook key holder). Well the keys rub constantly on that spot and eventually it wore through both denim and canvas (they told me it was unrepairable).

The other absurd tear is from earlier on in the jeans history. for a time I used to carry my weed ( I no longer smoke) in a mini altoids container in the 5th pocket. It got that customary outline but eventually was putting excessive stress on the outer pocket lip. One day I was skating at "La Raza" in Potrero hill and I ate shit on the 10ft wall. I slid all the way down with most my body weighted on the altoids tin. The jeans took the abuse. Now the lip of my pocket is a frail tattered string of denim (also irrepairable).

Also, I have washed these infrequently, and if you're keen enough to notice, around the right pocket the denim became so crisp with grime and dirt that the whiskers began to crack. when I could see my underwear through the whiskers I had to take them in. There were 5 small horizontal tears which were spreading fast. They are now blips of white covered in excessive stitching.

What I disliked about repairing these lap tears was that now my right side felt stiffer and heavier with the reinforced fabric, not to mention covered in stitches, it becomes impossible to tell what is vertical fading and what is just stitching.

hahahahha, izayuh- I love the level of detail in your pocket-destruction-description. Let's see those sunshiney post-wash pics!

Post-wash. Yesterday afternoon in the shade (distinctly less orange than pre-wash.):

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Just noticed the yoke-stitching is coming undone. Gonna have to fix that.

^Nah man, it stormed like a MOTHERfucker here today. I'm talking heavens opening up and unleashing a wall of solid water upon the earth. Rain you can't even walk through.

Then it stopped 30 minutes later and got sunny and hot again. Love the equator!

Haha, word. Is the rain there as gross as it is in Asia? When it rains there it's like taking a warm acidic shower...and then all the food cart stink sticks to you and you smell like ass.

I prefer LA rain. Cold and only rains heavily for a bit...

But NorCal rain...just goes on for days and days and days...

Haha, word. Is the rain there as gross as it is in Asia? When it rains there it's like taking a warm acidic shower...and then all the food cart stink sticks to you and you smell like ass.

I prefer LA rain. Cold and only rains heavily for a bit...

But NorCal rain...just goes on for days and days and days...

Nah, it's not the heavy humid rain (I had enough of that living in Brazil). I love the rain here- it absolutely dumps down but makes the city feel cleaner and a bit cooler.

Restitched my yoke last night using thread from the original hems (decided make it a bit loud):

IMG_0138.jpg

Tried to take a couple izayuh-style close-up fit pics... and failed. Couldn't find anywhere with even lighting.

I hear some folks ran into my homey/old roommate at Self Edge the other day and had a chat about our little contest here...

That would be me. Seemed like a good guy. I couldn't say enough positive things about your pair. Keep it up DKATZ! All the way from The Bay to Africa... Respect!!!

izayuh, your pair looks insane, seriously.

And telling the stories behind all the wear makes it even better.

just washed mine after 5 months since going to Europe. Now that the storm in SoCal is over, I'll have a chance to dry it out and take some pictures. I'm long overdue for an update and I apologize, it was basically impossible to update when I was in Scotland for many reasons.

The jeans held up after all the traveling, but the left pocket is torn to pieces and my left knee (like my Red-D's) are holing out. I'm too lazy to care to fix it, so I might just force it to last till the end.

3wash (usually in machine) and one soak.

drying right now after a cold handwash. will post pictures when dry, hoping for some sunshine, SF has been stormy

just washed mine after 5 months since going to Europe. Now that the storm in SoCal is over, I'll have a chance to dry it out and take some pictures. I'm long overdue for an update and I apologize, it was basically impossible to update when I was in Scotland for many reasons.

The jeans held up after all the traveling, but the left pocket is torn to pieces and my left knee (like my Red-D's) are holing out. I'm too lazy to care to fix it, so I might just force it to last till the end.

Pics promised. Time to deliver.