movie torrenting

buy a rapidshare account

best purchase you'll ever make

always download at full speed, don't have to worry about seeding, and you can find EVERYTHING on there

Most games or movies uploaded onto rs are split into a shit load of parts and gets really tedious to download each individual file.

i always get my movies from mininova and never have problems with slow downloads. are these sites really that much better?

Sites like mininova/piratebay/demoniods dont enforce any rules on your seed/leech ration so for me... speeds are awful. I use Pretome so on average, there are pretty much 100-200 seeding/ 1-10 leeching on popular torrents. However, pretome (as well as passthepopcorn i think) require you to upload more then you download so be prepared to leave your computer running 24/7

why do all private torrent sites have the same login template???

Most games or movies uploaded onto rs are split into a shit load of parts and gets really tedious to download each individual file.

RS have gone so downhill, the bandwidth restrictions (yes i need it) and the worst is the near-frequent goddamn 503 errors.

and getting a good ratio on PTP is soo easy, compared to any tracker i've ever been on. They award points you can trade for GBs for seeding.

man, i just download torrents from mininova, piratebay, etc and DL them through bittorrent. you can find pretty much anything and download it in 3 hours or less.

quick general question. Whenever i download movie torrents the sound is usually off.

it that somehow my connection or just a shitty rip.

also, I have a what account that I never use that i would trade for a popcorn invite if the sound issue is not on me. The ratio is at .02 and have only downloaded like 4 gigs so not even 5gb threshhold, so it can be recovered with a little work.

quick general question. Whenever i download movie torrents the sound is usually off.

it that somehow my connection or just a shitty rip.

also, I have a what account that I never use that i would trade for a popcorn invite if the sound issue is not on me. The ratio is at .02 and have only downloaded like 4 gigs so not even 5gb threshhold, so it can be recovered with a little work.

when you say sound is off, do you mean the soundtrack isnt in sync with the video?

if it happens often, i suspect it would be a problem with missing codecs. just download a codec sound pack or you can manually find what codecs your missing by using programs like themonospot.

It could also be hardware related. i tried watching hd videos on my older computer but the sound was always off since it just didnt have enuff power

passthepopcorn is treating me very well. My ratio is pretty good with minimal effort (unlike my what ratio which is just barely above what it needs to be to not get booted).

I'm stacking up the bonus points pretty quickly. the system is really cool.

I don't have any invites yet though, sorry.

Can someone invite me for KG? I used to have an account there, but somehow it got erased for not logging in for a couple a months. Can trade for waffle inv.

I can hook you up. I already have waffles but I might need that invite later because my friend wants it and my ratio's too fucked for invites.

passthepopcorn is treating me very well. My ratio is pretty good with minimal effort (unlike my what ratio which is just barely above what it needs to be to not get booted).

I'm stacking up the bonus points pretty quickly. the system is really cool.

I don't have any invites yet though, sorry.

do what i did to invite you - trade in points and buy some invites.

^^if you're going to go through the trouble of searching a public site by release group

go to vcdquality.com

find out which group released the movie you're looking for

then go to torrentz.com and search the movie name + release group

but that's such a hastle

yeah? I might wait for that then. I should be a Power User pretty quickly at the rate im going. My ratio is 1.53, but it was like 2.00 yesterday. I just downloaded three movies last night. I've uploaded 20 gigs so I'll be PU by next week.

no it wasn't one night, I've been there for a week now I think. I'm just saying those last three dropped my ratio some. It's already going back up. What helped me was downloading The Godfather in 1080p on freeleech. It's a fucking 24gb file and I've upped 13.5gb's of just that.

no it wasn't one night, I've been there for a week now I think. I'm just saying those last three dropped my ratio some. It's already going back up. What helped me was downloading The Godfather in 1080p on freeleech. It's a fucking 24gb file and I've upped 13.5gb's of just that.

you watch these movies strictly on your computer? i'd love to download HD stuff but i stream to my PS3 to watch on 50" and anything over 700MB usually causes alot of stuttering in playback :(

haha i cant watch 1080p on my comp. I might be able to do 720 though.

I don't download anything that high usually, but I do have a WD media player which lets me hookup my hd to it and play movies in HD on my TV.

so i can already play it on my tv but how do you stream it to your PS3 though?

haha i cant watch 1080p on my comp. I might be able to do 720 though.

I don't download anything that high usually, but I do have a WD media player which lets me hookup my hd to it and play movies in HD on my TV.

so i can already play it on my tv but how do you stream it to your PS3 though?

I use PS3 media server or MediaLink to wirelessly stream movies from my HD to my PS3. Up to 700mb files stream pretty smoothly.. anything more and it lags.

^^ yup, just search PS3 Media Server, it's freeware and does a pretty good job, sometimes you'll get issues with incompatibility in files, but most AVI's/MP4's play just fine, it can also do soft-subs if they're in a .srt file, .sub won't work

ps. be sure to enable Media Server in your PS3's system settings

someone school me on this torrent shit

so used to rapidshare/mu for dling movies

you download utorrent a small programm that allows you to run your torrents

then you download a torrent

you should maybe download a torrent for a file that has a lot of 'seeders' (people who are offering their ul bandwidth so you can dl from them) or a big swarm (the sum of seeders and leechers)

now as you are downloading you are called as a 'leecher' until your dl is complete. then when you start uploading (this usually already starts while you are downloading) you are a seeder. at this point you could delete your torrent and not share what you have dl'ed or close your torrent program which is known as a hit-and-run. but other people who want the same file will be fucked if you don't share what you dl'ed

the whole concept of torrents is that you share stuff and offer it to other people. private trackers (sites that offer torrents for dl) are usually the best way to get good and fast seeds. you usually have to maintain a dl/ul ratio to not get kicked from the tracker because torrenting is about sharing.

the piratebay is a public tracker as is mininova. you can use torrents.to to search all the popular public trackers. getting into private trackers is usually hard as it requires an invite. sometimes those sites have free signups for a limited time.

the thing with torrents is that you often have to search far and wide to find old files because noone will be sharing those after a certain time because they will usually not help their ratio

i guess that covers the most important points